D-Day England release new kit! (Needs it's very own thread)

Several generations of Clan Haggis would spin furiously if I was to wear this, so as a wholly,a very wholly neutral, this is a fine kit.

It is simple, which I think most people over the age of nine want in a sports shirt. 

Its up to us, the RFL and IMG to ensure it is a often used work shirt, than just a one off funeral cloak.

Edited by idrewthehaggis

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

“But a red V isn’t an option for our national team – it’s already very closely identified with a very successful club team.

This bit made me laugh. Wait until England football find out what Tottenham Hotspur wear...........

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

“England football kits have tended to have an element of blue, whether in the shirt or shorts.

As we all suspected - the thought process didn't go much deeper than this. 

Pretty weak explanation overall but at least they've finally said something. Not sure I believe these are flying off the hanger as he's trying to suggest - I think it says more about how bad the last one was rather than this one's popularity. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

This bit made me laugh. Wait until England football find out what Tottenham Hotspur wear...........

As we all suspected - the though process didn't go much deeper than this. 

Pretty weak explanation overall but at least they've finally said something. Not sure I believe these are flying off the hanger as he's trying to suggest - I think it says more about how bad the last one was rather than this one's popularity. 

It also doesn’t explain one of the main criticisms 

Why have a new kit at all when there already was one

but I suspect them saying Oxen wanted to make a few extra quid wouldn’t  have gone down very well.

Them having to retrospectively come out with this shows how badly managed it was in the first place.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It also doesn’t explain one of the main criticisms 

Why have a new kit at all when there already was one

but I suspect them saying Oxen wanted to make a few extra quid wouldn’t  have gone down very well.

Them having to retrospectively come out with this shows how badly managed it was in the first place.

100%! I just find it all really shameless - a real 'read the room' moment. Especially for the people who bought the last version - it should be made free to them in this current financial climate. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

100%! I just find it all really shameless - a real 'read the room' moment. Especially for the people who bought the last version - it should be made free to them in this current financial climate. 

They've also got a bloody cheek talking about GB's 'heritage' whilst trying to flog this abomination

spacer.png

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

Arket, the high street store, take back any product people don't wont (not just their own product) and recycle for them. Which is a incredible thing to commit to doing. As an example to recycle a cotton tshirt, every single thread within that tee needs to seperated. Painstaking isn't a big enough word.

The RFL, via the clubs, could set up a process where any unwanted replica kit or training wear could be returned and sent out to any number of fledgling nations around the world who are starting to play the game. Or indeed any country where there is a need for such things. Some clubs of course may already do this..

Yeah, I know there are individual schemes for this, but a wide scale coordinated effort could be a good thing. 

It says a lot about the negative reaction that Mark Foster has felt the need to come out and say something about it all.

The old 'we've sold more on the first day then previously' line means nothing unless your going to give out details of how many were sold this time and last time. 

And the reasoning behind a change is pretty appalling IMO. And shows a severe knowledge gap within senior management of the game.

• Like 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

18 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Only in tiny sizes, mind.

That Nike stuff was ace. 

It was. Really liked it.

I don't mind the Kukri stuff either, TBH.

It's mainly the clip art VIKINGS badge I find objectionable.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

38 minutes ago, RP London said:

not sure that really explains it.. others have done it, people quite like Navy and its a bit different.. ok fair but why no red then, its like a conscious thing to drop the red but why? 

They didn't want it to look like St Helens? 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

They didn't want it to look like St Helens? 

I know that's the reason but it is, frankly, so small time that it's embarrassing every time it's said out loud.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I know that's the reason but it is, frankly, so small time that it's embarrassing every time it's said out loud.

I think this is an example of listening to noisy fans too much. That point is used quite a lot when discussing a red v, but sometimes, noisy doesn't mean majority, or correct. 

Possibly the nicest England kit I saw us wear was the red and white hooped anniversary kit we wore a few years back that looked like a Wigan or Leigh kit. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think this is an example of listening to noisy fans too much. That point is used quite a lot when discussing a red v, but sometimes, noisy doesn't mean majority, or correct. 

Possibly the nicest England kit I saw us wear was the red and white hooped anniversary kit we wore a few years back that looked like a Wigan or Leigh kit. 

That at least had an actual proper reason for being used.

If Oxen can’t design a kit with a V on it whilst keeping a core colour on the design then they aren’t fit for purpose 

• Like 5

I promised myself I was done commenting on this thread but after reading that ridiculous attempt at justifying the shirt by Mark Foster there I just have to say, that is the biggest pile of sh*t I've ever seen, most feeble attempt to justify anything ever. Absolute disgrace. 

As others have suggested, I wouldn't be surprised if a red and white away kit is quickly brought out in a few weeks and we end up wearing that more than this monstrosity and they end up justifying wearing the away kit by using the kit clash argument. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Agreed. Myself and my other half got matchy-matchy his 'n' hers England shirts for the WC last year. We've not worn 'em yet - we just assumed they'd be the same this year. But seems our eagerness to wear the shirt has come back to bite us.

Won't be buying the new one - not right now and not at full price, anyway...

1 minute ago, Billy King's Boots said:

Agreed. Myself and my other half got matchy-matchy his 'n' hers England shirts for the WC last year. We've not worn 'em yet - we just assumed they'd be the same this year. But seems our eagerness to wear the shirt has come back to bite us.

Won't be buying the new one - not right now and not at full price, anyway...

I doubt you’ll look out of place at matches wearing last years shirts.

This excuse they've come out with just doesn't work either does it after bringing out a red and white kit for the world cup last year. It wasn't a problem then. I know they didn't have a V on that one but if it wasn't important last year why is it suddenly so important now? As has been said, I just assumed we'd wear the original one seen as it had barely been worn anyway. 

Right I'm done talking about the shirt. Im not saying anything more about it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

It was. Really liked it.

I don't mind the Kukri stuff either, TBH.

It's mainly the clip art VIKINGS badge I find objectionable.

That swoosh Yorkshire hoodie was genuinely the best sports hoodie I've ever seen

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I like what  Castore are doing but haven’t seen any of the stuff in person so to speak, umbro’s stuff is fantastic IMO.

colour aside, theres no little design touches or thought in it, its just a bog standard cheap Oxen shirt.

Talking of Umbro, the new shirt does have echoes of this in it...

1992-england-rugby-league-shirt-adults-xl-8580-1-p.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

This excuse they've come out with just doesn't work either does it after bringing out a red and white kit for the world cup last year. It wasn't a problem then. I know they didn't have a V on that one but if it wasn't important last year why is it suddenly so important now? As has been said, I just assumed we'd wear the original one seen as it had barely been worn anyway. 

Right I'm done talking about the shirt. Im not saying anything more about it. 

Yeah,yeah we’ve heard that before,you’ve more comebacks than old starbug & his lawnmower.