Fri 5th Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/08/22 at 19:30

The Punch Up (Locker) Cup is up for grabs in this one.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The Wardonia Cup, for the traditionalists.

locker-cup-close-up.jpg.webp

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh great.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

20 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Pies by 16 although Wire are long overdue a performance. What price for a Wakey/TO/Wigan treble to really make things intesting at the bottom?🤔

Can't agree SS there is nothing interesting about relegation.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

But there is plenty interesting in Promotion, unfortunately we can't have one without the other for two reasons 

1. The RFL has already stated that there will be no structural change this season.

2. Will SL clubs EVER vote for a voluntary reduction in their funding by the pot being divided up further, and it may even be that come '23 there could be a lesser TV contract that would mean a further reduction than they recieve now.

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But there is plenty interesting in Promotion, unfortunately we can't have one without the other for two reasons 

1. The RFL has already stated that there will be no structural change this season.

2. Will SL clubs EVER vote for a voluntary reduction in their funding by the pot being divided up further, and it may even be that come '23 there could be a lesser TV contract that would mean a further reduction than they recieve now.

More chance of Bulls going up then SL teams sharing money out.

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think we'll agree to disagree on that one.😁 Without P&R you take away a huge part of sport and have way too many dead rubbers.

Hey, it's not always fun for everyone but you can't say games involving relegation don't throw up iconic memories.

Jimmy Glass scoring for Carlisle in 1999 to keep them in the Football League

Gareth O'Brien in the 2016 MPG (sorry KR fans!)

I bet if you ask Salford, Leigh, Cas, HKR etc fans they'll agree not everything revolves around SL and some of their favourite memories will have been in the Championship despite the pain of getting relegated to end up there.

Although maybe Saints, Wigan, Leeds & Wire fans might disagree as any finish outside the top 4 in SL is seen as a disgrace to them.😁

Anyway, we're digressing.... Wigan to win.😉

• Like 1

Probably closer than some might think. The prospect of facing Wigan should lift Wire's game and if it does then questions will again be asked about Daryl Powell's ability to lift a side.

Pies 22 Wire 20.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

A club getting into SL is interesting I agree.

The rest is moot Harry and all part of the Davy plan predating IMG

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

I think we'll agree to disagree on that one.😁 Without P&R you take away a huge part of sport and have way too many dead rubbers.

Hey, it's not always fun for everyone but you can't say games involving relegation don't throw up iconic memories.

Jimmy Glass scoring for Carlisle in 1999 to keep them in the Football League

Gareth O'Brien in the 2016 MPG (sorry KR fans!)

I bet if you ask Salford, Leigh, Cas, HKR etc fans they'll agree not everything revolves around SL and some of their favourite memories will have been in the Championship despite the pain of getting relegated to end up there.

Although maybe Saints, Wigan, Leeds & Wire fans might disagree as any finish outside the top 4 in SL is seen as a disgrace to them.😁

Anyway, we're digressing.... Wigan to win.😉

Ah iconic memories, dead rubbers & fun in the championship!