Would you wear your rival's shirt to a home game if it meant your team won the game?

Sadly, my parents are no longer with us and their ashes are buried in separate urns in a plot by the entrance road at Hull Crematorium.

If I was ever to wear a Hull KR shirt, I can imaging folk walking past that particular spot commenting...

"Can you hear what sounds like two electric blenders underground?"

• Like 2
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

I would wear any shirt from any RL or Football club and it wouldn’t bother me. But i would never wear a rugby u**** shirt whether that be club, country, or even something that just had Rugby XV on it. 

Would you wear an England RU shirt if it meant they never won a game while you had it on?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Just curious as to how people answer this question. 

So would I wear a KR shirt to a Hull game if it meant Hull won the game? No I would not. 

Just one thing to take into account when you're answering. The shirt has to be on full show. 

I think I’d rather chop off my nut sack with a blunt spoon than wear anything but a Fev shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Would you wear an England RU shirt if it meant they never won a game while you had it on?

No id feel dirty Futtocks. Id sooner walk around with a Take That T-shirt on for the rest of my life than wear any ruggers shirt. 

6 minutes ago, Josef K said:

No id feel dirty Futtocks. Id sooner walk around with a Take That T-shirt on for the rest of my life than wear any ruggers shirt. 

"Back for good" is immeasurably better to listen to than a stadium full of people* endlessly bellowing the first two lines of "Swing Low, sweet Chariot".

*people who haven't yet found out that those Wasps RUFC bonds they spent thousands on are worth less than nothing. :kolobok_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

"Back for good" is immeasurably better to listen to than a stadium full of people* endlessly bellowing the first two lines of "Swing Low, sweet Chariot".

*people who haven't yet found out that those Wasps RUFC bonds they spent thousands on are worth less than nothing. :kolobok_biggrin:

Wasps were not very popular with the Coventry City fans a few years ago, i don’t know if they still are. 

7 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Wasps were not very popular with the Coventry City fans a few years ago, i don’t know if they still are. 

More details in the cross-code forum.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I very much doubt it…

Ha ha ha, How strange is that Leyther, i has no idea it had been PP. The wasps are the owners of the ground (i think) so i suppose they can do what they want with the pitch even if it means playing 700 sevens rugger games in a couple of weeks on it.

Id imagine a lot of Millers fans will be a bit miffed, and will have to reorganise and see if they can attend the rearranged fixture.

I don’t know anything about wasps ruggers but they must have loads of money with moving from Wycombe (is that right) and buying what was supposed to be Cov’s ground. I don’t know how many turn up to watch them but id guess they get full houses if the board are not frightened of splashing cash out. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Just curious as to how people answer this question. 

So would I wear a KR shirt to a Hull game if it meant Hull won the game? No I would not. 

Just one thing to take into account when you're answering. The shirt has to be on full show. 

Not for me although I don't know who our rivals are.

Edited by meast

8 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Thats because of the Commonwealth games.  Nothing to do with Wasps

Apart from Wasps being responsible for the upkeep of the pitch? Although you’d have thought someone from CCFC might have popped in at some point just to see how things were going

• Like 1

Just checking.  In this scenario, does the new England kit count as the Saints away kit.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

17 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Thats because of the Commonwealth games.  Nothing to do with Wasps

The upkeep of the pitch is still Wasps responsibility and it wasn't in particularly good shape prior to the commonwealth games.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes, I’d wear one every day for the rest of my life if it achieved that. 

Let's up the ante with a necessary qualification to that question, and one that makes it much harder. 

Would you wear that shirt for that result in public, rather than in the shameful privacy of your own home, with the curtains drawn.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Let's up the ante with a necessary qualification to that question, and one that makes it much harder. 

Would you wear that shirt for that result in public, rather than in the shameful privacy of your own home, with the curtains drawn.

A proper conundrum this, would I have to wear it even if I went to a RL game? 

23 hours ago, Josef K said:

To be fair, Coventry City the club are not very popular with Coventry City the fans these days and haven't been for a long time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)