The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

Swinton have signed on loan:-

Dane Windrow and Robbie Butterworth from Wakefield. Nathan Conroy from Hunslet and Cain Rob from cas. Anyone any info or opinions on them? 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Dane Windrow and Robbie Butterworth from Wakefield. Nathan Conroy from Hunslet and Cain Rob from cas. Anyone any info or opinions on them? 

Windrow and Butterworth have both been hovering around the Wakey first team this year. Both played a game or two but difficult to get a decent go with the problems Wakey have had this year.  

Butterworth is a confident, assured full back whenever I’ve seen him in the academy/reserves. Windrow, a big, hard working back rower. 

I think Robb is in a similar position over at Cas - played a handful of games in their first team over the last couple of years at dummy half and seen as a good prospect. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mark said:

Robb should rip it up.  Most Cas fans would like to see him in the squad each week as an interchange hooker.

Quick, elusive, smart player.  Bit of aggression in his game too.  Dangerous running from acting half. 

His size seems to be the only thing stopping him at Cas.  Hes normally a decent defender but got run over a bit by the big middles in a match earlier in the season and Last hasn't really played him since.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Partington to Leeds? Bit of a wild rumour, if there's anymore outgoings at Salford then if I'm one of those shareholders who recently bought into the club I'd be looking for a receipt.

Id be happy with him as a replacement for Bentley if he goes to the NRL as rumoured.

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Cust to Leeds is the latest rumour.

I didn’t realise he was only 24

Was chatting to one of my clients earlier who's a Salford fan. He said that Wigan made an enquiry for Croft and were then willing to let Cust leave but Salford said no, which is why the Cust move to Leeds never happened.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Cust to Leeds is the latest rumour.

I didn’t realise he was only 24

Not sure I want to see that, he's so bad I'd prefer him to be able to play for both clubs at the same time.

He's just a substandard version of the baddie in the Scorpion King.

Thomas Doyle had agreed to leave Keighley to move to SL and agreed to leave his job which meant taking a pay cut but the deal fell through as Keighley wouldn't release him. What a shambles of a sport that someone has to take a pay cut to be able to play full time rugby. 🤣

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Thomas Doyle had agreed to leave Keighley to move to SL and agreed to leave his job which meant taking a pay cut but the deal fell through as Keighley wouldn't release him. What a shambles of a sport that someone has to take a pay cut to be able to play full time rugby. 🤣

Must need him for their big push...

Keighley Cougars are embarking on an exciting journey over the next 3 years, aiming to contest for a spot in the Super League. With clear directions from IMG and The RFL, our club will focus towards obtaining grade A status in the coming years, focusing on comprehensive development in all areas.

https://keighleycougars.uk/cougars-embark-on-img-journey

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Keighley Cougars are embarking on an exciting journey over the next 3 years, aiming to contest for a spot in the Super League. With clear directions from IMG and The RFL, our club will focus towards obtaining grade A status in the coming years, focusing on comprehensive development in all areas.

Ideally need to stay in the Championship this year.

Not sure about the Womans team, they have tried numerous times and can't get the players and with teams around them struggling to raise teams like Wakey & Bradford this week, Fax every week, and even some of the top teams, you have to wonder where they think the players will come from.
Can't wait to see the new big screen though.

15 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

We need him to try and stay up this season. I've no doubt Doyle will be SL bound next season anyway. 

18 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax due to announce a signing today. Rumour is a SL forward which might tie in to Cas trying to free up some money to bring more players in.

Edit: Alex Sutcliffe from Cas just announced.

Been dreadful this season, also a proportion of that could be down to the phenomenon known as the Last effect.

14 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

The numbers kicking around last year were Leigh offered him £55k to go full time. Keighley offered him £30k p/t and he earns about £30k from his job. 
He does need to back himself as I think he could improve a lot in a full time environment. Hindsight is a great thing but I bet he wishes he’d gone to Leigh. 

40 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

The numbers kicking around last year were Leigh offered him £55k to go full time. Keighley offered him £30k p/t and he earns about £30k from his job. 
He does need to back himself as I think he could improve a lot in a full time environment. Hindsight is a great thing but I bet he wishes he’d gone to Leigh. 

very much doubt keighley will be paying 30k

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

Keighley went big on spend at the beginning of the season. Possibly only behind Fev and Toulouse. 

If the owners are to be believed, only Fev were spending more than us. I think he quoted our wage bill at 700k

14 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

If the owners are to be believed, only Fev were spending more than us. I think he quoted our wage bill at 700k

From the results that is way over estimation on the wages paid, but wouldn't they have reduced that remarkably by Gale, Crooks and Chisholm leaving?