The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

19 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Ferries and Bulman added to the free agent list......

I'm really hoping Barrow sign Bulman. He's impressed me every game I've seen him, pretty quick and makes tough metres coming out of his own end.

As rumored Fax release Joe Arundel from the remainder of his contract. Statement put out does not paint the best picture. Unfortunatley he is not the first full time player who has struggled to adapt to Championship life after playing a full career in SL and he won't be the last. If he wants to carry on playing rugby at a decent level it sounds like a turnaround in attitude will be needed.

22 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

As rumored Fax release Joe Arundel from the remainder of his contract. Statement put out does not paint the best picture. Unfortunatley he is not the first full time player who has struggled to adapt to Championship life after playing a full career in SL and he won't be the last. If he wants to carry on playing rugby at a decent level it sounds like a turnaround in attitude will be needed.

Wow. Normally in situations like this there's just a polite message saying both parties have agreed to move on and thanking the player for his service. I wonder what's prompted the ambiguous-but-not-really-ambiguous comments in that statement?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Wow. Normally in situations like this there's just a polite message saying both parties have agreed to move on and thanking the player for his service. I wonder what's prompted the ambiguous-but-not-really-ambiguous comments in that statement?

Jacob Ogden contract at York ripped up , playing in the World Cup for Jamaica does not cut it I'm afraid , on the plus side with Ogden gone winger AJ Towse could have a centre who passes the ball to him from time to time.

Swinton signed a few over the last week, Olds who played for Wales in the World Cup, Harrop from Salford and Romeo from Australia. 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes it was a bit harsh , I think Grix likes a certain type of player,( doesn’t seem to be a fan of luxury players)he made similar comments about springer yet he’s gone on to play well for other clubs .

Highly rated back Ollie Pratt signs for trinity for 3 years. Excellent signing and this lad can easily become a star in superleague over next few years. Much like Murphy he has excelled at academy level. 

Very glad trinity are promoting some of the quality young lads we have developed. The conveyor belt at trinity has been very very good lately.

15 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Grix certainly doesnt mince his words but it spoke volumes when he could not get his place back from Ben Tibbs and I imagine the decision had been coming from as far back as then. 

16 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Extremely unproffesional from the Blue Sox

15 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

Yes it was a bit harsh , I think Grix likes a certain type of player,( doesn’t seem to be a fan of luxury players)he made similar comments about springer yet he’s gone on to play well for other clubs .

Springer looked great for us at the end of last season. Very happy he's signed for this season as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockingchair said:

I mean fatford bulls were probably the most unprofessional team ever to grace the championship last year but ok .

Funny thing is I would have said that Arundel is a perfect fit for Bradford on how they did things last season but it does seem like they are looking to turn things around so maybe not for the coming season. Maybe they will see Arundel as someone who can help them in their big push for SL this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Funny thing is I would have said that Arundel is a perfect fit for Bradford on how they did things last season but it does seem like they are looking to turn things around so maybe not for the coming season. Maybe they will see Arundel as someone who can help them in their big push for SL this season.

Yes I agree and good luck to them and him , a competitive Bradford is always good for us and the sport in general, they’ve signed some decent players some come with risks attached but I guess that applies to all players I guess . I thought arundal improved as the season went on but ultimately Grix sees things differently , I don’t think his statement was unprofessional he was just stating his truth as he has done about cole Oakley. I think our squad is at 24 now and suspect given what our board and Grix have said there’ll be a couple of new additions in the new year .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Does our lack of professionalism last year mean the Blue Sox cant be unprofessional as well .   Is that how things work.??

Fax weren’t unprofessional, that’s your  opinion, Grix has a very direct communication style , all he said was Arundel hadn’t reached the heights expected as an ex superleague player and had struggled to adapt from full time to part time rugby , and that basically he hadn’t reached the standards expected enough on a consistent basis. I suspect that applies to many fax players who have left in the last couple of seasons, rightly or wrongly, springer , Morris, arundal , Martin , aston , even a couple of seasons ago Grix called salty out on his efforts and he went on to win player of the season, it’s grixs’ style , he gives the players a chance to redeem prove themselves and expect ms a reaction , walmsey n jouffret at the beginning of last season were dropped and come back firing , Grix demands high standards , that’s not unprofessional.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 23/12/2022 at 21:59, Phil W said:

Swinton have also just announced Josh Eaves who had signed for Whitehaven after leaving Thunder. 

Looks like tough times for Whitehaven at the moment unfortunately.

The release was a revised work commitments clashing with training issue