RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

11 minutes ago, Leonard said:

What were the prices for Wembley in 2013 - for comparison?

After discounts we paid £15 each for seats near the front of the upper tier around the 20m line at Wembley. 

The equivalent seats at Arsenal are listed at £55, but if you look carefully in the Cat E drop down you can select blocks 92/93/132/133 and get £55 tickets for £30. Hopefully that's to fill the stand facing thr cameras. 

Still double the price of 2013 after discounts. 

18 minutes ago, Damien said:

What do you mean by nothing around it? There's a huge retail park next to it and a variety of food places 2 minutes walk plus there was a fan village next door.

While I agree with your point about the retail park, I'd argue you wouldn't know the fan village existed if you were coming for the first time, and I'm a Wigan fan.

I would say though that Wigan was voted the best football away day one year (mainly due to the masses of pubs within close-ish proximity of the station I'd imagine), so it can't be all bad (although a bit useless if you're driving admittedly!).

17 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Fair enough, I missed the fan village. I was in the north stand so maybe it was at the other end? What did they have in there? 

Also by nothing around … I guess the whole place just felt tired and uninspiring. Maybe my event expectations are too high, but if I compare it to pretty much any other sporting event I’ve been to this year it’s nowhere near.

In fairness you were at the opposite end of wherever everything is, I'm not sure where you parked but I can definitely see why you'd see basically a Greene King pub, Pizza Hut and cinema essentially and think the experience was ######!

4 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

In fairness you were at the opposite end of wherever everything is, I'm not sure where you parked but I can definitely see why you'd see basically a Greene King pub, Pizza Hut and cinema essentially and think the experience was ######!

I've found that at all the grounds. Unless you do a whole lap you have no idea anything is happening, that's if they have bothered. We walked past the Fitness First gym(?) and saw nowt. 

Signage would have been helpful at them all. 

Edited by Dave T

32 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I can't remember but I've never paid more than £45 for an RL ticket until this comp so it can't have been that expensive.

I don't begrudge paying £85 for an RLWC final. I think they've got the pricing about right there - except for offering nothing for OAPs, which seems a bit poor.

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ive just looked and it was £94 return from Brighouse to Kings x

I would just say that I find it over-familiar of you to sign off your posts with a x.

• Haha 2

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

19 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

Parked near some houses and walked in from north stand end, walked past a ‘ninja warrior uk’ place 😂

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

35 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Fair enough, I missed the fan village. I was in the north stand so maybe it was at the other end? What did they have in there? 

Also by nothing around … I guess the whole place just felt tired and uninspiring. Maybe my event expectations are too high, but if I compare it to pretty much any other sporting event I’ve been to this year it’s nowhere near.

No idea what was in the Fan Village. I went to Costa at the adjacent retail park. Fairly sure there was a Gregg's as well. An Asda not far away where you could pick up snacks and things and probably has a cafe.

Also ended up in Pizza Hut after the game but that's more to do with the time it would have taken t of get off the car park.

Take your point though in that's probably nothing over and above a normal Wigan game.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

40 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Also by nothing around … I guess the whole place just felt tired and uninspiring.

To be fair to the organisers, they did advertise it as being in Wigan so surely that’s what people paid for? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

To be fair to the organisers, they did advertise it as being in Wigan so surely that’s what people paid for? 🤣🤣🤣

Fair point 😂😂

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

50 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I can’t remember what we paid but it was far from expensive. We were walking around the outside of Wembley when my wife spotted a sign pointing to Club Wembley. Don’t worry I told her we won’t be in there. Lo and behold we were in Club Wembley seats. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

I can’t remember what we paid but it was far from expensive. We were walking around the outside of Wembley when my wife spotted a sign pointing to Club Wembley. Don’t worry I told her we won’t be in there. Lo and behold we were in Club Wembley seats. 

IIRC it was one of the first times RL had access to CW to sell them and we sold by tier, filling it. It looked really good, as empty CW seats had become a bit of an issue at RL finals. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leonard said:

It's not easy counting the empty seats in the Copperbox with those coloured seats.

Child's play in comparison to your next challenge.

I think we're getting a decent turnout for this afternoon's QF. But just in case we aren't, how good are you at estimating the ratio of unused terrace space to bodies present?

6 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Child's play in comparison to your next challenge.

I think we're getting a decent turnout for this afternoon's QF. But just in case we aren't, how good are you at estimating the ratio of unused terrace space to bodies present?

Depends on the average body mass. Which could be quite high in Warrington.

3 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

It's not packed out but does look much better in these size grounds. Let's never put quarter finals in 25k seater grounds again. 

In the South stand it feels packed, you couldn't get anymore in that's for sure.