1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • Greece by 1 to 6 points
    • Greece by 7 to 12 points
    • Greece by 13 points or more.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/22 at 19:00

Nice article on the struggles Greek RL has faced:

They played matches at midnight and in secret in the Athens mountains to avoid detection by police - Greece's journey to their first Rugby League World Cup was anything but straightforward.

It was only in August, almost three years after Greece qualified, that the Greek Rugby League Federation (GRLF) was recognised by the country's government as the independent governing body for rugby league there.

Before then, the team had been banned from playing matches on home soil for several years.

"One day they'll probably write a book about us," says captain Jordan Meads.

"It's been one heck of a journey, but we wouldn't have it any other way, and we take our hats off to other emerging nations that had to join us on that journey.

"We're a few months down the track of having rugby league as a legal entity within the country and, for us, we're keen to shed that victim mentality and see rugby league develop in a country that we know will respond really well to a sport like this."

Rugby League World Cup: Greece's incredible journey to World Cup debut - BBC Sport

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting game. Looking forward. 

La liste des 19 joueurs :
1. Morgan ESCARÉ

2. Arthur ROMANO

3. Samisoni LANGI

4. Matthieu LAGUERRE

5. Fouad YAHA

6. Arthur MOURGUE

7. Tony GIGOT

8. Jordan DEZARIA

9. Alrix DA COSTA

10. Lambert BELMAS

11. Benjamin JULLIEN

12. Paul SÉGUIER

13. Benjamin GARCIA

14. Eloi PELISSIER

15. Justin SANGARÉ

17. Mickaël GOUDEMAND

19. Corentin LE CAM

21. Maxime PUECH

23. César ROUGÉ

Edited by MatthewWoody
  • Like 2

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

France by a cricket score....not sure where people get the idea it will be a good game ...seen Greece love at New River and they are league 1 standard or lower unfortunately 

They have several NRL players, plus a whole bunch from Qld Cup and NSW Cup and some players from the Championship and League 1. The question mark will be over the players from the Greek league who're in the matchday 17. On paper, I would probably have them ahead of Wales or Scotland.

Also France have a track record of not adding up to the sum of their parts. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JonM said:

They have several NRL players, plus a whole bunch from Qld Cup and NSW Cup and some players from the Championship and League 1. The question mark will be over the players from the Greek league who're in the matchday 17. On paper, I would probably have them ahead of Wales or Scotland.

Also France have a track record of not adding up to the sum of their parts. 

Yes - I would have Greece as a bit of a poor man's Italy and Italy were very decent. Will be a tough game.

Nowt against Greece at all, good luck to em, but I'd really like to see France do well in this competition. Some convincing performances and a quarterfinal place at least.

Important for the 2025 hosts to show up well.

They have an excellent assistant coach and obviously must be saving Gadwin Springer for the England match.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Nowt against Greece at all, good luck to em, but I'd really like to see France do well in this competition. Some convincing performances and a quarterfinal place at least.

Important for the 2025 hosts to show up well.

They have an excellent assistant coach and obviously must be saving Gadwin Springer for the England match.

Yes. I'm looking forward to this, I think France need to start building up momentum and getting more games against nations other than England. They need to be seen as a nation that wins games, and wins them well, it's a bit boring if their fans always juts see a plucky performance against Eng or NZ. 

That said, in the interests of supporting underdogs, I also hope Greece give a good account of themselves. 

Hope Robinson is in Gigot's face telling him to play for the team and not bring out the round the man flick passes through the legs if France take the lead. With a sensible gameplan that team will win.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

40 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Hope Robinson is in Gigot's face telling him to play for the team and not bring out the round the man flick passes through the legs if France take the lead. With a sensible gameplan that team will win.

If the rumours are true, I hope everyone is very gentle with Gigot and he's not hurt.