2023 Summer Bash is going to be...

8 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

The NRL Magic Weekend is at the home of Brisbane Broncos, and has been for the last 4 years. They cope ok.

Why must NRL ideas be followed by the RFL?

This inherently unfair decision has not yet been confirmed by the governing body,yet.

Could they possibly reimagine the Bash to give an advantage to one club,take it to a stadium with an 8k capacity,and,take it to a small over-crowded city,  overburdened with excessive traffic and pollution https://yorkmix.com/york-commuters-are-the-most-stressed-in-the-uk/?

Well,as it is the RFL...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree, the League system is skew-whiff enough with having an extra game to the home/away fixtures, giving one team home advantage is is just not right, I hope they are given a game that will not be to easy and where they are not expected to win.

It's almost like teams never lose at home.....

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

The NRL Magic Weekend is at the home of Brisbane Broncos, and has been for the last 4 years. They cope ok.

Who have an already manufactured draw, whereas here we are traditionalists, or that’s certainly the case in the Championship, and typically play a regular home and away season, which has now been somewhat skewed by York gaining an extra home game. 

In recent years, Toulouse and Toronto especially have meant the league has been skewed anyway, this is another example of such. 

• Like 2

Just now, JonT said:

It's almost like teams never lose at home.....

York's we're better away last season. There's no advantage to playing at home unless you're one of the teams who play on a daft pitch like Fev & Batley.

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

If Magic was going to continue and Newcastle got promoted would everyone be demanding that it got moved elsewhere? 

How many games do Newcastle Thunder play at St James’? 

Did Salford gain a major advantage from playing in a stadium near where they are based? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jughead said:

Who have an already manufactured draw, whereas here we are traditionalists, or that’s certainly the case in the Championship, and typically play a regular home and away season, which has now been somewhat skewed by York gaining an extra home game. 

In recent years, Toulouse and Toronto especially have meant the league has been skewed anyway, this is another example of such. 

That's why we have play-offs. It's all good.

• Like 2

Just now, Simon Hall said:

York's we're better away last season. There's no advantage to playing at home unless you're one of the teams who play on a daft pitch like Fev & Batley.

There is though. Most teams have a better home record than away. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

That's why we have play-offs. It's all good.

I get why we have play offs but on the same basis we should have play offs to get in the playoffs and for relegation. Which way you look at it it’s just wrong

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Even in the six nations (I have just googled) home advantage is only 4.7 points statistically, and that is with teams roared on my huge partisan crowds. Home advantage in championship rugby league will probably be much smaller as that crowd advantage isn’t there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Even in the six nations (I have just googled) home advantage is only 4.7 points statistically, and that is with teams roared on my huge partisan crowds. Home advantage in championship rugby league will probably be much smaller as that crowd advantage isn’t there. 

24 minutes ago, Jughead said:

How many games do Newcastle Thunder play at St James’? 

Did Salford gain a major advantage from playing in a stadium near where they are based? 

Hi mate, rather than daft emojis, any answers?

Picture the scene in RFL HQ, on a wet day in Manchester:

“You know that event we moved from a seaside town that made it a day out for people, and got a poor attendance?”

”Yes?”

”I’ve had an idea, let’s move it back to… “

“Let me stop you there. Don’t worry, I’ve already sorted it, we’ll just stick it in a smaller ground to match the poor attendance we’ve managed to reduce it to”

”You sure that’s the right plan, we don’t want to consider…er….”

”Yes, definitely, let’s get on with it”

👏😳🙄😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

“You know that event we moved from a seaside town that made it a day out for people, and got a poor attendance?”

”Yes?”

“Let me stop you there. Don’t worry, I’ve already sorted it, we’ll just stick it in a smaller ground to match the poor attendance we’ve managed to reduce it to”

👏😳🙄😂

“A smaller ground with a home team in that division…”

In fact it sounds very similar to the conversation that must have taken place when they moved the Northern Rail Cup Final from Blackpool to Halifax 

3 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

”Yes?”

👏😳🙄😂

Was that these two fellows:-

Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell serve as co-CEOs with IMG.

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Was that these two fellows:-

Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell serve as co-CEOs with IMG.

Yeah, I'm sure IMG think it's a great idea 🙄🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?