Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

15 minutes ago, binosh said:

Your one of the worst for sticking the boot into Leigh and considering the state of your club you should pipe down with embarrassment. Worst team to be in the championship since Chorley Lynx.

But they have just released a really good kit with no sign of a cats anus 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, John Drake said:

The latest locked thread (that's right, the latest one, in a seemingly never-ending series) was locked because it had drifted off topic into yet another oh-so-hilarious 'discussion' about Leigh, rather than the actual subject of the thread which was '2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers' - that means all of 'em, not just one club. 

It's worth remembering that when you look back at locked threads on here to find evidence of why they were locked, that a lot of the stuff that caused it to be locked will have been removed already in vain attempts to keep them open in the first place, before we as moderators eventually wave the white flag and give up.

Juts because you don't see people slagging each other off, doesn't mean they weren't slagging each other off before we intervened.

Then, when we do lock a thread, usually in despair, we get people moaning 'why can't we discuss x, y or zed on here' when the forum has been doing very little else but discuss x, y or zed till the cows (or in this case leopards) come home.

Imagine being stuck in a pub surrounded by people who want to repeat the same joke over and over and over again, and still think it's hilarious even when you've heard it a thousand times, until you eventually crack and beg them to stop for the sake of your sanity.

That's what being a moderator on here is like. 

Why not just have 1 thread for the 'Leigh re-brand' and leave it open, it's a huge topic currently in the game so naturally people are going to want to discuss it, seems a bit dictatorlike to decide that no-one is allowed to talk about it.

12 hours ago, John Drake said:

If it was your club, you might feel quite differently about other people doing it constantly though.

That's the way this stuff works.

We're all passionate about our own clubs, home towns, etc. We might mock them occasionally ourselves but will still get defensive about them when others have a go and perhaps don't know when to stop.

John, i'm a Huddersfield fan, i've had 20 years of people pulling my club down, slagging it off, taking the mick etc but i don't get threads locked because of it, maybe i should start abusing then reporting people who do this and see if i get the same benefits.

• Like 3

The 'poking fun at' is probably because of Derek Beaumont and it all being his idea and his love of big pussycats. Not sure if Halifax Panthers got the same  sort of attention when they rebranded from being the 'Blue Sox', although I doubt it very much. It does look daft yeah, but as long as we don't get relegated after one season, who cares. p.s. No I'm not buying any merch 😀

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

I actually like our Leigh posters, I disagree with many things that GUBRATS and Harry post, but I enjoy debating and discussing with them. 

To be fair I don't disagree... but I can absolutely see how people do. 

I've spoken off main threads with both happily about life and challenges and I would love a chance to meet them both properly and have a beer..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

John, i'm a Huddersfield fan, i've had 20 years of people pulling my club down, slagging it off, taking the mick etc but i don't get threads locked because of it, maybe i should start abusing then reporting people who do this and see if i get the same benefits.

I'm an eagles fan... shall we have a "chat" 🤣😚😋

Edited by RP London

29 minutes ago, Zilla Budgie said:

The 'poking fun at' is probably because of Derek Beaumont and it all being his idea and his love of big pussycats. Not sure if Halifax Panthers got the same  sort of attention when they rebranded from being the 'Blue Sox', although I doubt it very much. It does look daft yeah, but as long as we don't get relegated after one season, who cares. p.s. No I'm not buying any merch 😀

Totally agree.. its the stuff around it.. Halifax was strange and got some questions on here, just as the leopards would.. but let's see how it works, rhinos weirdly works and it really shouldn't so I think most people would be open to that change and aee how they make it work.

The key is this, and I cannot stress this enough, and I am also really shocked it has to be laid out like this: The original shirt when launched had a ###### anus on the back... and the whole branding had no, erm, brand behind it (website, twitter, Facebook changes etc).. 

Oh and it is only arguably a leopard, and that argument is carrying on. Oh and we are on the, what number now, launch of the kit and brand guidelines?

That is the issue and surely anyone who supports the club can see where the issue is and it isn't random supporters of other teams on an Internet forum, it really isn't...  

• Like 3

People can take the P*** out of me anytime. Its a forum FFS and as long as things don't get too out of hand then who cares ?

Us Leythers are thick skinned but are not spotty, but as long as we have a good SL season, not get relegated and start packing the terraces again and contribute to SL instead of becoming everyone's enemy then that will do for me.

Leighs survival is the first sign of RL 'Growing'.  It a huge season in 2023, and even though our Degsy is unique in many ways, NO -ONE, can criticize his love for the game in general or for what he wants to achieve with his local club.

Time to move on and crack on. Its still Leigh in my eyes. Some moniker at the end of it means nothing to me and lets not forget, the first 'Warriors' team in the RFL was Whitehaven, not the crustmunchers which would have been a far more apt name. 

Onwards and upwards and lets look forward to the season. There will be no easy 2 points thats for sure !!

Edited by Snowys Backside
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Any more evidence needed of where the "problems" on these threads come from?

It’s like some people conveniently forget what they themselves have written in these boards. Happy to dish it out but never to receive.

10 hours ago, daz39 said:

No idea what you mean....🙄

Your a huddersfield fan, im an eagles fan... people pulling the club down etc ie shuddersfield.. we could have a chat, have a lot in common. 

I am just pleased and relieved that I never,ever,get accused of having anything against Leigh and their modest supporters.

I just hope IMG continue to look after them,and whoever it was who decided they deserved Super League on the previous occasion.

I now discover little Leigh Leopards have gone global,and back in time,and  certainly That Don't Impress Me Much.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8

• Sad 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

50 minutes ago, RP London said:

Your a huddersfield fan, im an eagles fan... people pulling the club down etc ie shuddersfield.. we could have a chat, have a lot in common. 

Yes i was being sarcastic, we try and forget that couple of years:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I thought it was made by AB sunkits YTS designer, didn't realise a proper company had actually done it!!

Feels like it wasn't one of those ones where the manufacturer gives the club 3 designs to choose from, more Leigh dictated to them what they wanted. They don't want to shout from the rooftops if they're understandably not keen on it. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

23 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Yes i was being sarcastic, we try and forget that couple of years:)

Oh sorry, wasn't sure, never easy to pinpoint when you can't get the tone of voice.. 

• Like 1