Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

11 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

You seem very confused over whom a clubs target market is and how the reaction should be measured - I wish you well in overcoming your problems, I really do

No need for personal attacks.

I’m not confused, and I have no problems, i mean, I don’t have to watch my team run around in that kit next year 😉

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Another day, another tweet:

“My captors do not demand a ransom and are looking after me and providing me with water and food. They have provided this statement…Leigh Leopards jersey is definitely a leopard and not a jaguar”

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

You seem very confused over whom a clubs target market is and how the reaction should be measured - I wish you well in overcoming your problems, I really do

To be fair he does have a point in the fact that anyone saying the rebrand worked because of ST and sponsorship are potentially missing the point that Super League and a good squad would have an effect. You cannot tell whether the rebrand has encouraged more, actually put people off or done nothing at all to change those sales. 

Its why when companies change colours etc on websites they have different test sites that send people randomly on the same day/time to sites with different designs/colours to see the actual difference it makes. It happens at the same time to make sure any outside influences are the same (as much as is possible). There is a great story in my industry of a company that changed their packaging to red (for some reason) and their sales in Japan flew. They put it down to the change in packaging, they did case studies and talks about it until someone pointed out that the week before the sales took off there had been an article written in a magazine by an influencer about the product that they had tried and loved, the photo was of the old packaging too.. it had nothing to do with the colour change at all. 

I'm not coming down either way on it, I quite like the change of name (centurions was a bit clunky) I dont mind the idea of the badge but think it could be better (i think the same of the eagles badge too), the shirt is terrible but loads of Leigh fans think the same. There were some brilliant positives announced but it was overshadowed by the poor execution of the launch (things not being ready, the changes made quite quickly form the original launch etc) and the shirt IMHO.

I hope it works... but I dont think you can put the improved sales at the door of the rebrand when you are coming back into super league which would also definitely have had an effect. 

• Like 1

On todays episode of “Derek Beaumonts social media” Derek can be found complimenting Featherstone on the signing of Caleb Aekins. 

This will be shortly followed up with Serious About Rugby League releasing an article about “what Derek really thinks of Featherstone”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, binosh said:

On todays episode of “Derek Beaumonts social media” Derek can be found complimenting Featherstone on the signing of Caleb Aekins. 

This will be shortly followed up with Serious About Rugby League releasing an article about “what Derek really thinks of Featherstone”

This very site beat them to it https://www.totalrl.com/leigh-leopards-owner-derek-beaumont-genuinely-hopes-championship-side-gets-promoted-to-super-league/

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Damien said:

It must be easy being a RL journalist, just wait for Beaumont to tweet then create an article around it.

It's sad to see League Express / Total RL journalism reduced to creating articles making a story of relatively mundane tweets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RP London said:

To be fair he does have a point in the fact that anyone saying the rebrand worked because of ST and sponsorship are potentially missing the point that Super League and a good squad would have an effect. You cannot tell whether the rebrand has encouraged more, actually put people off or done nothing at all to change those sales. 

Its why when companies change colours etc on websites they have different test sites that send people randomly on the same day/time to sites with different designs/colours to see the actual difference it makes. It happens at the same time to make sure any outside influences are the same (as much as is possible). There is a great story in my industry of a company that changed their packaging to red (for some reason) and their sales in Japan flew. They put it down to the change in packaging, they did case studies and talks about it until someone pointed out that the week before the sales took off there had been an article written in a magazine by an influencer about the product that they had tried and loved, the photo was of the old packaging too.. it had nothing to do with the colour change at all. 

I'm not coming down either way on it, I quite like the change of name (centurions was a bit clunky) I dont mind the idea of the badge but think it could be better (i think the same of the eagles badge too), the shirt is terrible but loads of Leigh fans think the same. There were some brilliant positives announced but it was overshadowed by the poor execution of the launch (things not being ready, the changes made quite quickly form the original launch etc) and the shirt IMHO.

I hope it works... but I dont think you can put the improved sales at the door of the rebrand when you are coming back into super league which would also definitely have had an effect. 

Comparing apples with pears is not recommended but comparisons to 2017 are, and that was in better financial climes and outside the reported 30% average drop in ST sales YTD for SL clubs 2022 v 2021.

Our market is very specific, 10m radius max - we may add a few outside a 10 mile radius with historic connections, but it wouldn't be worth the investment to target them - and non Leigh fans/RL fans within that have heard of the Leopards and many are talking about it. ie it has been a success as measured by sales/income against 2017

15 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Comparing apples with pears is not recommended but comparisons to 2017 are, and that was in better financial climes and outside the reported 30% average drop in ST sales YTD for SL clubs 2022 v 2021.

Our market is very specific, 10m radius max - we may add a few outside a 10 mile radius with historic connections, but it wouldn't be worth the investment to target them - and non Leigh fans/RL fans within that have heard of the Leopards and many are talking about it. ie it has been a success as measured by sales/income against 2017

Is that in numbers or in £s if in £s is it taking into account inflation... either way its great no matter the reason.

the point being though, it doesnt mean its down to the rebrand.. the rebrand could actually still have cost sales as they will be affected potentially by positives from the world cup, the quality of the squad etc etc it is not 1 thing in isolation it is many combined and that includes negative stuff that brings part of it down etc. Thats the bit I was getting at..  and why looking critically at the impact is important.. good and bad DB could say (i assume he wont as someone with a business) brilliant look we're up everything i am doing is working, where as actually there has to be some reflection of "could it have been even better if i hadnt done xyz or if the rebrand had been more professional etc".. and the answer maybe no, it had only positive effects.. but the question still has to be asked.

The positive news is still great though, dont get me wrong.

The article which made out DB was ballooning about Wigan was based of 1 daft tweet in response to a Wigan fan taking a shot at him!

Next thing, its quoted next to a picture of his head and pasted all over socials as if he's rang the press to say it. Almost as bad as those Tommy Shelby memes.

He's winning me over Beaumont. Hes just a big, daft lad ain't he.

Fair play to him, hope he ruffles some feathers at the top table.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim Streets tache said:

The article which made out DB was ballooning about Wigan was based of 1 daft tweet in response to a Wigan fan taking a shot at him!

Next thing, its quoted next to a picture of his head and pasted all over socials as if he's rang the press to say it. Almost as bad as those Tommy Shelby memes.

Of course he is, but most importantly, his heart is in the right place and he absolutely loves the game we all support.

There is no right and wrong and in the sporting world, we all love a bit of controversy. Derek deserves his stick,  but the things outside of work and rugby need to be applauded. Not one Chairman in our game is as charitable and as generous as Derek.

The thousands he gave to Kevin Sinfield come to mind and he uses our game as a great platform for his charitable work.

Wouldnt surprise me if he dressed up as Lobby the Leopard in the first televised game rat legged on Merlot just to wind a few more up too !😉🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

It's sad to see League Express / Total RL journalism reduced to creating articles making a story of relatively mundane tweets.

It's hard to see which is the more banal and useless that or SARL making up stories from agents' notebooks and showmethemoney slimy attempts to increase the percentage.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

48 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Of course he is, but most importantly, his heart is in the right place and he absolutely loves the game we all support.

There is no right and wrong and in the sporting world, we all love a bit of controversy. Derek deserves his stick,  but the things outside of work and rugby need to be applauded. Not one Chairman in our game is as charitable and as generous as Derek.

The thousands he gave to Kevin Sinfield come to mind and he uses our game as a great platform for his charitable work.

Wouldnt surprise me if he dressed up as Lobby the Leopard in the first televised game rat legged on Merlot just to wind a few more up too !😉🤣

Me and a couple of mates have said this too.

Fingers crossed eh! 🤣

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

I think he has asked Marwan to do it 🤣

• Haha 1

Here we go again .....

22 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

No you’re right the rebranding has been executed really well, honest.

Im glad sponsors and ST sales are going well - this could be the SL effect and on the back of a decent looking squad though and not down to the rebrand. 

the whole RL community including the pans have been taking the mickey.

Best of luck for the new season, and I honestly mean that.

Agreed.....Leigh are doing good things and have plenty going for them 

Quite frankly if that barmy mofo Derek wanted to come and do the same at Broncos I'd take it 

3 hours ago, Tim Streets tache said:

With a huge heart for those dealt a bad card.

• Like 2