2023 New Kits - Part 2

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

I prefer the one with the yellow V 😉😁

Fair play. It was a good looking shirt. Times change though and new shirts need selling eh? I'm always glad of a simple design in keeping with the clubs tradition. I hated it when we took on the ridiculous name of the Lakers for a couple of years and changed the clubs identity and colours. Achieved nothing and alienated plenty.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

Fair play. It was a good looking shirt. Times change though and new shirts need selling eh? I'm always glad of a simple design in keeping with the clubs tradition. I hated it when we took on the ridiculous name of the Lakers for a couple of years and changed the clubs identity and colours. Achieved nothing and alienated plenty.

Agree , stupid Americanised names are naff , a good African one though 👍😉😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

FFS. They've not played in it yet!

It's the banner on the website. It'll be updated when action shots of the new season become available. Just how the internet works sadly. We try our best.

Are you involved with the club? If so how do you rate your chances this season? 

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The Leigh kit looks worse in the flesh - sponsor is totally illegible as are the names and numbers!

However I will say the Leigh fans seem to have bought into the idea but its not a flattering design 😉

Names and numbers should be able to be seen. for those who are partially sighted at the very least. The RFL/SL should make sure that happens.

8 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

He's hardly going to say otherwise considering this is his boss' pet project, i doubt anyone within the Leigh club would dare to criticise anything, Mr Beaumont has already shown on Social Media he can't handle any negative comments so i would highly doubt he would accept it off his staff. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

spacer.png

not sure who thought red was the best colour for the numbers, maybe they need to go for black?

Was it Wigan, when they were champions, had gold numbers on their kit you couldn't see?

Little things that get missed, but the letters use to be so much bigger, or it's just my eyes!

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

He's hardly going to say otherwise considering this is his boss' pet project, i doubt anyone within the Leigh club would dare to criticise anything, Mr Beaumont has already shown on Social Media he can't handle any negative comments so i would highly doubt he would accept it off his staff. 

Or I'll just make anything up to have a pop at Leigh today 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Or I'll just make anything up to have a pop at Leigh today 

Well am i wrong?

Who is going to say an idea by their boss is c r a p if they think it is, in public?

He may tell things differently in private or he may genuinely like it i don't know, and take your paranoid head off it wasn't a 'pop at Leigh' it applies to anyone anywhere in any job.

Edited by daz39
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Huddersfield and Wakefield are the best pairings IMO.

Yes, they’re decent.

I like too the Castleford alternate tribute to their 1986 Challenge Cup final kit.

I grew up in a non rugby league area in a family with a small link to St Helens so those 1980s Challenge Cup finals were a big deal for me in cementing my own interest.

It's strangely quiet on the England front with Oxen. 

Are we assuming the RLWC kit is being used in the April matches? 

I expect a new training range between now and then.  

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

3 minutes ago, jacobus said:

I will eat my hat if that is the case. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

The main thing I don't like about the Leigh shirt is the picture of a leopard/jaguar. If it was just leopard print, whilst still being "out there", it would at least be passable. It's just a mishmash. They've got all leopard print on the back as a lesson learnt from the jaguar's bum incident; they should have extended that to the front. Then the red trim too, it's just a weird contrast to a monochrome kit. Let's not even mention the fact you can't see the sponsors, which ironically camouflage into the camouflage!

It's got people talking. But that talk is mostly negative!

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, jacobus said:

There'll be at least 2 training ranges before then. We'll have had more training ranges than training days. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The main thing I don't like about the Leigh shirt is the picture of a leopard/jaguar. If it was just leopard print, whilst still being "out there", it would at least be passable. It's just a mishmash. They've got all leopard print on the back as a lesson learnt from the jaguar's bum incident; they should have extended that to the front. Then the red trim too, it's just a weird contrast to a monochrome kit. Let's not even mention the fact you can't see the sponsors, which ironically camouflage into the camouflage!

It's got people talking. But that talk is mostly negative!

The only thing I don't like is that they removed the Lopard's a*** from the back. Don't give in to the critics!

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?