Kit Clashes

unfortunately Its not like Castleford have a 3rd kit that wouldnt clash... oh hang onspacer.png

Also its Oxen.. they could just have designed a special versus Hull kit.. they'd have liked the opportunity surely. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Kits are pre allocated by the RFL. https://www.instagram.com/p/CoraN8GopAC/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

As can be seen in the linked post they have been done for the opening 10 rounds of the Super League season.

It appears that there is, and has been for a decade at least, an insistence on wearing "away kits" as the first choice when away from home. In our case at Leeds for example that means the Rhinos and Castleford don't usually play eachother in their "home" colours in the regular season, despite there being usually no clash at all. This is the opposite to football for example, where you wear your home kit by default unless you can't, and even then, sometimes its just socks or shorts that are changed.

Totally agree with, and I believe I've commented on it before, that between your away kit(s) you should have an option that is so different it can be used against your home shirt. Add to that "The Hull FC conundrum", then every team should have a light shaded colour based jersey as an option, just in case.

I wouldn't mind the away kit insistence rule if the sport had a consistent set of away colours for clubs. These don't have to be your traditional reverse colours away kits or green and red wire colours for example, but Pink say for Leeds is a clear distinguishing colour that could be a standard away design that has only been used since 2011.

It would have helped if the cas shirt didn't have an entirely white back, if the colours continued all the way around.

Now if you're a guy at the rfl, who's just got a template, with the front on, you'd assume that was the case, using common sense.

Thats probably what's happened here 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

It would have helped if the cas shirt didn't have an entirely white back, if the colours continued all the way around.

Now if you're a guy at the rfl, who's just got a template, with the front on, you'd assume that was the case, using common sense.

Although I think this is the mountain and the molehill, since the advent of the change kit rather than the away kit and added to the fact that the clubs make their own arrangements and hold thier own discussions with kit suppliers there was always a chance kits might clash.

The template argument doesn't have alot of traction though because they'll look fine in the pictures and I also doubt the RFL run to a Manager of kit checking and clash possibilities.

Although I sus[pect that may have been tongue in cheek, I know I would.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 hours ago, Madrileño said:

The Hull Castleford game was atrocious from a kit clash perspective. 

At one point, one of the Hull guys actually forcefully fended off his own teammate! 

Complete amateur stuff from the Super League. 

Screenshot_20230221-060458_YouTube.jpg

Seen that clip on Twitter, his change of line to hand off the "defender" stopped an otherwise certain try under the sticks

That could have changed the result, so this isn't an insignificant subject. RFL needs to sort it.  

• Like 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

20 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

The National Hockey League's approach has merit in its fail-safe simplicity.

You wear your full club colours at home, and away, your shirt is white, edged with the club colours.  So, take new York Rangers as an example.  At home, they play in blue, edged with red and white, and away, in white edged with blue and red. 

It means that, whenever you watch an NHL game, you know the away team is in white.

That's not just the NHL approach, it's the norm in all the big North American leagues and in our minor leagues too.  One thing you missed there is that every team's away uniforms are in the same colours as their home uniforms, just rearranged.  It's simple and elegant.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Padge said:

It is 100% the reponsibility that the away team has a kit that does not have similar colours as the home team. The ref should check the kits in his pre-match and make the away team change if the colours are not distinguishable.

He may think he is OK with it on the pitch, he is close up, he needs to thain of the audience.

That's what transpired at Widnes... however as both of Keighley's kit clashed with Widnes' all white kit, ref ordered Widnes to change

Personally - I would have given Keighley our black kit and made them wear that (I have done that to an amateur team once) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hopefully Dewsbury don't draw Salford at Home in the cup!

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I thought Salford had borrowed Dewsbury shirts rather than buy a second strip.

Sometimes it's like reading SARL on here, you know that's where journos spread stories like this around after doing no research or even looking at websites.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Big Picture said:

That's not just the NHL approach, it's the norm in all the big North American leagues and in our minor leagues too.  One thing you missed there is that every team's away uniforms are in the same colours as their home uniforms, just rearranged.  It's simple and elegant.

It's a hang-up from black and white TV, but I agree - a simply solution to the problem. 

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

That's what transpired at Widnes... however as both of Keighley's kit clashed with Widnes' all white kit, ref ordered Widnes to change

Personally - I would have given Keighley our black kit and made them wear that (I have done that to an amateur team once) 

just make it that if your change kit isnt enough of a change you play in skins... that should get this sorted out sharpish

In my younger playing days (amateur), the team manager had to notify the referee prior to the game, the colours we were playing in. The leagues were very strict with regard to this. I think that the influence  of TV and modern day fashions have made their mark upon the sport, for none the better, viz Leigh.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RP London said:

just make it that if your change kit isnt enough of a change you play in skins... that should get this sorted out sharpish

To be honest, just say that if the away team cannot provide a kit that does not clash with the home team's regular home shirt then they have forfeited the match.

Job done.

*After* having made them play in skins.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 hours ago, Padge said:

It is 100% the reponsibility that the away team has a kit that does not have similar colours as the home team. The ref should check the kits in his pre-match and make the away team change if the colours are not distinguishable.

He may think he is OK with it on the pitch, he is close up, he needs to thain of the audience.

That assumes that the away team bring both or, in the case of Leeds all 10, kits 

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

That assumes that the away team bring both or, in the case of Leeds all 10, kits 

To change they don't have to have a second kit with them, they get given what is available.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

I once had 2 amateur teams turn up in exactly the same blue kit with only the sponsor different.
The away team had deliberately brought their home kit (the previous week’s match between the two had been feisty by all accounts) and were upset when I made them wear it inside out as it was white on the inside

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

It would not really have helped.

It still would have been at a completely unacceptable level. Nearly every jersey these days has a solid patch on the back for the number anyway.