Attendance thread

9 hours ago, Damien said:

8120 at Leigh tonight:

Very good attendance,with the team Beaumont has assembled,the results & entertaining rugby being played you’d hope 8k+ crowds will be the norm at the LSV.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Very good attendance,with the team Beaumont has assembled,the results & entertaining rugby being played you’d hope 8k+ crowds will be the norm at the LSV.

Next up is Hull FC on a Friday week so we'd need a lot of the ' unbelievers ' from Leigh to make up for the excellent following from Wire last night , a 7K+ for that one would be a good result 

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Though that is a crowd Salford can only dream of it does surprise me it's not higher.

6 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Though that is a crowd Salford can only dream of it does surprise me it's not higher.

Takes time to build sustained crowd attendance... so a great step if Leigh can continue over the next few seasons as per this season the attendance crowd will consistently build

5 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

It doesn't happen overnight. Crowds have been excellent this year, particularly considering its £27 a ticket, and we're about 8/900 up on 2017s average so far. Im glad to see the club has committed to opening the East stand for every game, rather than just the odd big fixture so that people can start to to build the habit of filling those areas. It'll be interesting to what can be achieved with a sustained push in SL rather than having to rebuild back in the championship on 3k gates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Just over 4,200 at Huddersfield with around 50 Cas fans, with our form i actually expecting this to dip below 4,000 if i'm honest.

Incredible that Cas only took 50 fans for that short trip. 

45 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Takes time to build sustained crowd attendance... so a great step if Leigh can continue over the next few seasons as per this season the attendance crowd will consistently build

I think Leigh are the equivalent to what Castleford are but West of the Pennines. A small town but with a rich RL heritage and a passionate fan base that punch well above their weight in terms of crowds, as a percentage of the towns population.

The advantage Leigh have though is that they play in a modern facility and have a generous backer. Of course Cas own their ground which, if they can ever make the redevelopment happen, will be a real plus for them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I think Leigh are the equivalent to what Castleford are but West of the Pennines. A small town but with a rich RL heritage and a passionate fan base that punch well above their weight in terms of crowds, as a percentage of the towns population.

The advantage Leigh have though is that they play in a modern facility and have a generous backer. Of course Cas own their ground which, if they can ever make the redevelopment happen, will be a real plus for them.

I think that is a fair reflection of where we're looking short/medium term. I did say to someone I was with at the match last night there were almost Powell era Cas vibes around the club in terms of our on field results and crowds. Maybe not 2017 Cas quite yet, but the years either side where they were upper mid table and mixing it with the top clubs

NZ Warriors drew over 16k in non Super Rugby town Napier. Not bad for a city with a population of 65k.

Should quieten a few of the “no one cares about RL outside of Auckland” crowd, for a little while at least.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Damien said:

A great sell out crowd of 15,600 in Napier for the Warriors v Brisbane Broncos game there.  A great atmosphere too.

Ahhh, as it seems has already been mentioned. It was bouncing. Shame they couldn’t pull off a win for the locals.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Incredible that Cas only took 50 fans for that short trip. 

Yep, and still outnumbered us probably*

To be fair i probably exaggerated, it was probably more like 90.

*Using the usual away fans calculator at Huddersfield.

Edited by daz39

13 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Dear me , that is poor , for what is a 30 minute drive away 

Their home game against Hull in the cup was very poor there looked to be more from Hull. Having said that the c@$ fans are usually a loyal bunch and travel in numbers and good home attendances but there's only so much they will stand especially when money is tight.

Edited by Fevrover

9 minutes ago, Phil W said:

RFL have played a blinder here as York seem to never report attendances!

Every club had some fans London more then i expected but let's be fair it's a LONG WAY for all teams today except York and Featherstone. I think the Bash as had its day in the Sun.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Every club had some fans London more then i expected but let's be fair it's a LONG WAY for all teams today except York and Featherstone. I think the Bash as had its day in the Sun.

Blackpool was not just round the corner either Rover for many clubs but it seemed to have had more attraction than York does in these cost conscious days, for many fans it was far more cost effective being in Blackpool for food, drink and even overnight stays should that be chosen than the norm of vastly overpriced city venues, and the Blackpool stadium was relatively town centre as opposed to the 2.5 miles to Yorks LNER stadium from the city centre.

• Like 2

Really happy with the progress we are making at Leigh with the crowds and matchday experience, a few of my mates and their young lads have been coming to games for the first time ever because of the buzz around town and loving it, they are big football fans and have never followed RL but they have got the bug big time.

Jeremiah Ferrari were exceptional on Friday and the whole ground singing Bob Marley’s 3 little birds was just unreal! The place was electric and if it carries on like that which it looks like it will I can see record membership sales next year.

Credit to Derek and his vision, I too had my doubts pre season after many failed SL campaigns but Wow what a season so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Blackpool was not just round the corner either Rover for many clubs but it seemed to have had more attraction than York does in these cost conscious days, for many fans it was far more cost effective being in Blackpool for food, drink and even overnight stays should that be chosen than the norm of vastly overpriced city venues, and the Blackpool stadium was relatively town centre as opposed to the 2.5 miles to Yorks LNER stadium from the city centre.

Correct.

On 27/05/2023 at 16:06, Sports Prophet said:

Ahhh, as it seems has already been mentioned. It was bouncing. Shame they couldn’t pull off a win for the locals.

Bouncing is kind of what some of the fans were doing.

• Sad 1