How far do you live in terms of miles and travel time from your team's homeground?

• Bedfordshire Bronco changed the title to How far do you live in terms of miles and travel time your team's homeground?

18 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Well?

I am now about 30 plus miles and welp over an hour away Broncos....always jealous of those that live close by 

Do many of the RL owned stadia get used apart from games? Do you go?

33 miles, and takes an hour or so subject to M62 traffic. Recently it's been taking 90 mins on game day.

I have been to a handful of non-gameday events,but not for some time. That's ultimately due to nothing appealing to me, rather than distance.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• Bedfordshire Bronco changed the title to How far do you live in terms of miles and travel time from your team's homeground?
Just now, gazza77 said:

33 miles, and takes an hour or so subject to M62 traffic. Recently it's been taking 90 mins on game day.

I have been to a handful of non-gameday events,but not for some time. That's ultimately due to nothing appealing to me, rather than distance.

90 minutes is a fair shift....M62 I never hit really much ....always up the M1 and M6 if I go up north 

From Stade Gilbert Brutus, 893 miles, taking 14 hours 25 minutes, according to AA route planner - not sure how much time, if any, that allows at the border!

This may be why I am essentially an armchair fan of theirs, though  did see them beat Warrington at Wembley.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

90 minutes is a fair shift....M62 I never hit really much ....always up the M1 and M6 if I go up north 

Perpetual roadworks at the moment. Hopefully it will get back to being nearer an hour before too long.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

10 minutes ago, distantdog said:

90 miles approximately, 1hr 30 mins down the A1 to watch Batley, and every minute of that journey is worth it. Saying that, I am delighted that we are playing Newcastle this weekend so the 15 minute drive will be a relief!

A very appropriate moniker Distantdog 😉 , will you be attending the match verses Fax 9th July ?

Edited by GUBRATS

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A very appropriate moniker Distantdog 😉 , will you be attending the match verses Fax 9th July ?

Sadly no, I will be doing my annual month of dog sitting in the Cayman Islands. I will of course find a way of following it somehow.

2 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Sadly no, I will be doing my annual month of dog sitting in the Cayman Islands. I will of course find a way of following it somehow.

It's a hard life isn't it ? 😉 , Shame that , I am hoping to attend that particular game 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Well?

I am now about 30 plus miles and welp over an hour away Broncos....always jealous of those that live close by 

Do many of the RL owned stadia get used apart from games? Do you go?

I haven't had a club to support for some time, but the closest ground to my current house is York (just) so I've started going there in the last year as a neutral.

25 miles and about 40 mins drive.

Headingley is 26 miles and about 45 mins. Wheldon Rd and South Leeds Stadium both 33 miles but also 40 mins. I enjoyed my first visit to York so have stuck with going there about once a month.

• Like 3

209 miles.

My cousin lives 2.5 miles away from Saints. His house, which he bought as a first time buyer with his now wife, is approximately where the men’s toilet, and by toilet I mean wall you used to pee against, was on the Heddington End at Knowsley Road on the now named Newlove Avenue. His family home is one street away and it being on the site of Knowsley Road may have been a massive factor in choosing that home to live in. 

• Like 1

For me it's 250 miles up the road to Wollongong, to see St George Illawarra.

My roommate in uni though grew up supporting the North Queensland Cowboys who are from Townsville as he had a family friend working for the club, only problem was he lived in Perth. 

Just a short 3,047 mile drive up the road for him!

For me, according to Google, it's 3.3 miles from North Hull to the MKM Stadium.

But, to be honest, I much prefer away games. I can jump on a bus about 50 yards from my house that takes me into the centre of Hull right near the "Admiral of the Humber" Wetherspoons pub, A few beers later, then it's a 100 yard walk to jump on the coach to wherever Hull FC are playing.

And the away day atmosphere is far superior, but that's drifting off topic, sorry.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)