Sun 23rd July : Betfred RL Challenge Cup Semi Final : Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 17:00 BBC2

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/07/23 at 16:30

Memo to Martyn Sadler and League Express-no one refers to a drop goal as a field goal as can be gleaned from this topic and all the presenters and commentators this afternoon.

As regards the match it looked as though Rovers were getting a taste of their own medicine with Harry Smith’s Abdul-like up and unders, which surprisingly they had no idea how to deal with. By the way is Abdull fit for the final?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Leigh have got a lovely modern stadium too . 

Odsal filled in for Wembley in The King's Speech and some big Bollywood film where my Sikh friend worked as an extra. The new Wembley is just a piece of glass-and-concrete tat. A bit like Headingley, really.

[Lying Mode] Odsal remains a magnificent historical artefact.[Lying Mode]

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

32 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And money guarantee's that does it ? 

Coaches are not salary capped.

Backroom staff are not salary capped.

That said Danson will not throw money about, not his stile.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

16 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Leigh have got a lovely modern stadium too . 

Thanks to WIGAN council 😄

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

Coaches are not salary capped.

Backroom staff are not salary capped.

That said Danson will not throw money about, not his stile.

Not forgetting Leigh players all being promised a trip to Vegas seemingly off the cap. There are obviously ways to use your money to make players lives better. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Memo to Martyn Sadler and League Express-no one refers to a drop goal as a field goal

What if Jai Field kicks it?

As for today's game well, obviously the game looked to be drifting away from Wigan after the dismissal. I still thought they had chances to win but never once seemed to try and exploit the Bevan/Field attacking qualities and they suffered due to lack of creativeness.

Well done to Hull KR (hack, cough, splutter).

If you'd walked into a bookies at the start of the season and asked for odds on a Leigh v Hull KR Challenge Cup Final, you'd have probably been told to name your own price, the chances seemed that remote. But here we are waiting for it in just under 3 weeks.

I've had a look back to find the last time two, perhaps not so fancied teams (at the start of the season), got through to the final and I find myself looking at 1967/68 season when Fev played Barrow.

Is that a fair comparison or where either of those teams in good nick then?

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Some interesting behaviour from rovers fans immediately after the match and outside the ground.

Summat you saw or heard via a third party?

14 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Some interesting behaviour from rovers fans immediately after the match and outside the ground.

They were just a bit giddy because it was always their ambition to visit West Yorkshire.

• Haha 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Saw, and seen videos of

Oh dear, hope it wasn't too bad?

3 hours ago, meast said:

I don't watch much TV sport these days but what I have noticed is that there is never any quiet moments, it's almost as if it's a competition between the many voices to out talk each other.

Most of the time it's just inane ramblings.

The women's game earlier was like listening to 2 women having a natter in the supermarket aisle or in a coffee shop.

I gather Sky are exactly the same with the verbal blather but BBC are becoming as bad now.

worse than that - they’re all paid per word!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

No, because of the absence of Steele Retchless ducking for the line with the scores tied at 27-27 ...

I was going to say these two are up there with the 1999 pair which are the best I can remember. Retchless scored right in front of me, as a part-time London fan it was one of the best wins ever.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

I was going to say these two are up there with the 1999 pair which are the best I can remember. Retchless scored right in front of me, as a part-time London fan it was one of the best wins ever.

I wasn't really in a fit state to appreciate the other semi final but I do remember it being very good. Albeit blurry.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

More just general can't handle their beers stuff, but looked rough as owt.

Right, so nothing much at all then really, but you thought you’d be dramatically vague in your initial comment. If a few rugby league fans being stupidly drunk after a 5pm kick off shocks you it might be time to get out more 

Jeez, some of you lot are so predictable. This is your takeaway from today’s match? 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I wasn't really in a fit state to appreciate the other semi final but I do remember it being very good. Albeit blurry.

Heroic Leeds held off a set of flat track Bullies from Odsal, coming back from 10-0 down to win at a sold out McAlpine.

It was possibly my favourite Rugby League weekend ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Odsal filled in for Wembley in The King's Speech and some big Bollywood film where my Sikh friend worked as an extra. The new Wembley is just a piece of glass-and-concrete tat. A bit like Headingley, really.

[Lying Mode] Odsal remains a magnificent historical artefact.[Lying Mode]

Historic ? How far back ? I would call Barley Mow historic. Anyway dont be so touchy .I never mentioned Odsal 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK