Sun 23rd Jul: 1895 Cup Semi-Final: York Knights v Batley Bulldogs KO 12:00

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York Knights
    • Batley Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/07/23 at 11:30

2 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

If Batley win, it will be their first time at Wembley, but not for York, they have managed that already, albeit in 1931.

Give over, we were there the other year and gave Fev a game (but lost, as per).

I'm going to Wembley anyway so it would be nice if we could get there. Batley are always tough but I'd give us a (very) slight advantage at home.

• Like 3

On 21/07/2023 at 20:57, DEANO said:

Should still be in the challenge cup but the ref had no balls. 

Had they made the CC semi finals they would still be in the 1895 Cup. They would only be withdrawn (with Batley given a bye) had they reached the CC final, as they couldn't play two finals on the same day. Had they reached the CC semis then their 1895 semi would have been put back by a week or two in case they needed to play in the semi finals of both competitions.

Full credit to Batley they came and did a job on York today. York just never got going because Batley didn't let them. Awful refereeing yet again from that clown but no excuses as Batley deserved to win. Hopefully York learn a lesson and kick on from here. I hope Batley go on and win it because they are a well drilled hardworking side who deserve it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, meast said:

Congratulations to Batley, they should be in super league ahead of York, Newcastle, etc.

A Kirklees v Calderdale final at Wembley 🙂

As much as I admire Batley and their coach there is no way on this earth have they the facilities for Super League.No doubt you are one of the many who would be happiest with Rugby League being played solely along the M62 corridor.

Incidentally I don’t think my team are anywhere near ready either. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

As much as I admire Batley and their coach there is no way on this earth have they the facilities for Super League.No doubt you are one of the many who would be happiest with Rugby League being played solely along the M62 corridor.

In your opinion, what facilities do you think they are lacking?

Edited by LINNERS

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Battle of the departing coaches in the 1895 final. Should be a good game, well done to both sides for getting there.

I think the Batley players will be going all out to win for Lingard's sake as much as their own.It may not be quite the same at Halifax.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rich f said:

Full credit to Batley they came and did a job on York today. York just never got going because Batley didn't let them. Awful refereeing yet again from that clown but no excuses as Batley deserved to win. Hopefully York learn a lesson and kick on from here. I hope Batley go on and win it because they are a well drilled hardworking side who deserve it.

You had every 50-50 in the game 😂 we just defended well and conceded 2 soft tries York didn’t look like scoring 

• Like 2

On 21/07/2023 at 22:33, Barley Mow said:

And 2021

On 21/07/2023 at 22:37, wilsontown said:

Give over, we were there the other year and gave Fev a game (but lost, as per).

I'm going to Wembley anyway so it would be nice if we could get there. Batley are always tough but I'd give us a (very) slight advantage at home.

Pardon my error, I forgot about 2021.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That is on the Richter Scale of fantasies, far far more unlikely than a Robin's v Leopards final.🙄

I'm just pontificating on the teams who not so long ago were lauded as the next Toronto Wolfpack and new saviours of the game.

Newcastle, York, Bradford, Toulouse and even Barrow I think were put forward as candidates 😂

19 hours ago, Expatknight said:

I was taking the P out of people who claimed the likes of York and Newcastle would offer more to super league than Leigh, Wakefield, Salford, Huddersfield etc etc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, meast said:

I'm just pontificating on the teams who not so long ago were lauded as the next Toronto Wolfpack and new saviours of the game.

Newcastle, York, Bradford, Toulouse and even Barrow I think were put forward as candidates 😂

Yes, but those got scoffed at also.