Vegas baby!!

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Plenty of pawn in Vegas. I think I spelled that right.

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

double-header in Vegas is doable from here.

I take it that these two posts are not 100% correlated?

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I wonder what the NRL will consider a barometer for success. Attendance? Local engagement? Greater US wide visibility?

The post match narrative (from Australia) around the England v NZ game in the US, with a 20k attendance, was that of a flop. 

So will be interesting to see what will be considered a success for this. You’d assume the South’s/Manly involvement isn’t a co-incidence, with The Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman connections.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

25 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Prefer Scarbados my self.😉

I was in Feverley Hills yesterday, on my way to Beninorm.

This morning, I was in LA (Low Ackworth).

• Like 2

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

I was in Feverley Hills yesterday, on my way to Beninorm.

This morning, I was in LA (Low Ackworth).

Don't tell me you missed out on a detour to cas Vegas???

Edited by Fevrover

If only they’d put as much energy in to backing international rugby league. It’s ok to send players over to Vegas or to let lads double up post origin and play 2 games in 3 days but there was talk they wouldn’t allow Penriths World Cup contingent to play in the WCC because they’d not been back in pre season long enough. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Can they?

I was just speculating, i have no idea about the gambling industry. 🤣

V’landys’ main background, more than managing rugby league, is the gambling world. He’s seemingly no mug in the gambling world so it’d be interesting to see what he has planned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WN83 said:

If only they’d put as much energy in to backing international rugby league. It’s ok to send players over to Vegas or to let lads double up post origin and play 2 games in 3 days but there was talk they wouldn’t allow Penriths World Cup contingent to play in the WCC because they’d not been back in pre season long enough. 

It’s origin 1st and then NRL 2nd and then……………………..international RL a distant 3rd unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Copa said:

I was just speculating, i have no idea about the gambling industry. 🤣

Fair enough!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

51 minutes ago, Copa said:

Allegiant Stadium is quite the stadium. Hopefully they get enough people in to make it look busy.

Read it was unbelievable when Man Utd played a friendly there recently, so watched a 15-20 min video about it online and wow!! Spurs stadium was comfortably the best I've been to but that place made it look almost 2nd rate. 

9 hours ago, WN83 said:

Read it was unbelievable when Man Utd played a friendly there recently, so watched a 15-20 min video about it online and wow!! Spurs stadium was comfortably the best I've been to but that place made it look almost 2nd rate. 

Yanks can build a decent stadium as they’ve had plenty of experience in doing so.

30 minutes ago, Chanter said:

Why not Miami? At least it would give some support to the game in Florida, where RL teams do actually play?🤓

Supporting US RL isn't the primary objective of this exercise, Florida wouldn't get anywhere near the same level of Aus government support and it would be far less practical (plus more expensive) for logistics.

In any case, Utah and California border Nevada and they currently have a stronger active RL presence than Florida.