Fri 18th Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/23 at 19:30

8 hours ago, Tippytoe said:

Harry Krane is a Rovers fan!

That will give the team a lift.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

No mention of Gale being injured anywhere else but here, so probably made up.

As for Austin. If it rains heavily then it will suit Gale far more than Austin. Austin is an off the cuff player and I rate him, but Gale is the better organiser by some way. When the conditions are poor, an organiser is exactly what you need.

That said, in these games you just can't tell, and as you say Austin could have a belter.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is it true is Gale is not playing?

Watch Austen to have the game of his life tonight, putting two fingers up to Leeds and upsetting Wakey in the process, I hope not.

I think Austin is nailed on to have a stormer ....will do that manic defensive thing he does where he seems to be involved in every play and the team lifts around him 

I have a hunch for Castleford. I think Ward will give a boost and Blake Austin may fancy making himself a saviour (something he has the ability to do, it's just whether he has the application). Then again, I though Hull KR would win at Wembley!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is it true is Gale is not playing?

Watch Austen to have the game of his life tonight, putting two fingers up to Leeds and upsetting Wakey in the process, I hope not.

He’s playing, it was made up by a sad Cas fan with little else to do with their time once the weeks benefits have run out. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

He’s playing, it was made up by a sad Cas fan with little else to do with their time once the weeks benefits have run out. 

That's inappropriate!!!

These days they don't call them their benefits, they call them their wages.

I'm not joking.

59 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Class response from the Fabled Metropolis that is Wakefield. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

27 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

Class response from the Fabled Metropolis that is Wakefield. 

Nice place to live is Wakefield as opposed to WMDC, and even that's not all that bad - see greater Manchester. No police no-go sink estates, a reasonably accessible city centre with two decent shopping centres (accepting all city centres are struggling these days), new hospital, train and bus station. Brilliant road and rail access. Lots of nice areas to live, most notably St Johns, Sandal, Walton and Newmiller Dam to name but a few, and lots of nice outlying villages. Housing prices not to high, especially for first time buyers. Lower than average crime rate. Above average employment. 

So, out of interest, do tell what exactly the problem is? Thanks

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Nice place to live is Wakefield as opposed to WMDC, and even that's not all that bad - see greater Manchester. No police no-go sink estates, a reasonably accessible city centre with two decent shopping centres (accepting all city centres are struggling these days), new hospital, train and bus station. Brilliant road and rail access. Lots of nice areas to live, most notably St Johns, Sandal, Walton and Newmiller Dam to name but a few, and lots of nice outlying villages. Housing prices not to high, especially for first time buyers. Lower than average crime rate. Above average employment. 

TWO train stations.

And home to the world-famous Wakefield Trinity.

What's not to like?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I agree with you up to a point. Wakey is fun and Cas is an ###### end of nowhere northern pit town without a pit but so is much of the north, the WF postcode included. I dont see the value of scoring points over it.

If we're just having a banter then I am as well.

I knew a flog'em and hang'em tory voting Rah Rah who informed me that RL was only fit for thick northern cxxxs. He was from  Selby. He wasnt joking.

As for the game I agree that the momentum is with Trin. New coach syndrome will kick in or it won't. Even if Cas lose then it might not yet be over, that's how they will have to think anyway. 

Personally I don't want either team to go down but we are where we are.

• Like 3

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

Cannot wait for this game and the weather could play a big factor.

Not a fan of either club but I am backing Danny Ward to get Castleford over the line.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, dboy said:

TWO train stations.

And home to the world-famous Wakefield Trinity.

What's not to like?

has  sandal (agbrigg) station closed down? assuming your referring to kirkgate and westgate station?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

drove up the A61 from Wakefield today - 2 pubs with skysports both advertising outside - the Leeds utd game -a guy I  know from wakey says his local wont put "rugby" on if leeds are on telly - someone from the RFL needs to sort this farce out with SKY- wheres the communication? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Cannot wait for this game and the weather could play a big factor.

Not a fan of either club but I am backing Danny Ward to get Castleford over the line.

Have to admit that I've wondered whether Danny got the job as the board reckoned that if the worst came to the worst he'd be the man to get them back into SL at the first attempt. Think that they might be right.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

drove up the A61 from Wakefield today - 2 pubs with skysports both advertising outside - the Leeds utd game -a guy I  know from wakey says his local wont put "rugby" on if leeds are on telly - someone from the RFL needs to sort this farce out with SKY- wheres the communication? 

I don't get your point here. Anyone one that prefers to watch Leeds Utd before Wakey will do so. Same applies the other way round. 

As for Leeds being on Sky at the same time, that means nothing these days. You can watch all their games live and most of the tech savvy  today know exactly how to do that.

29 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I don't get your point here. Anyone one that prefers to watch Leeds Utd before Wakey will do so. 

you work in the RFL promotional dept?- I claim my 5 pounds

42 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I don't get your point here. Anyone one that prefers to watch Leeds Utd before Wakey will do so. Same applies the other way round. 

As for Leeds being on Sky at the same time, that means nothing these days. You can watch all their games live and most of the tech savvy  today know exactly how to do that.

I think the point GJ is making is that Sky could have some internal coordination and avoid this clash.

If they must have Leeds/WBA as a pick, they could have that on Saturday lunchtime and move their Saturday lunchtime match Plymouth/Southampton to Friday.

Truth is as I said elsewhere,  Sky don't care, if they did they would not allow other SL games on at the same time as broadcast games. They see SL viewership as almost "fixed" not capable of growing,  true they don't try very hard to grow it but that's obviously their policy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

in the late 70s and early 80s - leeds rlfc and leeds utd both played their home games at 3pm on a Saturday - BUT the schedules were worked out internally to avoid any clashes (alternate weeks) knowing a lot of fans liked both - none of the games would have been screened live either - easy easy easy - why is everything so fleckin difficult these days?

12 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

in the late 70s and early 80s - leeds rlfc and leeds utd both played their home games at 3pm on a Saturday - BUT the schedules were worked out internally to avoid any clashes (alternate weeks) knowing a lot of fans liked both - none of the games would have been screened live either - easy easy easy - why is everything so fleckin difficult these days?

Am in Crete, three screens, all Football. One screen being watched 'properly', two gazed at. Previously requested Sky at 10pm and ok. Let's see what happens..

More nervy than the game!

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.