Sat 26th Aug: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/23 at 14:30

For a couple of months now we've looked like a team capable of making the playoffs but have never quite been able to make a decisive move. The loss against Wigan was a real disappointment. Winning that would have put us in the box seat for 5th place imo.

We are now into do or die territory. Win this and we have as good a chance as anyone. Lose it and it becomes a real long shot.

I'm backing us to get the win here, and to go on and qualify.

Hull by 8

• Like 1

Worried about this one. I'm not going, and we've lost every home game I've not sat in my lucky chair (we moved to a different spot for the Hudds home game and we've won every game I've been in it). 

So if we lose, I'm sorry I let the side down. 

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

They were not worried anymore Powells gone, it was all his fault so they will win every game, ho hang on a minute.

Your certainly making the most of your Day in the sun. If it does cloud over in the next few seasons I will try not to exploit as much pleasure as you seem to be gaining from Warringtons playing problems,but rest assured we will return to the hefty heights you are achieving, hopefully you will still be there.

On 24/08/2023 at 14:53, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Worried about this one. I'm not going, and we've just every home game I've not at in my lucky chair (we moved to a different spot for the Hudds home game and we've run every game I've been in it). 

So if we lose, I'm sorry I let the side down. 

Did you enjoy your drinks yesterday? 🤔

I'm reasonably hopeful for this one so that probably means we'll lose.

But I'll stay optimistic for my prediction,

Hull 24 Wire 18.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

43 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Did you enjoy your drinks yesterday? 🤔

I'm reasonably hopeful for this one so that probably means we'll lose.

But I'll stay optimistic for my prediction,

Hull 24 Wire 18.

My god, I put way too much confidence in predictive text last night! 🤣

Hull were very poor with the ball. We lost Trueman in the first half (looks serious, was clutching his leg immediately). We were with Houghton also, meaning we were relying on Dwyer (and you never get any settled structure with that guy!). Dwyer must have knocked on from a scoot half a dozen times. Just runs into no where and freaks out with dummies until he gets smashed! Our completion rate must have been absolutely shocking.

I think missing Hoy, Tuimavave, Houghton, Sao, Taylor and then Trueman was too much for us to have any real chance attacking. Defence was ok, but we missed a lot of one-on-ones against Williams and Dufty that ultimately cost us.

Wire as a team leveled up in defence. I'd say Hull had a huge amount of territory and couldn't do anything to get through (although we did make it easy by just surrendering the ball!). Their attack consisted of individual efforts rather than team plays. It wasn't a great performance from either side in attack.

Hull's season is all but over. They need to win all 4 games to have a slight chance and must rely on the others to only get 2 (only one can get more). Possible, but not likely. 

Warrington didn't show me enough to believe they can get 3 wins in the last 4. Think it's Rovers and Salford.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hull were very poor with the ball. We lost Trueman in the first half (looks serious, was clutching his leg immediately). We were with Houghton also, meaning we were relying on Dwyer (and you never get any settled structure with that guy!). Dwyer must have knocked on from a scoot half a dozen times. Just runs into no where and freaks out with dummies until he gets smashed! Our completion rate must have been absolutely shocking.

I think missing Hoy, Tuimavave, Houghton, Sao, Taylor and then Trueman was too much for us to have any real chance attacking. Defence was ok, but we missed a lot of one-on-ones against Williams and Dufty that ultimately cost us.

Wire as a team leveled up in defence. I'd say Hull had a huge amount of territory and couldn't do anything to get through (although we did make it easy by just surrendering the ball!). Their attack consisted of individual efforts rather than team plays. It wasn't a great performance from either side in attack.

Hull's season is all but over. They need to win all 4 games to have a slight chance and must rely on the others to only get 2 (only one can get more). Possible, but not likely. 

Warrington didn't show me enough to believe they can get 3 wins in the last 4. Think it's Rovers and Salford.

Visiting the in-laws in Hull and managed to get to the game. Like you, I thought Hull were really poor.

Warrington just had to be patient. Play-offs seem unlikely for Hull based on todays performance.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

Visiting the in-laws in Hull and managed to get to the game. Like you, I thought Hull were really poor.

Warrington just had to be patient. Play-offs seem unlikely for Hull based on todays performance.

We need some bodies back. I think it's just too little too late for us, but I'm at least glad we managed to turn the season round to the point where we at least had a shot at reaching the playoffs. 

I'd be more excited about next year if I were confident we could replace the players we've lost with just as good, but I don't think that's possible. At least we're playing with heart now though!

It’s one thing Hull writing this season off as part of the rebuild, but seriously, what do people see in the current signs of 2024 squad building that provides a platform for optimism?

Genuine question 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

10 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It’s one thing Hull writing this season off as part of the rebuild, but seriously, what do people see in the current signs of 2024 squad building that provides a platform for optimism?

Genuine question 

I think it's more that Tony Smith has finally got them playing in a reasonable manner that provides optimism, without giving up or capitulating. It took 10 weeks to get there, but I'm proud of the turnaround in defence. If they can pay like they have done since Round 10, I think the playoffs are easily reachable.

I don't think we'll kick on to the next level without some bigger signings, but for once we're working on the foundations rather than surface-level.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We were just missing too many of the players who make us tick but we've been fortunate with injuries thus far so we can't complain too much on that score. 

I thought the game itself was pretty poor. It was riddled with errors and the skill level from both teams was way off. Warrington did enough to deserve the win though, especially when they stopped passing the ball to Hull.

That's our season done now. Wouldn't like to say which two sides are going to be making up in the numbers in the play-offs but it's going to be interesting to watch. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

13 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Genuine question 

One positive for me is that we're addressing the sheer lack of size in the pack. Not just with the overseas players but with some of the younger players at the club. When Will Gardiner came on yesterday he dwarfed most of the rest of the pack.

As things stand we'll be competitive next season but we'll need to pull another Jake Clifford style rabbit out of the hat to make any real impact. The real platform for optimism for me are the reserves and academy players. We're up there with the best clubs in the game at that level and there's some genuine quality there. 

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.