Jermaine McGillvary

Just now, The Future is League said:

Has he retired from playing altogether now?

Not as yet, he wants another full-time gig, he won't play part-time i don't think.

An absolute legend of a man and a player not just for Huddersfield but for the National team and the sport in general, the most down to earth, grounded, family orientated bloke i have ever met.

The fact he turned down Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Hull and the NRL at times to stay loyal to Huddersfield is something our club will never forget, his blood runs Claret & Gold.

I've had the pleasure of watching his entire career and he's still as enthusiastic now as he was 17/18 years ago.

I also get the pleasure of hosting him for the HGSA in a few weeks too, i should imagine that will be an emotional evening.

There's not one Huddersfield fan who isn't sad to see him leave.

Thanks for the memories Jez!!!

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Not as yet, he wants another full-time gig, he won't play part-time i don't think.

An absolute legend of a man and a player not just for Huddersfield but for the National team and the sport in general, the most down to earth, grounded, family orientated bloke i have ever met.

The fact he turned down Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Hull and the NRL at times to stay loyal to Huddersfield is something our club will never forget, his blood runs Claret & Gold.

I've had the pleasure of watching his entire career and he's still as enthusiastic now as he was 17/18 years ago.

I also get the pleasure of hosting him for the HGSA in a few weeks too, i should imagine that will be an emotional evening.

There's not one Huddersfield fan who isn't sad to see him leave.

Thanks for the memories Jez!!!

When he does decide to retire i would like him to get involved in the coaching side of the game and working his way through the coaching system.

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

When he does decide to retire i would like him to get involved in the coaching side of the game and working his way through the coaching system.

Don't think he wants that, his kids are doing really well at their respective football academies and he has property business outside his rugby, obviously when i meet up with him i will ask him his plans unless he's announced anything.

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

Don't think he wants that, his kids are doing really well at their respective football academies and he has property business outside his rugby, obviously when i meet up with him i will ask him his plans unless he's announced anything.

It would a shame in my opinion if he doesn't pass on some the knowledge he has gathered over the years at the top level

5 hours ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

It’s been announced that he will play his last game for Huddersfield this Friday. What an absolute star he has been both at club and international level. I wish him well for the future.

I second that. All the very best to him whatever he does.

• Like 2

A fantastic guy and a super wingman over his long career. 

I thought he was the player of the tournament in 2017, in all honesty. His carries from his line to get sets up and going provided so much yardage.

Wishing him the very best in his next chapter.

• Like 5

Always loved Jermaine.

He's a great story. I remember a few years back hearing him talk about not knowing much about the game as a kid, a late comer to the sport.

Hopefully there's more lads like Jermaine that can be introduced to the sport and go on to be world class players.

England's best player in the 2017 world cup and a great fella by all accounts.

• Like 5

I have been privileged to see his Huddersfield career from start to finish and most games he's played for us.

A true great, like Eorl Crabtree, it took a while for the wider RL world to recognise his talents but they were there for all to see.

I had an immense pride watching his exploits in the world cup knowing that this lad from a Huddersfield estate was shaking up the world, he had a spell where he was just unplayable and showed in his recent outings that he's still able to score his trademark tries.

He's a really humble, down to earth bloke as well.

I'll miss him, I think we could have given him another year as he'll probably finish next year anyway, but what memories I'll have of him.

• Like 1

He has been a joy to watch over the years, A great finisher and a true sportsman, I never saw him throw a punch or get involved in any kind of brawl despite him getting his share of rough treatment. If he's not retiring someone is going to get a very good player. The very best of luck to him.

• Like 4

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

“No one shook my hand and said ‘you’ve done well’ or ‘you’ve helped the club’. To get the news as a phone call after 16 years of my life dedicated to Huddersfield, and to only get the call because of a presentation evening where they were going to release that I was retiring, I think it’s a bit s*it.''

• Sad 1

Shocking that.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

If it is true and i've no reason to disbelief Jerry then that is appaling from our club, although in their defence he probably knew he wasn't getting another contract if there wasn't one offered so probably knew he was leaving, it's the manner it was done.

I'm pretty sure the supporters association will be asking questions in the next meeting, if anything just to set the record straight for the fans.