Sat 7th Oct: SL S/F: Wigan Warriors v Hull KR KO 12:45 (Sky/Channel 4)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull KR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/23 at 12:15

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Genuine laws question - are shoulder charges allowed if someone has dropped the ball? Storton knocked on there and Pearce-Paul smashed him with a tackle that would never have been allowed if he was still holding the ball.

It was front on challenge.  Chest on chest.  How is that shoulder charge?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I have a genuine question. After a kick if the ball bounces, does that play people onside? It’s just that before HKR’s try, it looked to me that the chasers after the kick Field misjudged were offside, unless a bounce ball makes everyone onside.

5 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I have a genuine question. After a kick if the ball bounces, does that play people onside? It’s just that before HKR’s try, it looked to me that the chasers after the kick Field misjudged were offside, unless a bounce ball makes everyone onside.

They stopped at the 10 from the footage I saw. Could be wrong mind as I wasn't exactly looking for it, rather just noticed it.

The 10m rule would apply until Field touches it. Unless the kicker plays them on

Edited by tiffers

Wigan raced out of the gate, but HK gradually found their feet.

The thing is that they don't really have the strike to open up Wigan, if they are being throttled and manhandled in the PTB. Wigan are getting three in and making every tackle drawn out and a controlled speed.

Wigan can win in second gear, if it continues like. Hull KR have got to get a quicker ruck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NRLandSL said:

Field try was a blatant knock on, you Clearly see the ball bounce of his finger. Shocking from the Bunker Officials

Not on our telly!

• Thanks 1

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It was front on challenge.  Chest on chest.  How is that shoulder charge?

You still reckon the ruck area is faster here in SL than in the NRL, I honestly do not recall the NRL teams putting 3/4 players in the tackle with the sole purpose of slowing the game down to such a degree.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Field try was a blatant knock on, you Clearly see the ball bounce of his finger. Shocking from the Bunker Officials

Clearly came off his leg. The majority of the forum seemed more preoccupied that the ref "changed his mind".

11 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Field kicked into space. There was no KR player waiting for the ball. He then plays his team mates onside (or something close to that)

3 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

It was a strange one.  There were three canara angles, two obstructed and one clear but they only looked at the clear one once.

The VR saw the clear angle and said to the director "let's go back on that" and he showed the other angles again.

Having said that, even on frame by frame I can't see a clear contact with the finger.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Exhibit A. No knock on. Great decision by the VR showing how the onfield decision can be overturned. No Bunker in the SL.

5 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

aa7.jpg 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If Marshall's onside, that's his hat-trick.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Dunbar said:

It was a strange one.  There were three canara angles, two obstructed and one clear but they only looked at the clear one once.

The VR saw the clear angle and said to the director "let's go back on that" and he showed the other angles again.

Having said that, even on frame by frame I can't see a clear contact with the finger.

The ball hit Field on his shin below his hand which the one “good” angle showed clearly. 

Just now, Futtocks said:

If Marshall's onside, that's his hat-trick.

And he was. And it is. Nice.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You still reckon the ruck area is faster here in SL than in the NRL, I honestly do not recall the NRL teams putting 3/4 players in the tackle with the sole purpose of slowing the game down to such a degree.

The ruck here is way slower than the NRL, basically the olayers get out of the ruck when the tackle is called held, in SL theres limbs everywhere they don’t clear the ruck it’s a mess

• Like 2

Just now, dkw said:

That's a kock on surely, he pulled it forwards onto his own leg, then it went backwards?

Yup. Clear knock on. Bonkers decision. 

Just now, dkw said:

That's a kock on surely, he pulled it forwards onto his own leg, then it went backwards?

Does it have to? Surely only once it makes contact with another player or the ground is it deemed that?