2024 Transfer Tracker

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Because giving youth a chance is the greatest myth in RL. Sure if they are good enough, though thats not easy to tell for about half a season, which is too late if you want to win the league. You develop talent over time, but time is a luxury any team with genuine SL ambitions doesn’t have.

JM is tried and tested and has a fantastic work ethic, surely you wouldn’t deny that. So why gamble on youngsters in the hope that they might do a job. Why not use somebody you know will do one.

I watched Trinity all last season and Fifita, Pitts, Ashurst and Kay were the most consistent performers, all over thirty. 

Bot one of our youngsters made much of an impact. They weren’t terrible but it was the older players who drove us on to the few victories we managed.

it’s pure logic.

Fair response and thanks. Just for clarity I think and have always thought that JM has been a fantastic player especially in offensive situations. It is not personal to him and was in relation to the age factor. I 100% agree he will do a fantastic job for WT. 

Regarding youngsters last year at WT. Very difficult when the team is getting tonked just about every game!

43 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Fair response and thanks. Just for clarity I think and have always thought that JM has been a fantastic player especially in offensive situations. It is not personal to him and was in relation to the age factor. I 100% agree he will do a fantastic job for WT. 

Regarding youngsters last year at WT. Very difficult when the team is getting tonked just about every game!

With older players, there’s more chance of injuries and it generally takes them longer to recover. It’s a risk for Trinity, especially if they are paying him decent money. Which ever way you look at it, MG is 35 and is on the downgrade.

Trinity Swoop for Flying Winger - Wakefield Trinity R.L.F.C

Walmsley from Fax

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

With older players, there’s more chance of injuries and it generally takes them longer to recover. It’s a risk for Trinity, especially if they are paying him decent money. Which ever way you look at it, MG is 35 and is on the downgrade.

Not true, two example, Tom Johnstone and Makinson, both blighted with injuries early on, now both ok, touch wood. Young players statistically suffer more injuries than older players, especially if overplayed before they are fully physically developed. But FWIW, I just think it's the way your made, age, training etc make no difference.

2 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Tragedy is we didn't get tonked every game, we lost a fair few by 6 points or less, certainly enough to have not finished bottom had we won them. Basically the luck or whatever you want to call it, that had saved our necks umpteen times before just deserted us. In the past we'd have won most of those tight games, but this time we couldn't, we had overstayed our welcome. So we move on, no complaints from me, you can only dodge a bullet so many times.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Iam shocked thought he was settled at Fax.

Well money talks, but realistically SL is more likely with Trinity, though by no means a certainty. He will also get noticed more, don't know why but our players tend to be more closely monitored by the media and the big clubs more than most.

• Like 1

Well 2 out of 3 aint bad like Meatloaf once said. Disappointed to lose Walmsley but it was inevitable, he will be Wakey's best winger come the end of the season, but I could argue we have signed a better player in Eden albeit at the other end of his career but he should have a field day in the Championship given his strike rate. Happy with this signing but just praying its not part of some sort of deal with Leeds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Well 2 out of 3 aint bad like Meatloaf once said. Disappointed to lose Walmsley but it was inevitable, he will be Wakey's best winger come the end of the season, but I could argue we have signed a better player in Eden albeit at the other end of his career but he should have a field day in the Championship given his strike rate. Happy with this signing but just praying its not part of some sort of deal with Leeds.

Good signing for Fax if they can keep him fit 👏 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catflap said:

Anyone know if he's any good? 

Well we kept Hood, personally I would have kept Bowes and let Hood go. However ,Powell has made that choice so no problem. Yes Harry is a good young player, you will soon like him at Fev.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Tanginoa treading the all too familiar path from Wakefield to East Hull.

Becoming a bit pathetic really isn't it.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Tragedy is we didn't get tonked every game, we lost a fair few by 6 points or less, certainly enough to have not finished bottom had we won them. Basically the luck or whatever you want to call it, that had saved our necks umpteen times before just deserted us. In the past we'd have won most of those tight games, but this time we couldn't, we had overstayed our welcome. So we move on, no complaints from me, you can only dodge a bullet so many times.

Mate or Miss. We have been pretty average since we joined SL after the win at Huddersfield v Fev. Please come on. Yes we got top 6 and a 60 or 70 point hammering at Leigh v Warrington in Challenge Cup semi. Apart from that garbage.