Wigan v Penrith World Club challenge at the JJB

14 hours ago, The Rocket said:

As opposed to... think Penrith might put the cleaners through your mob, they`re not happy. 😘

Don't worry about the result, if Penrith win then they are the best in the world, if they lose then they weren't trying because it's not important.

Aussie logic, love it.

• Like 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

39 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Don't worry about the result, if Penrith win then they are the best in the world, if they lose then they weren't trying because it's not important.

Aussie logic, love it.

Makes perfect sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dkw said:

COME ON WIGRITH.....

Or Penwiganrith, which sounds like a small town in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

35 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Or Penwiganrith, which sounds like a small town in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland

Sounds like a little Welsh fishing village.

• Haha 3

The Mighty Penwigans.

5882608.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

The Mighty Penwigans.

5882608.jpg

I have the shirt.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Sounds like a little Welsh fishing village.

Cornish.

It doesn't quite work in Welsh.

I am taking this far too seriously.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Padge said:

I have the shirt.

Get me one? 

• Haha 1

• Like 6

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If the capacity is around the 22,800 that was on the other night for the football, it should be a total sell out in the early part of the coming week. To do that before January Pay day and over a month out from the game (when the tickets have only been on sale a few weeks) is a great effort. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, tiffers said:

It doesn't get much more exciting than an occasion like this. A full house watching the English champs host the Aussie champs. Superb.

Was there a marketing team for this event or was it down to Wigan.

10 hours ago, EggFace said:

ernie told his mate burt about it down the skinners arms then burt told his workmates down at the bus depot 

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

10 hours ago, EggFace said:

I can’t imagine there really needed to be too much of a push for this game, it does genuinely sell itself. So initially at least I would think they just pushed it thru free media and as it turns out that is working.

• Like 5

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

44 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I can’t imagine there really needed to be too much of a push for this game, it does genuinely sell itself. So initially at least I would think they just pushed it thru free media and as it turns out that is working.

Yeah this is pretty much it. A home game featuring the worlds best really does sell itself. All in a 25k stadium which creates a sense of demand and urgency when it comes to getting a ticket, or you could very well miss out.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I'm really looking forward to this one myself and hoping Wigan take it!

• Like 2

Got to admit had a great laugh at this :

wigan-warriors-suffer-blow-for-world-club-challenge-87294/

Wigan Warriors have been handed a blow ahead of next month’s World Club Challenge clash against Penrith Panthers after confirmation that Penrith star Jarome Luai will likely be fit for the match.

Why not just say " after confirmation that the whole of Penrith`s team will be fit for the match".

14 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Wigan Warriors have been handed a blow ahead of next month’s World Club Challenge clash against Penrith Panthers after confirmation that Penrith star Jarome Luai will likely be fit for the match.

Why not just say " after confirmation that the whole of Penrith`s team will be fit for the match".

That website is totally click bait  journalism.  
Even the cost of a beer at Wetherspoons in York increasing in price by 2pence becomes ‘massive shock increase in major high street chain devastates liquid consumption in huge north city’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

ernie told his mate burt about it down the skinners arms then burt told his workmates down at the bus depot 

Tell Ernie I get him a pint of Creamflow next time I see him

15 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

That website is totally click bait  journalism.  
Even the cost of a beer at Wetherspoons in York increasing in price by 2pence becomes ‘massive shock increase in major high street chain devastates liquid consumption in huge north city’.

Clickbait requires a headline with no information, so "why are drinkers going wild in huge north city?"

Disclosure: "why fans are going wild about JohnM's hourly sub rate." 😄

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

That is exactly how social media works, without teh environmental cost.👍

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

That is exactly how social media works, without teh environmental cost.👍

just the mental health cost

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Luai doesn't want to play for the panthers anymore thats obvious - he wants away and his heart wont be in it - Chriton gone will hurt the system - add this to the players they lost season before last Kikau Korisou Burton etc - panthers cant possibly sustain the changes in such a short spell- they will still be good but not "as good"