17 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

The rumour is that BBC out bid C4.

no wonder with all the auction programmes they make they must be experts in bidding wars

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

But is that only for the first part of season?

After round 15 Sky will be showing them on their streaming app. This is still on development. 

But every game will always be showed by Sky, just not on their 'tv' channels. 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

no wonder with all the auction programmes they make they must be experts in bidding wars

Channel 4 are really struggling financially. It was stated yesterday that there would be at least 1000 redundancies due to a huge fall in advertising revenue. So I would guess live programming and new shows will be parked in favour of repeats and movies. 

Edited by sheddingswasus

13 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ah so basically I have Sky sports so I shouldn't bother with SL+?

If I were you I'd see how I liked the experience of choosing any game in the first 15 rounds, then when you need SL+ to continue,  decide then. If you have a difficult decision to make,  always leave it for as long as you can.

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

If I were you I'd see how I liked the experience of choosing any game in the first 15 rounds, then when you need SL+ to continue,  decide then. If you have a difficult decision to make,  always leave it for as long as you can.

I think a few people will switch for the 2025 season, after they've looked at various people's experiences over 2024.

Especially those who who overwhelmingly want to watch their own club every week (watch Sky down the pub when they're the broadcast pick). 

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Certainly for the first few months I'd say. As per other comments, once Sky move to streaming app, we may lose the recorded functionality, and their on demand stuff for RL tends to be the 15m highlights package, so that may be where SL+ comes I to it's own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

An added thought: You could get rid of something else and get SL+ and keep Sky. I'm thinking of TNT Sports which I believe you have. No RL there, and you've said you wouldn't care if Union collapses, so it's expendable.

Edited by HawkMan

3 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Channel 4 are really struggling financially. It was stated yesterday that there would be at least 1000 redundancies due to a huge fall in advertising revenue. So I would guess live programming and new shows will be parked in favour of repeats and movies. 

If Sky really are paying for the basic production Super League would be quite a cheap production by the standards of these things for a terrestrial channel. Not as cheap as repeats but for original programming, which C4 are obliged to produce.

12 hours ago, HawkMan said:

An added thought: You could get rid of something else and get SL+ and keep Sky. I'm thinking of TNT Sports which I believe you have. No RL there, and you've said you wouldn't care if Union collapses, so it's expendable.

I do actually watch union so don't want to get rid of TNT 

But hopefully union will implode so I don't have to watch it (it's complicated )

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, philipw said:

10 live games on the TV, plus five on the website/app per year for the next three years in addition to the Challenge Cup coverage. Highlights of all games on the website the day after the game has been played. Plus radio coverage plus coverage of women's and wheelchair competitions.

Decent.

• Like 7

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, philipw said:

Glad to see this has now been announced. Hopefully the clubs will be providing BBC with lots of content for them. It'll be great to have highlights of each match on BBC's site, that should hopefully get more eyes on every game going on each weekend.

• Like 6

The WCC live on BBC is a huge deal........ I hope they promote the hell out of that and give it the production and coverage that it deserves.

I lot of people that don't give a monkeys about Super League will want to watch that game.

• Like 6

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Really positive and exciting news. To have games consistently on the BBC, both SL and Challenge cup for men and women, is huge, and something the game can really get behind. We really have a great base to start building from now.

• Like 6

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 01/02/2024 at 08:46, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I do actually watch union so don't want to get rid of TNT 

But hopefully union will implode so I don't have to watch it (it's complicated )

I'm guessing you're a bit like me. Brought up around union but got tired of the rugby values, game of all shapes and sizes carry on? 🤣

14 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I assume it'll be Chapman presenting this (a good thing I think )

They'll probably stick with the names they know, but the BBC could add a pundit or two from the crew that did so well for C4 over the last couple of seasons.

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As I suspected, a portion of games on the iPlayer and BBC Sport website - which won't be viewable outside the UK, without a VPN.

It is good for visibility that some - hopefully a majority - of the 10 will be on BBC TV, but I feel the Channel 4 coverage offered a fresh and entertaining take.

It is good that the game is getting more money, with the BBC stumping up the moolah for the coverage.

Edited by StandOffHalf