1 hour ago, N2022 said:

Probably by some automated mechanism. Not by posters on this thread listening through my window, although Futtocks may be able to clarify if I'm mistaken.

That seems a bit unrealistic.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

That seems a bit unrealistic.

It really is amazingly easy to find out how viewing figures are calculated.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Thats pretty much spot on BUT

* BBC audience is considered pretty much old and dead (Half asleep after the pub)

* SKY one gets GLOBAL coverage  for me its SKY/FOX all the way 

I expect lots of sponsors are quite happy when they're involved in sport and it is on BBC rather than SKY. 

I am not sure what the most watched (millions/v) sporting occasions on TV are in the UK, but I expect all of them are on the BBC or ITV rather than SKY. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Click said:

I expect lots of sponsors are quite happy when they're involved in sport and it is on BBC rather than SKY. 

I am not sure what the most watched (millions/v) sporting occasions on TV are in the UK, but I expect all of them are on the BBC or ITV rather than SKY. 

ATLANTISMAN seems to have some rather peculiar beliefs about who is watching TV in the UK.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I'm sad about the cup. I think as a game we committed an act of self-sabotage by only bringing the SL clubs in at the last 16 round, and it is poor that even that round is now going to be hidden away from view. It's particularly annoying when a broadcaster owns the rights to something but won't show it (don't tell me it is on the red button, only the hard-core RL fans will find it there). 

I also feel for the people who made and watched the Super League Show. It was always on at an awkward time, and only available several days after the main games, so I can see why it has gone. But I always found it to be a decent watchable show and I think things could have been done to make it more watched (mostly around scheduling).

Another nail in the coffin to the CC IMO.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gingerjon said:

BBC is a better platform for sport than Channel 4 and it's not even close.

Do you mean better in terms of exposure, or better in terms of the coverage?

You're probably right if it's the first, but I liked the tone on 4.

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

Do you mean better in terms of exposure, or better in terms of the coverage?

You're probably right if it's the first, but I liked the tone on 4.

Exposure, visibility, longevity.

I did like the tone of the C4 coverage and felt it raised the bar a lot on what could be done.

• Like 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Thats pretty much spot on BUT

* BBC audience is considered pretty much old and dead (Half asleep after the pub)

* SKY one gets GLOBAL coverage  for me its SKY/FOX all the way 

Surely a mix of as many media as possible is better than concentration though? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, M j M said:

ATLANTISMAN seems to have some rather peculiar beliefs about who is watching TV in the UK.

They probably didn't want to buy some of his wife's AV equipment at some point in the past.

• Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

It really is amazingly easy to find out how viewing figures are calculated.

Exactly. There are millions of people employed to spy on their neighbours and jot down what they're watching.

In fact at any one time half the country are involved in this endeavour. Then there's a shift change and they themselves get spied on by the other half. Maybe there's a better way but we just don't know.

• Haha 6

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Exactly. There are millions of people employed to spy on their neighbours and jot down what they're watching.

In fact at any one time half the country are involved in this endeavour. Then there's a shift change and they themselves get spied on by the other half. Maybe there's a better way but we just don't know.

It was introduced when the cost of detector vans became financially unviable. Turns out plenty of people were twitching the curtains for free anyway...

2 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

But a jarring contrast with the BBC Sport web pages. They really don't like us much on there.

Always look on the brighter side of life. It was still the biggest and best piece about SL that I can recall on BBC Breakfast TV.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Really great piece on the new SL season on BBC Breakfast TV this morning, with big focus on Sam Burgess. Could this be Warrington's year?

Worth looking at it on iPlayer.

Just watched it. Really good promotion of the new season and presenters were very positive about the game of RL

19 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

In what way?

I think I caught BBC Sport at a bad time. It was the morning of HFC-HKR and their lead RL story was about tramadol misuse.

I've been pretty impressed since. All games have highlights up and some have comments opened.

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

THat seems ok considering it was on Sky too. 

Will be interesting to see if they do any kind of release on overall figures for the weekend. It would be great if we could hit 1m+ viewers for weekends like this when we have a BBC game.

Edited by Dave T