Lewis Dodd to Souths

2 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Is that why the NRL teams keep losing in the WCC, would Man city be losing to Ipswich. If you want to use a football analogy, it’s more like Prem=NRL and Serie A=SL. I’m not sure why you’ve got so much hatred towards the SL and its players. Are you secretly Phil Gould?

talking about the comp as a whole - not one - one off game

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

NRL Clubs surely must be on the radar of mikey lewis if they are short on quality halfbacks - would be a great pick up for the roosters with keary coming to the end and walker always in and out with injuries 

I’m not sure Lewis fits into any typical NRL attacking structures to be honest.

If he came through the Aussie system, they’ve have developed him at full back (if at all)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

talking about the comp as a whole - not one - one off game

Yes, the SL comp “as a whole” is very quality competition, and definitely a whole grade down from the NRL as you are stating.

31 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Even if he hardly plays in the first team (Personally, I think he will be a mainstay in the team), he will be earning £300/£400K per year, not bad going. 

He’s been signed as there starting 7, he will play every game available.

Edited by NRLandSL

1 hour ago, Mark S said:

Even if he hardly plays in the first team (Personally, I think he will be a mainstay in the team), he will be earning £300/£400K per year, not bad going. 

He hasn't been signed to play NSW Cup.

Since Adam Reynolds left, Souths haven't found a good replacement.  Lachlan Ilias hasn't been good enough and his backup, Dean Hawkins, is 25 and would have stepped up to first grade by now if he was good enough.

Obviously Dodd needs to play well, but all things being equal he will be the Souths number one 7 next year.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Their two halfbacks are really average at NRL level so this is an upgrade . I wish him well but I think it’s quite a big restructuring job there for the new coach 

The actual question Jai Arrow was asked would be good to know, for context in that article. I assume they said something along the lines of 'Have you seen Dodd play?' and/or 'What do you think he can bring to the side?' Probably fair that he didn't try and just wing a response, whilst also acknowledging he must be decent if Souths want to bring him in. 

I don't really have a problem with Jai Arrow not knowing Dodd or his ability. 

He plays Rugby League as a job and he should know the strengths and weaknesses of the players in his competition but these guys don't have an obligation to be fans and turn on Super League coverage when they are not playing or training.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, bratman said:

Jai Arrow - who? 😄

Doesn't sound like he's the sharpest.

I think Dodd is a good player but not sure I would rate him as NRL starting half back quality. Obviously wish him well as it is healthy to have players in the NRL.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

Never mind jai arrow, today on nrl 360 Braith anasta TWICE said Dodd played for Wigan! James Graham was sat beside him and didn't correct him either time.

Maybe perhaps Dodd hasn't impressed James Graham?

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maybe perhaps Dodd hasn't impressed James Graham?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Doesn't sound like he's the sharpest.

I think Dodd is a good player but not sure I would rate him as NRL starting half back quality. Obviously wish him well as it is healthy to have players in the NRL.

There are some positions where the NRL is flush with quality across the board but I don't think half back is one of them.  This is the list of 7's starting for the NRL teams last time out.

Sean Johnson
Kieran Foran
Ben Hunt
Sam Walker
Jahrome Hughes
Dean Hawkins
Daly Cherry-Evans
Dylan Brown
Aiden Sezer
Adam Reynolds
Chad Townsend
Nathan Cleary
Isaiya Katoa
Jackson Hastings
Kaeo Weekes
Nicholas Hynes
Drew Hutchinson

There are some good players in there but also some very average one's as well... Hawkins, Sezer, Townsend, Hutchinson... they don't exactly make you think world class.

• Like 4

I’ll be disappointed to see Dodd go he still is only a young lad at 22. I am amazed the amount of Saints fans that are be pleased to see the back of him, a lot of them turned against him when he did the dastardly unforgivable move of getting an Aussie agent and trying to do what his best for himself and family. I know people who don’t rate him, they’ll move on to the next halfback who joins the club although if we signed Drinkwater i would be booing Wellens 🤣

12 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I’ll be disappointed to see Dodd go he still is only a young lad at 22. I am amazed the amount of Saints fans that are be pleased to see the back of him, a lot of them turned against him when he did the dastardly unforgivable move of getting an Aussie agent and trying to do what his best for himself and family. I know people who don’t rate him, they’ll move on to the next halfback who joins the club although if we signed Drinkwater i would be booing Wellens 🤣

He does seems to have got an awful lot of flak the last few months. I wonder if that has played any part on his decision to leave.

• Like 2