Sat 4th May: SL: Hull KR v St Helens KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/24 at 14:30

15 minutes ago, Ullman said:

You missed your chance with the Covid Grand Final 😉

God can you imagine? We were abysmal that year, defence like Swiss cheese. 

An absolute thumping in that second half… 

Well done Hull KR. Ball movement, like against Salford and Warrington, killed us. But we were also beaten up down the middle. Pretty weird to be saying but without Walmsley (plus Paasi and LMS), our props are too small. 

Well beaten by a very good side. 

• Like 1

Last two games have been brilliant.

I said a fortnight ago we’d had a soft start to the season, favourable draw with hindsight, and the next month was the better measure of whether we were really at the races. Looks good at the moment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

You have to be very pleased with that if your a HKR fan, great performance 

What about the rest of us? ☹️

• Sad 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Just now, NRLandSL said:

Mikey Lewis superb, definitely MOM. 3 incredible assists and a try. Great performances aswell from Broadbont, Evalds, Hadley and others.

I’d have gone with Hadley over Whitbread, but pleased to see Sky pick one of the forwards. The pack put in a real shift today I think. 

2 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Last two games have been brilliant.

I said a fortnight ago we’d had a soft start to the season, favourable draw with hindsight, and the next month was the better measure of whether we were really at the races. Looks good at the moment. 

Great to look at the top off SL anyone out of the top 9 could go on and win silverware this year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

An absolute thumping in that second half… 

Well done Hull KR. Ball movement, like against Salford and Warrington, killed us. But we were also beaten up down the middle. Pretty weird to be saying but without Walmsley (plus Paasi and LMS), our props are too small. 

Well beaten by a very good side. 

How are we feeling about Clark so far?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry Badrinath said:

How are we feeling about Clark so far?

Mixed. There've been some games where he looked lively. But then you get others, like today, where he doesn't come on until the second half, and when he does, he's looking absolutely gassed immediately, and doesn't take a single run from dummy half.

The problem he's got, I guess (like the rest of the team), is that his game is scoots from dummy half and passing to support. But Saints don't do support under Wellens. If a Saints player ever makes a break (rare enough), you'll almost never find players in support, because the "system" doesn't account for breaks or attacking play. The "system" is 1. winger drive, 2. winger/centre drive, 3. prop drive, 4. halfback moves laterally to drop off a second row drive back to the middle, 5. kick.

If we get a set in the opponent's 20, then you go: 1. forward drive, 2. forward drive, 3. forward drop off back to the middle, 4. Lomax-Welsby-Hurrell and hope he barges over, 5. kick.

That's our attack. It's the same every week and has been for 2 years under Wellens. There's not a lot of space in there for a hooker whose game is on running from dummy half.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Thumping win in the end and nobody had a bad performance. Next week is an important game as we have to go to teams like Warrington and win to really be seen as legitimate contenders.

Think you may be resting a few next week to be fresh for the semi. 

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Thumping win in the end and nobody had a bad performance. Next week is an important game as we have to go to teams like Warrington and win to really be seen as legitimate contenders.

I don’t necessarily agree. Managing the squad to hit peak form before the big games, particularly towards the end of the year, is critical. You have a big game coming up in the SF…

29 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I don’t necessarily agree. Managing the squad to hit peak form before the big games, particularly towards the end of the year, is critical. You have a big game coming up in the SF…

I feel that we need to start beating the big teams away from home more consistently otherwise we will always have that “yeah but…”

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, bratman said:

Oh dear 

Very ugly scenes...

Some more being shared on Facebook too...

Edited by Tommygilf
  • Sad 2

Saints very over rated. 

Well done HKR but beat a side not relevant to their position in SL in my opinion. 

Saints need an overhaul and a bloody decent coach imho ! 

• Like 1

Immensely pleased with our teams performance today two very tough fixtures and two big wins.

The atmosphere was brilliant the saints fans made plenty of noise filling the away end just a shame about the small amount of idiots that spoilt it at the end, unfortunately most clubs have idiots us included.

There are enough videos and photos of the people throwing bottles and beer and hopefully they will receive bans from all rugby stadiums, there are no excuses and spoil it for all the good supporters which is the majority.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Saints very over rated. 

Well done HKR but beat a side not relevant to their position in SL in my opinion. 

Saints need an overhaul and a bloody decent coach imho ! 

Oi! Leave Saints alone. They're fine as they are. 😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was an excellent game, really enjoyed watching it and very impressed with HKR. For all the comments over the past few weeks about Saints inability to score points, they did look dangerous and are still a team to reckon with. HKR look the real deal this season, if they can keep playing at that level of consistency they will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season - could even win some silverware

I think KR are a top quality full back away from being up there with wigan, catalans, saints. I like Evalds as a player, but he's not a bit of a level down on the majority if other positions for them. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, dkw said:

I think KR are a top quality full back away from being up there with wigan, catalans, saints. I like Evalds as a player, but he's not a bit of a level down on the majority if other positions for them. 

Evalds has had a really strong start to the season in my eyes. I think a top quality front rower is what they really need. Whitbread and Sue are decent but nowhere near as good as any of the big 4 sides middle pack.

JWH will be massive for them next year. 

Edited by NRLandSL