Midlands Hurricanes

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I said to the guy next to me after ten minutes we weren’t gonna win that . We were totally and completely outplayed and outenthused . They made way more ground , played far better rugby and looked like they wanted to win . Our passing is so slow , telegraphed and ponderous it’s unbelievable . We go sideways , round in circles and end up nowhere . A few minutes with the new big lad punching holes and playing off that was all there was . Our defence was equally bad , that bloke dummied all day and we still took it . The ref was dreadfully weak but no excuses we were second best comfortably start to finish .

By the way what did Walker do in the tackle to get marched ?

Just my opinion but when you sign a player like Sammut you expect him to step up and take control in games like that. He is playing on reputation only these days, not a stand out player anymore even at this level. 

Expect Walker to get a few games ban, Midlands player elbowed him in the face (missed by the officials) and Ciaran punched him in retaliation. Think it’ll be classed as “direct and forceful contact with the head” under the new rules.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I knew this was a banana skin game and we looked down saw it and still slipped on it. What a dire performance, every way I look at it I come back to it being a mistake to play Walker who was awful. I believe he's been ill and his head wasn't in the game. I thought he was bringing Saunders on for him but brought Key off instead. Anyway that's enough on that. 

I thought maybe we could win ugly towards the end, then Tomposh knocks on playing the ball and that was that. 

• Like 1

IMO I don’t think we have played all that well this season, however today was abysmal, no direction from the half backs, forwards standing still, silly mistakes across the park, tried to take them on up the middle and pushed back all game. We let the lad from Castleford dominate the game and couldn’t hold him. On this evidence not good enough I m afraid.

Also this is the standard of refereeing at this level, (Bennett, Sweet) we have to adapt to it, they don’t referee the same way as Super League or Championship and as we seen today lose control very quickly and easily, as a consequence we will lose Scholey and Walker for a few games.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

then Tomposh knocks on playing the ball and that was that. 

That was a momentum killer . It summed things up . You’d think we’d never met each other , the number of times we just loop it to someone to get smashed is just depressing .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bobg said:

Also this is the standard of refereeing at this level, (Bennett, Sweet) we have to adapt to it, they don’t referee the same way as Super League or Championship and as we seen today lose control very quickly

This guy was worse than them imo , he looked like a bystander . 

Well we were outplayed and out enthused. There was a stationery defensive line, no moving up at all and a very static attacking line with some woeful passing. Having seen that the ref was allowing them to lie all over in the tackle we could at least have tried to slow the ruck down but they were winning every one. Don’t think there was even 1 positive out of that and given the way crowds are dwindling we certainly need some. 

Not too sure where the rfl get the refs from but there is no way that he is good enough to referee at that standard. He was completely inept which is probably just as well as I thought our 2 tries in the 1st half were a bit dubious. But due to his incompetence and complete lack of control in the game you get players taking it into their own hands which no doubt will result in a couple of suspensions. 

• Like 1

It's not acceptable to be out enthused like that. Midlands fully deserved the win and we were the masters of our own destruction.  The amount of lazy attempted tackles was embarrassing. The referee was bad for both teams and by not stamping out the dirty stuff he ended up losing control. Scholey was very lucky to escape with a yellow, but one of the officials had to have seen the Midlands lad leave something on him off the ball, terrible officiating.

As has been said, McNicholas was nowhere near MOM for me.  Every part of our attack and defence was slow and ponderous. 

Looking for positives I thought the 3 new lads had decent games. Poor Galea being put outside Mossop was never going to get a pass though 🤣

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

7 minutes ago, IanMac said:

I thought our 2 tries in the 1st half

I think it was Walker who ran right behind his own man then threw it forward ! 

3 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

It's not acceptable to be out enthused like that. Midlands fully deserved the win and we were the masters of our own destruction.  The amount of lazy attempted tackles was embarrassing. The referee was bad for both teams and by not stamping out the dirty stuff he ended up losing control. Scholey was very lucky to escape with a yellow, but one of the officials had to have seen the Midlands lad leave something on him off the ball, terrible officiating.

As has been said, McNicholas was nowhere near MOM for me.  Every part of our attack and defence was slow and ponderous. 

Looking for positives I thought the 3 new lads had decent games. Poor Galea being put outside Mossop was never going to get a pass though 🤣

A strange selection. He should have started instead of Mossop with Hutton on the wing

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

You will never see Mossop passing a ball, Galea should have been in his natural position and definitely not outside of Mossop. 😒

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

You will never see Mossop passing a ball, Galea should have been in his natural position and definitely not outside of Mossop. 😒

Exactly

Midlands we'll worth their win in all honesty. I thought they were very good. Yes the referee was very poor to put it politely, and their physio done more minutes on the field that their pack. But none of this had an impact on our own mistakes with ball in hand. They're no mugs, so don't see it as a massive upset. On a positive, thought Tongia had a good game and made an impact. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Town utd said:

For me there are a few players not performing and poor motivation from the team,town got to be winning Midlands at home.

Motivation is down to the coach. Not that they should need to be motivated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, troutmaster said:

Jason has his faults, but he was the only one with any urgency at the end. When we were too busy celebrating sammus try, even though we were still 8 behind, he was the only one telling them to get back. 

• Like 3

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

When walker and forber play walker is good, when sammut and forber play sammut is good, when sammut and walker play no one is good! The big lads come on today and were given the ball virtually standing still,was this because they weren't fit? If so Grant Reid should have playing. Got to say they were the better team no matter what the ref did...

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Comments about the ref are excuses, something that seems to be highlighted often in match reports. If anything he was very generous to town 1st half..with Town scoring twice from dubious decisions, perhaps let one or two things go 2nd half but he was not to blame for mclelland dominating and being the best player on the pitch.

Town were slow, dominated in the middle and easily 2nd best...could also have had more carded.

Decent debuts from the 3x overseas lads, can only improve with gametime

Well done Midlands.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

By the way what did Walker do in the tackle to get marched ?

To me it looked like he punched Matty Welham straight in the face whilst on the ground. Referee was looking the other way (!) but the touch judge nearest saw it and flagged it to the ref.

The game had turned ugly by that point and had been stopped about four times in ten minutes. Was bound to result in somebody doing something daft.

• Like 2

The Officials totally lost control and were shocking to both sides to be fair.

Biggest worry for us will be the fact we will lose several players to suspensions at a time when we are already struggling for numbers and the next 5 games being tough ones,

As for the game Hurricanes fully deserved their win and were very good to watch and for me the biggest suprise was that we were only 2 points behind them at HT.We are far to slow at getting our defensive line up and our passing is woefully slow and predictable and the only positives I take from today are that our new additions all look like they will go well once fully match fit and training with the squad for a few weeks.Thankfully we have a week off next Sunday 

• Like 2

Agree with most comments on the game and our performance  , Hurricanes fully deserved their win  . My main gripe was the play the ball  . Some games you want the ref to lose his whistle blowing up for all sorts .  Yesterday He left it in the changing room . The play the balls were atrocious , with players lying on continuosly . Through sheer frustration mistakes crept in , the game didn`t flow , it was disjointed .Because of this we saw a variety of scraps , off the ball incidents , yellow cards and a red card .Both sides will lose players at the disciplinary solely due to the ref not clamping down early on .. Anyone who saw their first match of the season yesterday wont be back as it was a very ugly watch from all angles .

• Like 2

Walker just didn't seem right, probably shouldn't have played and they targeted him big time. No one has mentioned Burns either who strangely quiet. All in all a very subdued performance. I just take some hope from the fact that if we had managed to put together a decent 10 minutes towards the end it could have been close.

• Like 2

Reading through the comments on yestiday's game its seems like everyone is blaming walker for it all surely it is not just down to one individual player it is down to the team as a whole to pull it together, Personally i think walker and forber play and work better together and sammut just plays his own game and isnt as good as he was being made out to be and makes alot of mistakes. I think everyone on the field yestiday didn't play to their abilities and all need to learn from it and go again in a weeks time after a rest. People putting them down all the time is not the way forward we need to show them were all behind them win or loose.

where was forber yestiday why is he being left out most week

Missed the game and was gutted when I heard the result, it wasn’t a massive shock though, Hurricanes have been playing well and we haven’t hit our stride in any of our games yet. We need to regroup and beat Rochdale away in a couple of weeks to make amends. UTT