Sun 19th May: CCSF: Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves KO 15:15 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/24 at 14:45

35 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I really think you are over thinking this.  I am not talking about the crowd, we discuss that topic enough on here.

But on the pitch.  I would argue that the length of the field tries Warrington are scoring today are far more entertaining for the neutral than a last minute thriller.

Not for me Dunny, I want to watch good contests with the result in doubt as my as possible. I was one of those mentioned who left this game for a while.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Did the official say that Thewlis did a Swan Dive, missed that.

Had the officials agreed with you that Connor shoved him into the hoardings then he would obviously have been in the bin at least.

But, like me, they decided he didn't.

But he is now anyhoo.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

So Thewlis pushes Conner in the face weren’t Wire fans calling for this to be penalised when Knowles did it to him. 

I mean you could watch it and see it's very very different. Thewlis was prone with Connor on top roughing him up. Literally zero like that incident. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Leeds fan being.... 

Well, we can all play that game. 

When did you last see Leeds fans throwing bottles and glasses on the pitch ? Name me one game.

Just now, LeytherRob said:

Connor really is such a liability. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wind up merchant with thinner skin

That's the really weird thing. If you play that game you really have to expect for others to give it back. As a result you are likely to be fighting a losing battle with several players doing it back to you for 80 minutes. If you can't deal with that and consistently come off worse and be detrimental to your team then it's really not the thing for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

When did you last see Leeds fans throwing bottles and glasses on the pitch ? Name me one game.

Dont bite mate 

• Like 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Just now, Dave T said:

I mean you could watch it and see it's very very different. Thewlis was prone with Connor on top roughing him up. Literally zero like that incident. 

Conner is slowing both PTBs down in frustration both players push out and catch him in the face. Pretty similar for me. 

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Not for me Dunny, I want to watch good contests with the result in doubt as my as possible. I was one of those mentioned who left this game for a while.

The chat was about attracting new fans.  My point is the fantastic tries scored would be a good start. And arguably much better than a close game would provide.

Obviously a close game with loads of great tries would be fantastic - but, as I say, I think we expect too much sometimes.  Neutrals just want to see quality and exciting play.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Thaler.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I didn't suggest you did. I was referring to your classless post. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Then he’s offside forward pass wouldn’t come into it. 

I cannot remember an offside given for a player recieving a pass who is already in front of the passer when the ball is delivered, albeit it is the correct call.

Just now, bobbruce said:

Conner is slowing both PTBs down in frustration both players push out and catch him in the face. Pretty similar for me. 

I'm not gonna debate the incident from weeks ago again mate. But Thewlis did nowt wrong in that incident 

As far as I'm concerned he was fouled twice and should have been given two penalties. 4 points.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, N2022 said:

You're getting your licence fee's worth if Ben Thaler saying 'just slow it down, slow. slow, slow ' is your entertainment of choice.

Hasn't there only been a couple of VR decisions? And a bucket full of fantastic tries? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Not often I disagree with you but Connor was hardly roughing him up. Certainly holding him down too long but Thewlis caught him in the face with his hand.

Not supposed to take the law into your own hands, both in the bin for me.

• Like 2
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I didn't suggest you did. I was referring to your classless post. 

On a par with your classless fans then.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Hasn't there only been a couple of VR decisions? And a bucket full of fantastic tries? 

• Wide scoreline: uncompetitive blowouts like this are a DISASTER for the game.
  • Close scoreline: dour slogs like this are a DISASTER for the game.
  • Amazingly skilful try: poor defending is a DISASTER for the game.
  • Solid defence: the attacking side are clueless and this is a DISASTER for the game.
  • The Ref calls it right: he should have checked with the video referee and this is a DISASTER for the game.
  • The Ref checks with the video referee: why can't he call it himself and this is a DISASTER for the game.

And so on until the Heat Death of the Universe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You're right Dave. I was just joking based on that 2-minute cameo of his. Though if it had carried on much longer I might have forgotten the tries / turned off the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Not often I disagree with you but Connor was hardly roughing him up. Certainly holding him down too long but Thewlis caught him in the face with his hand.

Not supposed to take the law into your own hands, both in the bin for me.

Watch it again mate, he had already attacked Thewliss' head when he was in the floor. Not masses in it, but as much as Thewlis' response maybe. I expect the ref would judge that as 6 of one and told them to play on. 

I wasn't genuinely appealing for a double penalty BTW 🤣

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The chat was about attracting new fans.  My point is the fantastic tries scored would be a good start. And arguably much better than a close game would provide.

Obviously a close game with loads of great tries would be fantastic - but, as I say, I think we expect too much sometimes.  Neutrals just want to see quality and exciting play.

I've enjoyed both semis.

Some outstanding rugby from Wigan and Warrington.

• Like 5

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.