leigh to axe 2cnds

yipyee

What's a cnd?

Controlling Nutter Director

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

This is the short termism that licensing tried to prevent!

obviously freeing up funds to import mercenaries at the expense of producing homegrown talent!

I hope Bradford dont go the same way!

England RL will benefit from the 6 years of licencing up to 2017......then the team will again struggle against the other 2 big guns because of the return of jeopardy.....well done RFL....short termism = job security.

England RL will benefit from the 6 years of licencing up to 2017......then the team will again struggle against the other 2 big guns because of the return of jeopardy.....well done RFL....short termism = job security.

Licencing was one of the best thing to happen to UK Rugby League in the Super League era, and now it looks like the dinasaurs have got thrie way again.

Short term gain = long term pain.

Short term pain = long term gain

I'm confused by this thread (easily done). 

First - I thought that Leigh were one of the clubs that wanted a league for seconds, or A's or whatever you want to call them

Second - what has this to do with licensing vs P&R? Was there a structure for 2nd teams to play each other under licensing? I thought that it was removed under licensing?

Licencing was one of the best thing to happen to UK Rugby League in the Super League era, and now it looks like the dinasaurs have got thrie way again.

Short term gain = long term pain.

Short term pain = long term gain

Nonsense. It was killing clubs and support outside SL, and led to boring meaningless games in SL for clubs at the bottom

Anybody who watched championship reserves last year will know why we have walked away for a year, the quality was poor and games were cancelled at very short notice meaning you went weeks without a game. We 'loaned' out the better kids and will do so again to ensure they can develop via a competitive league - we do not have the depth to compete in a FT SL reserves, and will not have the career path to compete with the better kids when choosing a club unless we are in SL. A box ticking exercise is not what we need right now and this will have no bearing on future SL players in the sport.

The country has a couple of Academies producing international players, the rest make up the numbers at present and imo the funding should be removed from the majority and the RFL should run/oversee at least 6 FT regional academies to ensure elite player production, non elite will come from amateur clubs.

An England line up of Hardiker, Hall, Reed, Watkins. Burgess Williams Widdop Hill Roby Graham Bateman Farrel OLoughlin would be no different with or without licencing which protected 2/3 clubs who do not contribute to the pool. 

The whole situation with Under 20,s,under 23,s etc is so dis-jointed at the moment.It is upto the RFL to give some directives and sort it out.

I agree, rugby league at the moment has a thinner and thinner "pyramid".

In fact the whole thing is starting to wobble as less and less attention and resources are given to the lower levels.

Strong governance, less likely to succumb to the short term wishes of certain clubs, is required.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

There we go blaming the RFL again. When will people realise it's the clubs that decide all this. Super league ie the clubs, vote on all policy changes and it's binding.

I agree, rugby league at the moment has a thinner and thinner "pyramid".

In fact the whole thing is starting to wobble as less and less attention and resources are given to the lower levels.

Strong governance, less likely to succumb to the short term wishes of certain clubs, is required.

It's starting to resemble Cleopatras Needle let alone a pyramid.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Archived