• England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to forget that half the English team is from the NRL too now. It should t be the problem were making it out to be.

5/17 < 1/2 :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Well, 5 from a squad of 19.

mmmm.... well at least a good proportion of those that will mainly have the ball (chuckle).   Unless our game changes and we play wide more or at least don't forget the right side again...   although I doubt the game plan will change.

To all the fans travelling to the Olympic Park today, welcome to my manor. I am used to attending or volunteering eat events there almost on a monthly basis. It will be extra special though to see England take on the Kiwis in my favourite sport. I will be one of the Team 13 volunteers there today, all trying to ensure that you have the best possible day. Enjoy the experience.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

England will really have to dominate their opposition as an NRL based team with an NRL ref in charge will have a massive advantage.

Also is he up to it?

They have two refs in the NRL and he'll be the only one out there tomorrow. Whether he can handle it alone time and events will see.

Sutton coped fine on his own in the ANZAC Test.

rldfsignature.jpg

Heavy rain & strong winds at the moment, hope it calms down a bit before the match. Not going to be a day for precision kicks through the air or long passes.

Met office saying 80 to 90% chance of heavy rain this morning but this should stop by 2:00pm and the sun should come out by 2:30pm as the players walk out !! 

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpvj0v07

I think we're 8 points better than this Kiwi team even if we don't play our best.

Would have loved to see Gale get a chance to create some mischief off the back of our forwards.

We have to have a dose of realism though, they have perhaps five key players missing. We have maybe two. A NZ team with Johnson, Foran and Mannering will be a very different proposition next year.

That's why I'd like to see Gale get some game time, we need someone mercurial. Williams may develop to provide that, but at the moment, good as he is, he's no match for the best the antipodeans have got.

I just sent some snotty tweets to BBC Sport. Our game today, the national team, LIVE on BBC, at the Olympic stadium.....isn't one of the top eight stories on their website.

There are three stories about Chelsea, two about Salford City, one about Aus v NZ at cricket...But not our game. BBC promotion has been appalling.

Ah well. See you at the Olympic Park folks. :)

I just sent some snotty tweets to BBC Sport. Our game today, the national team, LIVE on BBC, at the Olympic stadium.....isn't one of the top eight stories on their website.

There are three stories about Chelsea, two about Salford City, one about Aus v NZ at cricket...But not our game. BBC promotion has been appalling.

Ah well. See you at the Olympic Park folks. :)

And on BBC Breakfast Sports report........not a word. There was, however, a lovely 5 minute report about next year's world championship of Western riding!

NRL refs in my experience of watching tend to favor the home team, they....like any Ref are prone to being swayed by the crowd, I don't have a link to bare that out....but there is a well known/long accepted belief that home teams get the rub of the green in the NRL.

My NRL side is the Warriors, they are flakey and the only 'foreign' side in the comp.

Even I can accept that the Warriors get a better deal (generally) than visiting sides at our home ground Mt Smart.

There are exceptions of course....anomalies, for example....no Ref has great love for the Roosters (most frequent highest penalties conceded....then there are sides like the Titans and Cowboys who don't seem to get a lot of love either).

The Roosters go alright in any case, because they ignore the influence of the Ref and defend unfavorable calls with zeal

Therein lies the answer for England/ the Kiwis under Sutton....take the Ref out of the game.

If its any consolation to English fans....I don't rate Sutton and think he is prone to home ground influence.

Be thankful Shane Hayne is not calling the game....IMO that guy picks a team he thinks needs careful watching....and picks on them all night....a horrible ref.

BBC Weather site says the rain should stop by the time the Test starts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like to think Refs are professionals and call the game as they see it.

they like to think the same.

By in large its true. I never blame Refs for outcomes.

But the thing is some of them have shockers (like all of us, we have off days).../I think that needs to be acknowledged....also some are not up to standard (usually through lack of experience).

My overriding thought about refs....is that if your team seem to be not getting a balanced deal, then it is still on the heads of the players to lift and go above and beyond.

Gale is not mercurial. He's a good halfback at Super League level. Williams has the potential to be more than that.

With regards to players missing: We have 4 from our strongest 17 missing: Tomkins, Jack Reed, George Burgess, Alex Walmsley. They have 4 missing from their strongest 17: Johnson, Foran, Mannering, Taumololo. Hardly a huge imbalance 

I think our missing 4 are (and have been) more replaceable than Johnson and Foran. NZ really need to develop more halfbacks. Those two aren't always going to be available at international time. 

It reminds me of when Stacy Jones was injured and they threw a very inexperienced Lance Hohaia into the touring team.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived