Eorl Crabtree

iangidds

Aye Crabtree was always very good against the Aussies, they couldn't seem to handle his size. I recall Cameron Smith trying to tackle him 1 on 1 a few years back and ended up on his backside.

I think Crabtree was a very good prop. He was pretty unconventional compared to most prop forwards. Usually bigger forwards break more tackles but are dodgier in defence, drop the ball more often and aren't particularly quick but he had the size of big forward but had the qualities of a work horse forward ie Graham and Hill. I think because he was similar in size to forwards like George Burgess for example they were expecting similar amounts of tackle busts ect but that wasn't really his game.

A legend in Huddersfield yes but one of the most underrated players, take your claret and gold glasses off mate you are making yourself sound silly. A plodder at best.

I wouldn't expect anything else from you, only one person here sounding silly and you know who you are. There's always one has to spoil it isn't there.

Always comes across as genuine nice guy when he's done TV stints. Very mobile for a guy his size and always seemed to play with a smile on his face.

Enjoy your future Eorl.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Always comes across as genuine nice guy when he's done TV stints. Very mobile for a guy his size and always seemed to play with a smile on his face.

Enjoy your future Eorl.

He had a great step for a big guy.

I remember Adrian Morley trying to put some big hits on Eorl in a game at Warrington and he just kept sidestepping him.

He was also pretty fast for a prop if got in the open, once chasing down Chris Bridge if I remember correctly.

Good that he's taken on a marketing role at the Giants - if anyone is Mr Huddersfield Giants it's Eorl.

John Kear once wrote an article in the Guardian and more or less said the only thing Eorl missed was a bit of mongrel.

All the best for the future Eorl and thanks for the memories. 

When Crusaders RL came north to Wrexham we played Huddersfield a number of times with Nobby in charge; we even ended up in the top 8 with a crunch game at Huddersfield . A huge amount of support came to watch from Wales and gave Eorl a torrid time particularly as the "Fat Robbie Savage" caught on. One of our older fans thought we were shouting Fat Northern ****; one wag changed it to "Fat Lilly Savage". Fair play to Eorl he took it all in his stride and even applauded our fans at the end of the game when he came over for a chat.

I wish Eorl all the very best for the future.

When Crusaders RL came north to Wrexham we played Huddersfield a number of times with Nobby in charge; we even ended up in the top 8 with a crunch game at Huddersfield . A huge amount of support came to watch from Wales and gave Eorl a torrid time particularly as the "Fat Robbie Savage" caught on. One of our older fans thought we were shouting Fat Northern ****; one wag changed it to "Fat Lilly Savage". Fair play to Eorl he took it all in his stride and even applauded our fans at the end of the game when he came over for a chat.

I wish Eorl all the very best for the future.

Robbie Savage, for his part, has had the occasional chant of "thin Eorl Crabtree, you're just a thin Eorl Crabtree", and seemed to take it in good spirit.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

And Huddersfield have replaced big Eorl with ......................... Paul Clough :O

Are they actually aiming for the middle 8's again ?

St.Helens - The Home of Rugby Champions

Saints Men's team - Triple Champions & Double Winners ; Saints Women's team - Treble Winners ; Thatto Heath - National Conference Champions

I wouldn't expect anything else from you, only one person here sounding silly and you know who you are. There's always one has to spoil it isn't there.

Why do you know me? It's called free speech it's an opinion deal with it,unless you're a fascist.

Archived