11-14 May: Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Round 6 - Match Thread

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game. Good cup tie and played at a tremendous pace for two semi pro teams. 

Worrincy cant catch hence why he had limited SL time. His brother played for Bradford and was probably worse.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

55 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Don't know what was going on with the lights last night. They've only just been upgraded for pre-season and looked a hell of a lot brighter then.

It's because of the poor lighting that I no longer go to evening games at Fev.  Gutted to have missed a great cup win too.  The last time I went was v Wigan in 2012, and I found it a bit dark for my liking leaving the terraces.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

42 minutes ago, Trojan said:

It's because of the poor lighting that I no longer go to evening games at Fev.  Gutted to have missed a great cup win too.  The last time I went was v Wigan in 2012, and I found it a bit dark for my liking leaving the terraces.

Really? Tbh it was a trick of the light last night as it was still decent day light well into the second half. Good win, hardcastle In for ulgia and duck worth in for Briscoe we should be OK 

3 hours ago, Lez said:

Really? Tbh it was a trick of the light last night as it was still decent day light well into the second half. Good win, hardcastle In for ulgia and duck worth in for Briscoe we should be OK 

I can't believe the lights were as bad as they looked on TV and I suspect the cameras were having issues with brightness as they detected brighter and darker patches which made it look worse than it actually was. 

23 hours ago, Scubby said:

Is this the first time Dewsbury have hosted Wakefield since they moved to that stadium? Hopefully a big crowd there.

No, we played them in a friendly before this season kicked off.

Well, tonight my team begin their defence of the trophy they somehow flukily managed to win for the first time at that "W" place last August.

Catalans are severely weakened by injuries.

It's all set up for us to fall flat on our faces and fall at the first hurdle.

But I rather hope we won't, if just for the sake of Steve Reed's blood pressure.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

First time Hull have had Danny Houghton and all of their props available for quite some time. Should be far too strong for a severely depleted Dragons squad.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 minutes ago, Ullman said:

First time Hull have had Danny Houghton and all of their props available for quite some time. Should be far too strong for a severely depleted Dragons squad.

And that's why I've lumped on.  Cats will give it a go, be ause they've got a few trying to make an impression, but Hull will be just to strong.

I can even see Vince Farrar getting on the scoresheet.  Came through his eye test with flying colours.  On the bench with the Doyle.

If wire can play like we played for most of the match v saints , then Widnes won't beat us. We do have to be wary of Widnes though, they look doomed to the middle 8's so a cup run is their only chance of silverware!

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

And that's why I've lumped on.  Cats will give it a go, be ause they've got a few trying to make an impression, but Hull will be just to strong.

I can even see Vince Farrar getting on the scoresheet.  Came through his eye test with flying colours.  On the bench with the Doyle.

Good defender the Doyle, "ils ne passeront pas".

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

You must have done. Hull have gone from -18 to -20 in the last 10 minutes.

13 minutes ago, Ullman said:

You must have done. Hull have gone from -18 to -20 in the last 10 minutes.

That won't affect me and the brass went on a few days ago.  Still got to roll them over.  

Bet aside, I would like to see them put consistent pressure on.  We've a habit of not switching on and then switching off when we do.  Taylor, despite the journey back, should be out to cement that WC place now. I'd like to see a bit more aggression from him.  Wish I was there!

6 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Thought it was a great game wish there was more championship rugby on tv.

me too (and not just because Widnes will be playing there next season) but used to love the Thurs games on premier sports and then sky, often some exciting engaging games on show

Archived