Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

30th Sept : The Million Pound Game : Leigh Centurions v Catalans Dragons K.O. 3pm Sky TV

59 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

North sold out, west 95% with only  really 1 block having tickets left. All ground open and selling - if any fancy it East stand is offering 1 adult and 1 U18 for £20, and multiples thereafter. A guess would be about 6500 sold so far

That's brilliant - sounds like it's really captured people's imagination.

Thinking about taking my Dad who did some work with Leigh in the back office during the Millward era, but hasn't been down since.

I wish you lot would keep your opinions to yourself or a least make Leigh the underdogs,  it never works well for the favourite in a two horse race when the competitors are so close.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

If catalan can be as physical as were in the widnes game for 65 minutes they'll win if they cant then i think leigh will win.

Either way i cant wait for it bring it on

I'd love to see Catalans lift their game to compete with Leigh and the event have all the thrills and spills of last year's MPG and a result that isn't sorted well before full time (or even half time).

What I expect, however, is a dour and ill-tempered affair with, after the final hooter, a bunch of underachieving Dragons imports sauntering off the pitch without a hint of remorse despite losing.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 hour ago, GaryO said:

I wish you lot would keep your opinions to yourself or a least make Leigh the underdogs,  it never works well for the favourite in a two horse race when the competitors are so close.

No recent form suggest Cats can win at Leigh.  Sorry. Good luck to all.

Last year I was euphoric at the final whistle, and who wouldn't be in those circumstances? For me (and, I believe, the Salford players) it didn't last long though. One look at the dejected Rovers players and fans and the euphoria evaporated. It is a rotten game for the participants. My heart goes out to both teams and both sets of fans. I hope the victors enjoy the moment but manage to spare a thought for the losers. Good luck to all involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

10 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Last year I was euphoric at the final whistle, and who wouldn't be in those circumstances? For me (and, I believe, the Salford players) it couldn't last long enough. One look at the dejected Rovers players and fans and the euphoria increased.

Me too mate...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RADFORD OUT!

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Me too mate...

Mods! Mods! I've been assaulted.

You cheeky beggar. Just because you're now part of the establishment! :tongue:

• Like 1

Can't call it.

Ill watch on with curiosity on who handles the pressure more. I think it'll be a similar game to Cats-Widnes with neither team giving much away. 

Id prefer a more open encounter but just can't see it. 

From Catalans point of view time for Walsh & Myler to step up big time. 

Leigh just seem the more confident team going into the game

12 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Mods! Mods! I've been assaulted.

You cheeky beggar. Just because you're now part of the establishment! :tongue:

Bejeesus, not you as well! :sad:

I have no more powers on here than you mate and if I was asked to moderate on here, which I hope I never will be, I'd turn it down in an instant.

(Are you Steve Reed in disguise?!?!)

RADFORD OUT!

1 hour ago, GaryO said:

Bookies favourites, unfortunately.  Giving Catalans 3 points start.

• Sad 1

OF, I know you're just one of us plebs really, but I'm not steve - I know how to use smileys!

:butcher:

46 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Me too mate...

Thought it was banned to edit other people's posts.

Your obsession with East Hull is very motivating.

Did anyone tell you Rovers are back. In fact we never went away...in your mind at least.:elf:

Edited by stevereed100

2 hours ago, GaryO said:

That would be my feeling too if I was a Leigh fan.

Years of watching Widnes have taught me that if anything can go wrong it probably will.

Hearing Leigh will have quite a few missing, what sort of team are they likely to put out?

I know Bird is back for Catalans, any others returning for Saturday?

Reckon this could be very close, then again, I expected Halifax and London to beat my lot so what do I know.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

15 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

:butcher:

Thought it was banned to edit other people's posts.

Your obsession with East Hull is very motivating.

Did anyone tell you Rovers are back. In fact we never went away...in your mind at least.:elf:

tonyXIII is a good mate and I knew he wouldn't mind me misquoting him.

And I only did it for a laugh, you just keep on adding "likes" to any poster that criticises Hull FC, their fans or Albert Kelly...."Obsessed indeed".

• Like 1

RADFORD OUT!

34 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

That would be my feeling too if I was a Leigh fan.

Years of watching Widnes have taught me that if anything can go wrong it probably will.

Hearing Leigh will have quite a few missing, what sort of team are they likely to put out?

I know Bird is back for Catalans, any others returning for Saturday?

Reckon this could be very close, then again, I expected Halifax and London to beat my lot so what do I know.

Bird can earn his wadges here. Surely he has one huge game in him. Same for alot of em. They miss Gigot alot.. And it's a shame Pelliser isn't still at Cats.

I am a fan so realism isnt in full force , but even given that I still think they can edge this by 2-4 points. Leigh aren't a great side and the pressure will be on...

Tierney is looking better game by game and Inu actually looked with it in the last game.  As ever it's Walsh who needs to show a bit more creativity and run more on the 6th....Cats too slow at the chase no pressure on the opposite FB..

I might be wrong but you get the impression that, for cats players, a loss wont be as much of an impact on their livelihoods as it would be for Leigh players. This is of course just based on loose heresay on here about cats players having get out clauses etc (dunno how true th@ is) along with the talk of key players already heading elsewhere at the end of the season. If that's true then my sympathy for their demise (if it happens) may be shortlived....also, if true it means they're likely to be less hungry going into the game than the Leigh players

Only way Leigh are losing this is if they freeze and Cats put in best performance of their season, otherwise Leigh to win by plenty.... which would be a shame just to see the meltdown from DB! 

Southerner80, Tierney and Inu has shockers in the Widnes match or so it appeared from our side.

Leigh by 10 or so.

Edited by Colly

Tierney has been awful, though often he is played out of position. For Catalan to have any chance, they need to complete sets (dropped the ball so often this season) and they must give fewer penalties away.

I don't buy the poor attitude stuff. The players have given their all. Sadly their skills and tactics have been wanting

18 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I'm going to go this. It's only 4 miles away from my house, so it would be daft to miss the drama.

It's to be hoped the drama isn't at the end of the game or you probably will.

:tongue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

RADFORD OUT!