Blackpool

Presumably, I was Hitler in a previous life and in this life am being punished by there being a family gathering in Blackpool.

Is there anywhere to eat and drink on the north end of the promenade that is not terrible?  Or, maybe, even good?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Presumably, I was Hitler in a previous life and in this life am being punished by there being a family gathering in Blackpool.

Is there anywhere to eat and drink on the north end of the promenade that is not terrible?  Or, maybe, even good?

Weatherspoon's.  Nando's. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Weatherspoon's.  Nando's. 

Weatherspoons is ok, personally I like Nando's food, but the last time I went to the one in Blackpool (2016 Big Bash) the service was appalling.  We had to take our food away in carrier bags, or we'd have missed our train.  Ate it cold on Piccadilly Station.  I don't envy anyone spending any time in Blackpool, it's a dump, full of drunken louts (both sexes)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

For a pint, pop into the Pump and Truncheon. You could do much worse.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Weatherspoons is ok, personally I like Nando's food, but the last time I went to the one in Blackpool (2016 Big Bash) the service was appalling.  We had to take our food away in carrier bags, or we'd have missed our train.  Ate it cold on Piccadilly Station.  I don't envy anyone spending any time in Blackpool, it's a dump, full of drunken louts (both sexes)

I was being a bit tongue in cheek...

However, last time I was in Blackpool the weatherspoons was nicer than quite a few of the other bars!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Jesus is in Barrow?

Those feet have truly walked upon our green and pleasant land.

And Barrow.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The only time in the last 40 years I have been to Blackpool was for an ODP Conference.

When I was at school they used to run coach trips to various places, at parents expense of course, and when in the 4th year (ie aged 14/15) our year was due to go to Blackpool, I refused.

That would've been late 70's

Only been to Blackpool twice in the last twenty years....once for the punk Fest they have up there where I stayed in the worse B&B I have ever stayed in and where I seriously feared for my wellbeing(and Im not joking) and once with an ex visiting her son, where we were asked by some random geezer in a pub, if we fancied a threesome! Did find some ok pubs last time I went...cant remember the names though unfourtanetly. Spoons is ok, but its just a spoons.

48 minutes ago, Gray1967 said:

Only been to Blackpool twice in the last twenty years....once for the punk Fest they have up there where I stayed in the worse B&B I have ever stayed in and where I seriously feared for my wellbeing(and Im not joking) and once with an ex visiting her son, where we were asked by some random geezer in a pub, if we fancied a threesome! Did find some ok pubs last time I went...cant remember the names though unfourtanetly. Spoons is ok, but its just a spoons.

3 'Spoons in Blackpool.

Velvet Coast, Albert and the Lion and Layton Rakes. The Velvet Coast was/is? The biggest 'Spoons in the country. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 minutes ago, Bearman said:

3 'Spoons in Blackpool.

Velvet Coast, Albert and the Lion and Layton Rakes. The Velvet Coast was/is? The biggest 'Spoons in the country. 

Was the one on the front, towards the pleasure beach....I think!

3 minutes ago, Gray1967 said:

Was the one on the front, towards the pleasure beach....I think!

Yes, on 3 floors and unusually purpose built, not the usual recycled coversion.

Ron Banks

12 hours ago, Bearman said:

Yes, on 3 floors and unusually purpose built, not the usual recycled coversion.

So not the usual 10 minute hike up a load of stairs and up and down long corridors to the gents then? Top tip when visiting a 'Spoons; never wait until you need a pee before setting off for a pee! :ohmy:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

57 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

So not the usual 10 minute hike up a load of stairs and up and down long corridors to the gents then? Top tip when visiting a 'Spoons; never wait until you need a pee before setting off for a pee! :ohmy:

Oh yes, they have kept up that tradition. The bogs are on the top floor.

Ron Banks

14 hours ago, Gray1967 said:

Only been to Blackpool twice in the last twenty years....once for the punk Fest they have up there where I stayed in the worse B&B I have ever stayed in and where I seriously feared for my wellbeing(and Im not joking) and once with an ex visiting her son, where we were asked by some random geezer in a pub, if we fancied a threesome!

........... and?

Archived