Guasch "we have to walk away"

4 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

President burst into rage after the game against Wigan yesterday, he said to the medias :

"We have to walk away, we can't do this anymore, we have to let them play between themselves (referring to the English sides). They do what they wanna do, this year, they keep sending young refs to Brutus, don't tell me this isnt on purpose."

"We get penalised twice as much as them in the last 30 minutes. They're never offside, video refs awards them tries that the field ref refused. I'm furious"

Possibly poor recruitment is a bigger problem for the Catalans

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

The first half showed that Catalans have some attacking skill and could score tries against a top Super League team.

The referee was certainly dreadful and his incompetence was helpful to Wigan.

However Iain Thornley was personally responsible for letting in at least two Wigan tries. He must be dropped.

But hasn't anybody noticed how the Catalans deteriorated after Greg Bird was taken off?

Yes, I did. Given the anti-Bird faction that seems to dominate these sort of threads, I just couldn't be bothered getting involved. Oh. and the ref was useless, but unbiased.

5 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I agree with him.

Catalan do not get fair treatment.

I don't think its a conspiracy. But they often seem to be the ones who are done by.

Im a neutral

I'd broadly agree.

But the Catalans' fans, chairman and other involved people have cried wolf about bias so often when they've absolutely deserved to get hammered, that it makes it harder to sympathise when they actually do have a point.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

President burst into rage after the game against Wigan yesterday, he said to the medias :

"We have to walk away, we can't do this anymore, we have to let them play between themselves (referring to the English sides). They do what they wanna do, this year, they keep sending young refs to Brutus, don't tell me this isnt on purpose."

"We get penalised twice as much as them in the last 30 minutes. They're never offside, video refs awards them tries that the field ref refused. I'm furious"

I said the same yesterday, they are sending Championship refs over who are out of thier depth. He has a right to feel upset.

1. Catalans have been a penalty machine for the last 2 years at least probably longer
  2. they play live on TV more than anyone else so they get refereed differently on TV than not on TV - fine lines - but still give away penalties even when not on TV so not that fine
  3. Thornley is very poor at the moment, Cats are very poor at the moment and that right side needs shoring up
  4. which brings us to the team as they have some great players playing as supporting actors in the play, instead of lead actors in the team which means bluntly no game plan and the players are not good enough to make it up by themselves
  5. recruitment - shocking! - the players they let go are performing far better away from there better than they ones they brought in
  6. the issue that keeps it all spinning out of control - the coach isn't a coach he's an assistant coach at best at this level - they need a rebuild long term, short term a coach with a few brain cells that can give that side some confidence and understands very quickly what each player brings and how to use them as the great banana clearly doesn't have a clue

All the above = huge $%^& storm and it wont go away by shouting at it, walking away, spitting a dummy out or anything else. I would feel just as ###### as Guasch after all the time and money spent on this project to have arrived here and now. Jouffret needs to get a grip or he will be sacked and the club will go into free fall and oblivion. 

They need a new coach and I for one would like to see a disciplinarian in there like Toovey who would make those players work together or tell them to go home when they don't minus a contract

Shocking application, shocking levels of fitness and shocking attitudes - and the biggest irony is the 'tired' French players used in the world cup are performing better than the stars they brought in.

Perhaps Catalans need to forget buying Tomkins to change the club culture and just buy Wane!

There's no doubt the penalties the ref gave against Catalan were penalties, the problem arises when supporters see the opposition committing the same offences and not being penalised. A referees decisions will always be subjective to his interpretation at any moment of the game.

Mr Moore reffed the TO13  Sheffield game in february and was excellent as he has been on previous visits to Toulouse, so I don't think it's a 'French thing' with him.

23 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Mr Moore reffed the TO13  Sheffield game in february and was excellent as he has been on previous visits to Toulouse, so I don't think it's a 'French thing' with him.

Do we get the same comments regarding officials at TO?

Dear God...

I must be some people on here's worst nightmare. A Southerner with no history in RL who got interested in the last ten years having seen Catalan's on holiday.

Should I get lost with Bernard?

Or should we all be adult and try and make the sport better?

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

12 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

The Sheffield branch or Huddersfield branch?

The Fartown one.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Whenever a team isn't doing well, the 50/50 calls seem to go against them. I don't know whether a referee subconsciously does favour a team playing better or it's just a perception of disgruntled supporters. 

When teams play internationals against Australia, they seem to get more 50/50 calls go their way. Or is that just my perception? 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

3 hours ago, RayCee said:

Whenever a team isn't doing well, the 50/50 calls seem to go against them. I don't know whether a referee subconsciously does favour a team playing better or it's just a perception of disgruntled supporters. 

When teams play internationals against Australia, they seem to get more 50/50 calls go their way. Or is that just my perception? 

They get more calls because they tend to be reffereed from someone from their own cultural background i.e. It's generally an Australian. Likewise the Catalans are always reffereed by someone not from their own cultural background but from the cultural background of their opponents.  TO are a pretty strong team for the division they are in and can probably overcome the cultural bias. Catalan on paper would probably rank no higher than 7th. They are a middle to below average team for the division they are in. They are not strong enough to overcome this bias and therefore its affect is more pronounced. I'm not saying it is deliberate but human beings tend to favour their own when making marginal decisions. 

9 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Do we get the same comments regarding officials at TO?

Last saturday TO13 beat Barrow by 46 points and it could/should have been even more but for bad finishing and basic errors . The ref awarded 23 penalties in what was a clean game but according to Houles, allowed Barrow to delay the plays by feigning injury. The game lasted almost two hours which according to Houles was the fault of the ref.

The same ref was down for the home game two matches earlier (Fax ?) and had a blinder , no delaying tactics to judge/misjudge maybe with both sides playing good running rugby with  the minimum of stoppages and a low penalty count.

The point being hat a ref often carries a rod for his own back by setting the style of reffing early doors in a game.

3 hours ago, oiseau said:

The ref awarded 23 penalties in what was a clean game but according to Houles, allowed Barrow to delay the plays by feigning injury. The game lasted almost two hours which according to Houles was the fault of the ref.

This had no real influence on the result of this specific game but can make big difference against stronger teams, especially if TO is behind  and pushing to come back.

I Think this is the reason why Houles mentioned it.

12 hours ago, RayCee said:

I don't know whether a referee subconsciously does favour a team playing better

I think this plays a part and getting those calls when it matters puts a team on the back foot so they are the team not playing better by default.

Every time I've seen the Dragons @ Brutus I've come away wondering if the ref travels down with the opposition and stays in the same hotel. Now. I'm not deluded enough to really think this, and it would be totally unprofessional if it were the case, but it is an impression I've had every match even when I was favouring the away side, even when Catalan have triumphed!

I am also aware of the fact that there were those times when I was in direct opposition to the Dragons fans over decisions during those same games.

14 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

On the topic of refs a good variety from around 12 European countries will be appointed for the U19 European Cup this Summer in Serbia.

These refs are set to be put on a performance plan for future world cups. Good work RLEF

http://www.rlef.eu.com/news/article/1510/rlef-update-on-european-u19s

Great news that, very positive.

And they can pretend not to understand when the Aussies come round to bully them. WIN   WIN!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived