2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

On 10/7/2018 at 5:21 PM, Gareth hock said:

Thackeray is a terrible player on a big wage why would we keep him . We have got two PNG half backs Ridyard Morgan Punchard and possibly Wilde . Good riddance I won’t miss all the passes into touch rubbish kicks and interceptions he gives away .

We're all entitled to our opinions but that's total b*llocks.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

Same reason Keal Carlile's dropped down a division with Newcastle I suppose. He's gone where the best contract offer was. 

Spoke to his relative and he’s got a good contract 20k plus travelling expenses.He asked Fev to match it but they refused.Players come , players go its only us the supporters that stay for life.

8 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Spoke to his relative and he’s got a good contract 20k plus travelling expenses.He asked Fev to match it but they refused.Players come , players go its only us the supporters that stay for life.

Is that Carlile or Thackeray?

36 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

So how come he’s gone to Sheffield then ?no decent team wanted him . 

As said above, money of course.  I suspect any PT (and some FT) Championship teams would still welcome him for the right price.  Even if he is past his best (I wouldn't agree with that actually) doesn't mean he's 'terrible' !! That said you would imagine that his age would have an impact on his next contract and it appears Sheffield have had another injection of cash

As for the untried-at-this-level PNG lads and Punchard replacing him - that worries me.  Of course we do have Riddy (I think ?) who seems to walk on water in most peoples eyes (and somehow became a better player whilst injured).

We'll see what happens but I reckon Thacks will come back to haunt us next year.

It has been said that a good Team is a blend of young players and old  but at this moment we seem to have possibly a lot of young uns but its still early days with future signings on their way according to the Club .Its something as supporters we can’t do anything about so we can only sit back , place our trust in our Club to do the buisiness and  keep an eye out on the Forums for news. Exciting times hopefully ahead.

19 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Of the 23 man squad that finished the regular season, we have:

7 confirmed re-signings

12 confirmed departures

4 no news.

Latest from James Thornton, who was only signed on with us until the end of this season:

Heard from a good source that Misi is not joining Sheffield, despite the coach quoting to our local paper saying that he’d love him back the offer either wasn’t good enough or firm enough and I heard that Misi called his bluff and it’s def. York. Time will tell whether the source is reliable. 

No one here knows whether we have any extra money and if so where it’s coming from. But maybe we are having no full time players this year, and by that I mean overseas who can’t have other jobs or players doing community type work and being paid so what we do have goes further.

Is Hardman playing for York next season? I heard a rumour to that effect. If Missi goes as well it looks like York is becoming a sister club. Anything to do with the Campbell family?

5 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Latest from James Thornton, who was only signed on with us until the end of this season:

Thanks for the info. No real pointers as to whether he will be with us or not next year.

Rumours that Farrell is off too, which would be a blow.....

9 hours ago, RobLambert said:

As said above, money of course.  I suspect any PT (and some FT) Championship teams would still welcome him for the right price.  Even if he is past his best (I wouldn't agree with that actually) doesn't mean he's 'terrible' !! That said you would imagine that his age would have an impact on his next contract and it appears Sheffield have had another injection of cash

As for the untried-at-this-level PNG lads and Punchard replacing him - that worries me.  Of course we do have Riddy (I think ?) who seems to walk on water in most peoples eyes (and somehow became a better player whilst injured).

We'll see what happens but I reckon Thacks will come back to haunt us next year.

I'd agree with this in the main.

Thackery has been the top player or at least a top four player in each of his three seasons here. He appears to be a good bloke off the pitch and well liked by the players. I hoped his signing would have been prioritised notwithstanding the new half backs already signed but I appreciate there is a budget and I have no idea if his demands may have been unrealistic.

i share the fear though that the PNG players may struggle to settle on and off the pitch, Punchard has little experience at this level, Ridyard has a suspect shoulder and the versatile Wildie won't be around. Hope I'm wrong and we don't struggle for cover in this crucial area.

7 hours ago, haskey said:

Never known such an exodus of players. Can we raise a Ist team next season , never mind a reserve one. ?

You think you’ve got problems then try being a Rams fan,no coach and only 7 confirmed signings for next season. As my late dad used to say”it’ll be reight”?

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

You think you’ve got problems then try being a Rams fan,no coach and only 7 confirmed signings for next season. As my late dad used to say”it’ll be reight”?

It’s always the same there are plenty of players that will be available now the season is over, just a case of being able to find the ones that are a good fit.

10 hours ago, haskey said:

Never known such an exodus of players. Can we raise a Ist team next season , never mind a reserve one. ?

To be honest I think we’ve done well to make so many early signings. Plenty of other clubs aren’t as advanced as us with regards to recruitment for next season.

10 hours ago, Squidward said:

Thackery has been the top player or at least a top four player in each of his three seasons here. He appears to be a good bloke off the pitch and well liked by the players. I hoped his signing would have been prioritised notwithstanding the new half backs already signed but I appreciate there is a budget and I have no idea if his demands may have been unrealistic.

i share the fear though that the PNG players may struggle to settle on and off the pitch, Punchard has little experience at this level, Ridyard has a suspect shoulder and the versatile Wildie won't be around. Hope I'm wrong and we don't struggle for cover in this crucial area.

Thacks started the season as a bit part player, it's only the injuries that brought him back into the spotlight. If I was him I wouldn't want a repeat of that and would want to go somewhere where I could be top dog and earn more money at the same time.

From Fev's point of view, next year's budget won't allow both Thacks and Riddy unless one of them takes a pay cut.

11 hours ago, Squidward said:

With the PNG players the fact that there are 3 of them should mean that they don't feel totally isolated as they might if only one came across, hopefully making it easier for them to settle.

9 minutes ago, Rooney's Ears said:

Congratulations on winning sunday against Leigh.

Quick maybe daft question but how come you guys are not going for Super League? or are you just other problems like money etc stopping you? aim high and all that.

Think we're stuck at the moment.

We've enough income to be one of the best part-time sides, with maybe a few full timers.  But we're a long way off being able to go completely full-time.  Which I'd say is necessary to achieve Super League, even after the structure changes.

Archived