Yaha turns his back on RL

yipyee

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Yaha set to join Agen.

What needs to be done to prevent the loss of other players?

depends why he's gone

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Yaha set to join Agen.

What needs to be done to prevent the loss of other players?

We need more cash in the game. So obviously we need to prioritise small pit village teams over expansion, it's not working. 100 more fans coming through the turnstiles is far more important than silly things like TV deals and sponsorship. 

Maybe you just have to accept the level that the sport is currently at and possibly could ever be at. Within a sport you have to do that sometimes - for example, there's no point the Belgium football league saying we need to XYZ and expand and get more money in order to compete with the English PL, so that our best players don't leave us and go and play elsewhere. It wouldn't matter what they tried, they're never going to be able to compete financially, so the best thing that they can do is make their Belgian league as good as possible, with the resources that they've got, and not obsess about other leagues that have more money and therefore more power to attract the top players.

I understand that it's frustrating to see good players go from RL to RU, but maybe it's just something that people in RL need to accept - in the same way that, as I mentioned above, smaller football leagues, or lower division leagues, have to accept seeing their best players be drawn towards the top leagues in Europe. You can't always fight against everything, and sometimes it's best to accept that it's a fight that maybe you can't ever win.

I would say he's just taking an opportunity presented to him. I wouldn't be surprised if guys like Gigot and many more in the future follow suit. There needs to be other forms of revenue $$$ (whatever we can think of!!!) if we want to keep players in the game,  like an online rugby league channel, streaming matches from NRL, SL, International RL, and other rugby league content. Small town clubs are still important to RL but should only be playing in those leagues (NSW/QLD Cup & League 1/Championship they get there chance in competitions like the Challenge Cup). In future to move forward there should be more of a focus to prioritise internationals and reduce the amount of club games.

3 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Maybe you just have to accept the level that the sport is currently at and possibly could ever be at. Within a sport you have to do that sometimes - for example, there's no point the Belgium football league saying we need to XYZ and expand and get more money in order to compete with the English PL, so that our best players don't leave us and go and play elsewhere. It wouldn't matter what they tried, they're never going to be able to compete financially, so the best thing that they can do is make their Belgian league as good as possible, with the resources that they've got, and not obsess about other leagues that have more money and therefore more power to attract the top players.

I understand that it's frustrating to see good players go from RL to RU, but maybe it's just something that people in RL need to accept - in the same way that, as I mentioned above, smaller football leagues, or lower division leagues, have to accept seeing their best players be drawn towards the top leagues in Europe. You can't always fight against everything, and sometimes it's best to accept that it's a fight that maybe you can't ever win.

RU have turned around the flow of players so they now flow in the opposite direction...

RL should be looking to again flip the flow or at least halt it. 

Your talk is defeatist...

As has been said many times on here and people still ask why.  French RU pay mega bucks compared to RL.  Its a short career so why not take the money?  One fracture, break or other injury which goes wrong,  you are finished and hoping the insurance will pay out enough.  We just cannot criticise any player for taking the money.

I've seen nothing in the media for the last 3 or 4 months to suggest that the club were in hard negotiations to get Yaha to stay, so I can only presume they are looking elsewhere and are moving forward.

No great loss in my opinion. I'm sure a brief chat with Josh Charnley will help furnish his expectations though . He'll no doubt get a much higher salary for doing a fraction of the work whilst playing in the unevolved code - Whether he returns to SL in the future is dependent on the level of his boredom threshold!

Already been said by others: No great loss. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Already been said by others: No great loss. 

I agree, he is a bang average player, but that isn't really the point, it's another player lost to the sport and league because more money was available to him elsewhere.

We need to get more money into the game so that we can increase the salary cap and keep the players that we want to keep. The only way we do that is by expanding the game into areas that sponsors and broadcasters are interested in. Otherwise we are going to be stuck with Uncle Jim's Chippy sponsoring professional clubs whilst the other sport keeps getting richer, and the moves will become more and more frequent.

The game may have survived for 120 years without ever really leaving the heartlands, but the world is a different place now. The game will always survive as long as there are still people that care about it, but the slice of the pie will only get smaller unless we start to make advances.

1 hour ago, Evil Homer said:

He signed with RU months ago when Catalans looked relegation certainties and he personally was not in the team and stuck playing for St Esteve. A lot has changed since then and you now sense some sadness and regret from Yaha about his move. I expect he will be back at some point.

I bet he'll be back in rugby by the start of 2020 season

24 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Hé said he's going to fulfill his second dream, I think his first was to play  league, 

A wet one?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived