Great RL Photos

On 06/03/2020 at 05:14, Padge said:

Looking at that I suddenly got a whiff of wintergreen entering my nostrils

Sadly the last surviving member of the original four, Voate Drui, passed away early last year. There is an interesting thread on the Rochdale Hornets page about the Fijian ‘invasion’ of Rochdale.  

Next week will be the 48th anniversary of the passing of the greatest of the Fijians, Apisai Toga during pre season training with St George.

Long may these pioneers rest in peace. Gentle giants all of them

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Always loved the old GB tour photos in front of the members pavilion at the SCG,every amateur RL club seemed to have at least one on the wall in their clubhouse.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These are classics Jacques Jorda had a brilliant one on his wall at Bar Wembley in Canet (1990 French Tour) he had some nice memorabilia in there,i gave him a framed Australia/New Zealand and GB shirts with some other odds and ends that I picked up sadly the bar closed last year as Jacques has retired the place holds so many fond memories truly the best RL bar and restaurant ever:)

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, barnyia said:

Asked the toulouse u19s coach about this as this is the u 19s and theyve no idea why or how it happened 

Might be a Covoid thing, only tackling player's in your own bubble 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2021 at 17:49, Mumby Magic said:

Some I can't now see is that due to the update.

I don’t think it is due to the update.

There was a message a while back from John that there was a huge amount of photos on the server consuming a lot of storage and so settings were changed to allow linking photos but not uploading (apart from your profile pic).

I suspect we can still see the linked one's and not those uploaded.

• Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• 1 year later...

What a great thread this is.  Just had a nice browse through the pages.  Pity we can't see all the photos now but there are still some belters on here.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

25 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

I like this one but then I am biased as I took the photo. I am very much an amateur so pleased to capture it. 

Nice photo but a helluva colour clash ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 7 months later...