Obituary Thread

On 05/09/2020 at 09:39, Chanter said:

Rodney Litchfield - Wigan born actor R.I.P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Litchfield

☹️

• Sad 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

only 69 too! great boxer

The very first fight I remember watching was him getting totally smashed by Hagler. I felt really sorry for him ... I didn’t know he’d had a great career , nor of course that he’d just come across one of the best fighters ever 

Diana Rigg, born in Doncaster, went to Fulneck Moravian School near Pudsey.  Her father was the manager of Turner Machinery at Bramley.  Obviously she's best known for Emma Peel in The Avengers, the role I remember her in was the jealous mother in Mother Love.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

18 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Diana Rigg, born in Doncaster, went to Fulneck Moravian School near Pudsey.  Her father was the manager of Turner Machinery at Bramley.  Obviously she's best known for Emma Peel in The Avengers, the role I remember her in was the jealous mother in Mother Love.

😩

Just as ITV4 has been showing reruns of the Avengers. 

Also announced today, the passing of Ronald Bell, one of the founder members of Kool & the Gang.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Diana Rigg, attending a RL match between Leeds & Oldham.

128858.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

36 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

A beautiful, intelligent woman, who also had a wonderful sense of humour.

And Rugby League gets an early mention in these interviews she did with Michael Parkinson in the 1970s.

Martin, many years ago, Rugby League World (possibly even back when it was Open Rugby) published a wonderful picture of Diana in the stands at a game, possibly even this same one.

If you could get a minion to dig it out of the archives, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one of us delighted to see it again.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

RIP Toots 😔

One of the all-time greats and, even in recent years, a fantastic live performer. Full of energy and brio, and still had that soulful voice. So glad I got to see him live, there are so many ska/rocksteady/reggae greats that I missed out on. RIP Toots

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959