Bernard Cribbins to present challenge cup!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernard Cribbins is regular Challenge Cup Final attendee and has been for years.

Didn't he once lead the community singing back in the day.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Manx RL said:

Who better

1C1BC32E-49D8-42E8-B96D-522D027E4D4D.jpeg

Neil Fox while he's still able to

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

37 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I wouldn't have a problem with that, neither would most people.

I’d agree. Given he is devoted fan, he’s a much better choice than some “bigger name” like Alex Ferguson who wouldn’t know who he is handing the trophy to (granted most royals don’t know either). For me it cheapens it just to get some name to do the honours.

Let a Rugby league man/woman hand it out. That should be the starting criteria imo. 

19 minutes ago, DC77 said:

I’d agree. Given he is devoted fan, he’s a much better choice than some “bigger name” like Alex Ferguson who wouldn’t know who he is handing the trophy to (granted most royals don’t know either). For me it cheapens it just to get some name to do the honours.

Let a Rugby league man/woman hand it out. That should be the starting criteria imo. 

That sort of inward thinking is why this sport is behind pub games like Darts in this day and age. 

Archived