Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Thu 12 Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Wigan Warriors
      30
    • Castleford Tigers
      3

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/19 at 18:45

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Discuss Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers here.

Wigan to win this one, Wigan on a roll Cas a bit hit and miss +12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Head says Wigan, but I hope Cas so Salford can have a crack at the top 3. Wasn't massively impressed with Cas against Hull though (who were abysmal) and Wigan look very good at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cas have been a bogey team for us. I don’t think Moors is playing which would help us as he normally destroys us. We are much more likely to beat them at our place than theirs. Lose and we can all come back and do it again the following week. 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

farrell banned but flower and lockers back wigan to win but only just.


 

You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need a Wigan win here to make the Hull game less... toxic!

I worry about the atmosphere if there's nothing to play for on Friday, and I don't mean it'll be quiet.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wigan seem to have this latter part of the season GF desire about them so I expect them to win but I think it will be close.

And after looking like a champion player against a garbage Hull FC last week, I think Jake "All he does is score tries" Trueman will find his normal form and not be seen much.

Pies 24 Cas 18.


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flower and O'Loughlin return but Farrell's absence is a blow. Greenwood could start 2nd row with Isa.

Cas miss Gale and I think it prevents them being a top side. Wigan to win this with  few, say 10, Something like 22-12.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Flower and O'Loughlin return but Farrell's absence is a blow. Greenwood could start 2nd row with Isa.

Cas miss Gale and I think it prevents them being a top side. Wigan to win this with  few, say 10, Something like 22-12.

I think Cas will run Wigan pretty close tonight.

With regards to missing Gale, I guess they will miss his incessant pointing at other players when he makes a mistake, and his habit of becoming invisible when the going gets tough. Without doubt the most overrated player in Super League over the last decade,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

I think Cas will run Wigan pretty close tonight.

With regards to missing Gale, I guess they will miss his incessant pointing at other players when he makes a mistake, and his habit of becoming invisible when the going gets tough. Without doubt the most overrated player in Super League over the last decade,

I must say there was a drop goal he scored which brought a smile to my face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One curiosity of this game is that Wigan we’re trying to bring Mitch Clark in early, but Cas refused (fair to say Cas dislike us with a passion, so no surprise there). As a result, we were able to bring French in early. It will be interesting to see whether Cas end up reflecting that turned out well come 945 tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wigan to win this one which gives FC a chance on Friday against Saints to make the top 5, i predicted we'd be 5th at start of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

One curiosity of this game is that Wigan we’re trying to bring Mitch Clark in early, but Cas refused (fair to say Cas dislike us with a passion, so no surprise there). As a result, we were able to bring French in early. It will be interesting to see whether Cas end up reflecting that turned out well come 945 tonight. 

is that fact?


Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

is that fact?

Which bit? If it’s about Clark, it is a “fact” insofar as Lam said it. I wonder if it would count as irony if French has a blinder? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Which bit? If it’s about Clark, it is a “fact” insofar as Lam said it. I wonder if it would count as irony if French has a blinder? 

the fact that Cas refused to let hm go early because we don't like Wigan?

 

I would have thought it was more to do with no giving an advantage to a team so close to us on the league ladder

  • Like 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

the fact that Cas refused to let hm go early because we don't like Wigan?

 

I would have thought it was more to do with no giving an advantage to a team so close to us on the league ladder

Ah, the bit in brackets was my gloss, based on years of following us. I may of course be wrong and the clubs may get on like a house on fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

the fact that Cas refused to let hm go early because we don't like Wigan?

 

I would have thought it was more to do with no giving an advantage to a team so close to us on the league ladder

But if Clarke is so good why did Cas let him go? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice little show and go for a try for Williams.


"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...