Match Thread Leigh Centurions v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 15th September 2019

The Phantom Horseman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good atm all playing well 14. 4 up. Let’s keep it up in the second half.Knew we had a good chance when I saw Brierley at Full back.What on earth went through Duffys head to put him in that position when he is dangerous at Scrum half or Standoff.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

For me it was good news when either McNally or Ridyard were picked. Just need to finish the job now

Brierley at full back?? To coin a phrase from Maurice Bamford "He couldn't tackle my Granny!"

It's a good job the MOTM thread finished in the regular season as that would take some working out. Sutcliffe, McLelland, Chisholm, Golding, Walters,  all outstanding and plenty more too.

Kicking game was great and the kick chase even better. Very few unforced errors and a great game plan for the conditions. And when we had good ball we ripped them apart.

I did tell you what we were like, but you reckoned I was kidding!

Very one-sided game, with all the class and pace coming from the visitors. Good luck next week at York. They have done incredibly well, but I reckon you guys are the only ones who can pose the remotest threat to Toulouse and Toronto.

Glad i got that prediction wrong ,i thought we would just come up short.Terrific TEAM performance  and apart from a ten minute spell we dominated the Leigh pack.We showed against Toulouse in the first half that on our day we can match anyone.But tonight we played for the full 80 min can't single players out they all stood up and gave 100% but a 80min performance from Chissy shows how much talent he has.Just going to open a special bottle of red wine,i have been waiting for something worth opening it for .Tonights the night.CHEERS.

There were lots of really good performances but I thought Jones had a reight game. Hit owt that moved and I think the Leigh big lads must have been sick of a 'little lad' battering them. The best compliment I can give is to say we didn't miss Cam King.

Shame he is going to Salford but you can see him having a big impact for them next year.

9 hours ago, Fev1983 said:

What a fantastic night, I thought the fans behind the sticks were amazing, I was disappointed that I decided to sit on halfway line!! UTR @daretodream

Me too! In fact, I was disappointed that I entered the stadium!? Good performance from your guys - way too good for us. Still, at the start of the season, I would have settled for us (Leigh obviously) avoiding relegation - so,, mission accomplished!

Archived