costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

What this Consortium and previous owners have wanted is our fanbase. They realise that Bradford fans will turn up in their thousands and pay out far more in gate fees and merchandise than the performance on the field warrants.

Without exception, they keep those fans in the dark about what's actually going on at the club.

To them, we are just mug punters.

• Like 3

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

4 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Just maybe Nigel Wood has regrets over his stint at Halifax, has learnt from his mistakes and wishes to put things right with Bradford. He’s putting skin in the game. How about we wait and see how things materialise rather than pre-judging everything. 

I know that doesn’t suit the narrative of many.

Even regardless of this, Bradford fans should be excited by the appointment of Perez, even if temporary 

Yeah, and the moon is made of green cheese. Let's wait and see, next Bull's implosion before the end of 2020 is my guess. 

Unless Jabba has access to sufficient cash to keep the corpse on life support until the central funding stops, at which time we might see Lazarus rise to be invited back to SL as they are (insert epithet) "with an iconic ground" etc, etc. 

Why would anybody be excited by Perez being involved? Reminds me of the Snake Oil salesmen you see in old westerns. 

36 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

Yeah, and the moon is made of green cheese. Let's wait and see, next Bull's implosion before the end of 2020 is my guess. 

Unless Jabba has access to sufficient cash to keep the corpse on life support until the central funding stops, at which time we might see Lazarus rise to be invited back to SL as they are (insert epithet) "with an iconic ground" etc, etc. 

Why would anybody be excited by Perez being involved? Reminds me of the Snake Oil salesmen you see in old westerns. 

Good one, how constructive of you. 

Maybe because he has shown he has the ability to turn a pipe dream into a reality 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

What this Consortium and previous owners have wanted is our fanbase. They realise that Bradford fans will turn up in their thousands and pay out far more in gate fees and merchandise than the performance on the field warrants.

Without exception, they keep those fans in the dark about what's actually going on at the club.

I have sympathy.

5 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Maybe because he has shown he has the ability to turn a pipe dream into a reality 

Imo he has shown the ability to sell the idea of Toronto bringing massive benefits but he has not delivered them. What has happened is that once the opium smoke has cleared all that has happened is that a "billionaire" has thrown a load of money around to purchase a team that has got itself into SL. 

Ironic that Bradford threw a load of money around to get to the top of SL but forgot to have a billionaire to provide that money. 

10 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

Imo he has shown the ability to sell the idea of Toronto bringing massive benefits but he has not delivered them. What has happened is that once the opium smoke has cleared all that has happened is that a "billionaire" has thrown a load of money around to purchase a team that has got itself into SL. 

Ironic that Bradford threw a load of money around to get to the top of SL but forgot to have a billionaire to provide that money. 

Yeah he hasn’t delivered anything. Good one ??????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hemi4561 said:

Because he is a guy who can make things happen and get things done?....because he is from Canada and can offer an outside perspective?

I hope this mess with the Bulls gets properly sorted out once and for all.

• Like 1

What Bradford really need is a visionary to restore a giant to the top table by thinking outside the box and producing some radical innovation.

Maurice Lindsay is still around, is he not?

Edited by dixiedean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

If people really believe Nigel Wood is sorry and accepte he made mistakes at Halifax and then the RFL, then they believe everything Andrew Chalmers has ever said. Very good friends of mine challenged Nigel about his time at Halifax and the RFL, and he refused to accept his part in errors made and was very arrogant in his replies. Having met Nigel Wood a couple of times, I found him to be ignorant, arrogant and showed little interest in the views of others. I prsonally think he is not the right person to lead the Bulls going on his history and his attitude. He has not the money nor the business head to successfully turn the Bulls around. I cant think of two many ideas that he has had that have benn successful. It was his idea of "Blue Sox". Not sure how you can makket that name. He wanted to have League points given for both the Half time and full time result. He got rid of all the Development Officers within the game. I just dont see what positives he can give a Club alread in a heapp of trouble, that in part, is down to him in my oinion.

Eric Perez is a positive person who will look at doing unusual things to get results. He is respponsible in the main for getting Toronto WP into the game and findinng ppeole to fund it. But how things operate in Toronto, with a new club and sport, compared to Bradford, with a history of Club that has a very poor reputation amongst locals , both fans and businesses couldnt be further apart. And he is only around for a few months and so difficult to build on much with that. I dont think he will change much as he will only be there a short amount of time.

Mark Sawyer has done a good job at Dewsbury. But again, has no money to run the Bulls with and wont be around that much. And running a small club like Dewsbury, with its own ground that doesnt have the challenges that Bradford does with Odsal and already massive debts etc.

I dont believe the next lot having a go to run the Bulls will have that much success neither. They dont have that much money-certainly not millions for Odsal or wherever they play in Bradford, which is needed to start with. Having people like Nigel Wood involved, for me is as bad, if not worse than having Andrew Chalmers involved. I still believe the best way is to shut the Bulls down comppletely and restart a new Club out of Horsfall in League 1, that has no ties, debts etc to the past.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

I agree with that, the same goes for any other side in any other professional sport too. It's not much different than buying a gig ticket or any other performance based entertainment.

There's bound to be doom and gloom sandwiches all round on this as it seems just another turn of the screw in the Bull's decline. I hope it proves the doubters wrong and goes well not because Bradford deserve to be in SL or that that's where they belong but they win and earn the right. And it will be wonderful to see them back there. Seeing owners as rip off merchants is a naff start and a poor way to look at anything and will not help Bradford at all.

7 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Give me a billion and I'll make a reality of a club anywhere in the world 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dixiedean said:

What Bradford really need is a visionary to restore a giant to the top table by thinking outside the box and producing some radical innovation.

Maurice Lindsay is still around, is he not?

Bradford need somebody with enough spare cash to build a 15,000 capacity stadium somewhere in Bradford , and then fund a SL quality squad for 5-10 years , 50 million should just about do it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

If people really believe Nigel Wood is sorry and accepte he made mistakes at Halifax and then the RFL, then they believe everything Andrew Chalmers has ever said. Very good friends of mine challenged Nigel about his time at Halifax and the RFL, and he refused to accept his part in errors made and was very arrogant in his replies. Having met Nigel Wood a couple of times, I found him to be ignorant, arrogant and showed little interest in the views of others. I prsonally think he is not the right person to lead the Bulls going on his history and his attitude. He has not the money nor the business head to successfully turn the Bulls around. I cant think of two many ideas that he has had that have benn successful. It was his idea of "Blue Sox". Not sure how you can makket that name. He wanted to have League points given for both the Half time and full time result. He got rid of all the Development Officers within the game. I just dont see what positives he can give a Club alread in a heapp of trouble, that in part, is down to him in my oinion.

Eric Perez is a positive person who will look at doing unusual things to get results. He is respponsible in the main for getting Toronto WP into the game and findinng ppeole to fund it. But how things operate in Toronto, with a new club and sport, compared to Bradford, with a history of Club that has a very poor reputation amongst locals , both fans and businesses couldnt be further apart. And he is only around for a few months and so difficult to build on much with that. I dont think he will change much as he will only be there a short amount of time.

Mark Sawyer has done a good job at Dewsbury. But again, has no money to run the Bulls with and wont be around that much. And running a small club like Dewsbury, with its own ground that doesnt have the challenges that Bradford does with Odsal and already massive debts etc.

I dont believe the next lot having a go to run the Bulls will have that much success neither. They dont have that much money-certainly not millions for Odsal or wherever they play in Bradford, which is needed to start with. Having people like Nigel Wood involved, for me is as bad, if not worse than having Andrew Chalmers involved. I still believe the best way is to shut the Bulls down comppletely and restart a new Club out of Horsfall in League 1, that has no ties, debts etc to the past.

Couldn’t have put it better myself 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Give me a billion and I'll make a reality of a club anywhere in the world 

Perez didn’t have a billion. He had a dream brothers and sisters.

Last time I posted about Nigel Wood I had my post removed and faced a ban after posting about some of the stuff he got up to so I won’t be doing that again but it’s safe to say my opinion is that he is not someone you would want running your rugby club.

Its interesting reading the Bradford message board that another consortium is interested and they include people owed a lot of money by the Bulls which could stop the Wood take over happening. They also mention a big scandal that is due to come out shortly that is big enough to be covered by the nationals that could have serious implications over the Bulls continuing as they are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Last time I posted about Nigel Wood I had my post removed and faced a ban after posting about some of the stuff he got up to so I won’t be doing that again but it’s safe to say my opinion is that he is not someone you would want running your rugby club.

Its interesting reading the Bradford message board that another consortium is interested and they include people owed a lot of money by the Bulls which could stop the Wood take over happening. They also mention a big scandal that is due to come out shortly that is big enough to be covered by the nationals that could have serious implications over the Bulls continuing as they are.

Did you say scandal and Rugby League? Expect the Daily Mail to remember that the game exists and devote a 4 page spread to it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

Did you say scandal and Rugby League? Expect the Daily Mail to remember that the game exists and devote a 4 page spread to it.

Not sure that would be all bad. Things that once would have ended people’s careers seems to have a positive effect these days. (Caught with a line of coke up your nose? Have a TV series)

I’m only half joking but it could be a good thing to throw a bit more light on the whole affair, however it was done. 

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Given that the club went into liquidation what input would an administrator have in responding to a bid to form a brand new company with no ties whatsoever to that which was being liquidated?

Surprised you needed to ask that to be honest.

It was the administrator's job to get the best deal he could for the people owed money by the old company. He tried to do this by selling the assets to the highest bidder. However, the assets such as the club owned, like buildings, the name, use of the ground and training facilities etc were only of any value if the 'newco' was allowed to use them by having a team playing in the league. If the RFL said the highest bidder couldn't play their club in the league (which they did, at least twice) the value of those assets became nil.

That is the reason I've referred to the RFL as 'kingmakers' .

• Like 1

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

9 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I still believe the best way is to shut the Bulls down comppletely and restart a new Club out of Horsfall in League 1, that has no ties, debts etc to the past.

You're basically arguing for the club to screw all its creditors. Again!

And 'start again', at a ground that isn't fit for purpose, with no money to develop it and with no players or coaching staff or money to buy any with.

Not to mention leaving a gap in the fixtures in the Championship next season.

Genius. Why has no one thought of it before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

You're basically arguing for the club to screw all its creditors. Again!

And 'start again', at a ground that isn't fit for purpose, with no money to develop it and with no players or coaching staff or money to buy any with.

Not to mention leaving a gap in the fixtures in the Championship next season.

Genius. Why has no one thought of it before.

Lets keep having a club that is caught up in debt and other milltones leaching itself off the local community. Genius! You are so suppossed to be a Journo. How about getting out there and getting investigating the Bulls fiasco with the likes of Nigel Wood? Or do you have a hidden agenda as a Bulls fan and dont want to rock the boat?

In contrast to some grounds in League 1, Horsfall is on the same level. Yes it needs a fair bit of money sending on it, but staying as the Bulls Bradford are not even playing in the city! Odsal is also not really fit for purpose but lets ignore the past and the state of Odsal and what it costs as long as Bradford Bulls keeps rolling into one financial problem fter the next. Wow what a Genius you are!

There doesnt need to be a gap if Barrow stay or Newcastle promoted. Why cant the City of Bradford start a new club out of Horsfall in League 1? Crowds are not going to be anywhere near 4 or 5,000. Bring in some temporary seating as the BPA Boss suggested to start with and some portloos. Sheffield and Oldham have managed with similar.

The Creditors have been screwed anyway and if they are foolish to work with a business like the Bulls, then they are fools. I certainly would not trade with a business, that has the recent history the Bulls have.

Take off your Rose Tinted glasses.

3 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Lets keep having a club that is caught up in debt and other milltones leaching itself off the local community. Genius! You are so suppossed to be a Journo. How about getting out there and getting investigating the Bulls fiasco with the likes of Nigel Wood? Or do you have a hidden agenda as a Bulls fan and dont want to rock the boat?

In contrast to some grounds in League 1, Horsfall is on the same level. Yes it needs a fair bit of money sending on it, but staying as the Bulls Bradford are not even playing in the city! Odsal is also not really fit for purpose but lets ignore the past and the state of Odsal and what it costs as long as Bradford Bulls keeps rolling into one financial problem fter the next. Wow what a Genius you are!

There doesnt need to be a gap if Barrow stay or Newcastle promoted. Why cant the City of Bradford start a new club out of Horsfall in League 1? Crowds are not going to be anywhere near 4 or 5,000. Bring in some temporary seating as the BPA Boss suggested to start with and some portloos. Sheffield and Oldham have managed with similar.

The Creditors have been screwed anyway and if they are foolish to work with a business like the Bulls, then they are fools. I certainly would not trade with a business, that has the recent history the Bulls have.

Take off your Rose Tinted glasses.

Rose tinted glasses? You must be joking!

I've been watching this ongoing calamity unfold, not as some disconnected bystander, or a journalist, but as a Bradfordian and a season ticket holder. I've paid to watch this rubbish!!

I've heard every tinpot fantasy solution proposed on here at least a hundred times now. It gets boring listening to people claiming simple solutions exist, that can be knocked off in a forum post, when they don't.

I don't report on this story at all, so no vested interests from me. My colleagues at LPL, who are not Bradford fans, have it well covered.

One thing no journalist will ever find, not even Woodward and Bernstein, is a magic wand to conjure up some painless solution to the chaos at Bradford Bulls.

• Like 4

Have I missed something but how is the CEO of the governing body of International Rugby League allowed to have a stake in the running of one of the clubs? it seems utterly bizarre. 

Surely if you are in a position of power within the sport (no jokes about how toothless the IRL is etc) you should not also have a vested interest in how one of the clubs of that sport is treated. It opens up for favouritism (IRL scratching the back of the RFL so that the RFL are kind to the Bulls), conflicts of interest and all sorts of other shady conspiracies to be thrown around. Even if not true the perception is not great and we all know perception can be more important than the truth in this world.

What a strange old sport we are!!!