Who will waste time and money..........

........ paying to attend to watch England v Aus next season if Bennett is retained?

I pay to watch Rugby League Football to be entertained and especially by the team I support, where we stand at the moment a Bennett coached team provides nothing whatsoever to get exited about but it gives 100% to get frustrated with, the utterly dour tactics, the selections, the playing of people out of position etc etc.

No names but I sat with one off the GB assistant coaches six hours after the second test finished in Christchurch airport, he actually was defending the way the team was playing the problem was he said was we made to many mistakes, I suggested that in the the 3 games we had previously played in we were completely devoid of any influence from our No 6, No 7 and a No 9 he didn't agree, well after this last game V PNG he should refocus or hopefully join his boss and go back to his club, incidentally I spoke to another member of the backroom squad on the plane over to Brisbane he was scathing about the tactics and selections Bennett employed, also he simply couldn't understand why Daryl Clarke was left so long off the field with nothing at all coming from Hodgson.

But, anyway back to the original question, I will in no way whatsoever go out of my way and spend my hard earned watching another of our national teams while Wayne Bennett is in charge. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

........ paying to attend to watch England v Aus next season if Bennett is retained?

I pay to watch Rugby League Football to be entertained and especially by the team I support, where we stand at the moment a Bennett coached team provides nothing whatsoever to get exited about but it gives 100% to get frustrated with, the utterly dour tactics, the selections, the playing of people out of position etc etc.

No names but I sat with one off the GB assistant coaches six hours after the second test finished in Christchurch airport, he actually was defending the way the team was playing the problem was he said was we made to many mistakes, I suggested that in the the 3 games we had previously played in we were completely devoid of any influence from our No 6, No 7 and a No 9 he didn't agree, well after this last game V PNG he should refocus or hopefully join his boss and go back to his club, incidentally I spoke to another member of the backroom squad on the plane over to Brisbane he was scathing about the tactics and selections Bennett employed, also he simply couldn't understand why Daryl Clarke was left so long off the field with nothing at all coming from Hodgson.

But, anyway back to the original question, I will in no way whatsoever go out of my way and spend my hard earned watching another of our national teams while Wayne Bennett is in charge. 

It is on the telly (free to air too) if you don't fancy it.

I wont go to watch a Bennett-coached team. I'll still support them and would just watch it on telly, they'll still be my team, but I wont spend a fortune for what is entertainment.

If they make the change, I'll go to spurs as a minimum.

12 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It is on the telly (free to air too) if you don't fancy it.

That isn't the point Scubby, I love to attend International Rugby League contests wether be it GB or England, and I want to be entertained by the fare on offer I cannot recall ever being as underwhelmed with this present way we are playing under Bennett, I would even as go as far to say that with the same squad a different coach would have them performing in a far more expansive entertaining manner, the tactics and strategies are deplorable. 

PS get rid and I will be there, wherever!

Harry and Dave T are absolutely right, however the people who need to hear this are the RFL. Any time you receive an email from the RFL or spot a social media post promoting the sale of tickets send a respectful and non abusive reply that you will not purchase tickets until a new England coach is appointed. Add a hash tag #TillBennettGoesIWontGo

Hopefully they will soon get the message. 

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

I’ll probably be going to all three as England is my rugby league team being a man of Kent. I love the international game.

However, I suspect that Harry is right in saying that the prospect of watching England play the same dull game over and over and over again courtesy of Wayne Bennett’s Masters degree in Low-Risk, Low-Reward Rugby League from the University of Woolloomooloo will put the punters off.

6 minutes ago, flyingking said:

Harry and Dave T are absolutely right, however the people who need to hear this are the RFL. Any time you receive an email from the RFL or spot a social media post promoting the sale of tickets send a respectful and non abusive reply that you will not purchase tickets until a new England coach is appointed. Add a hash tag #TillBennettGoesIWontGo

Hopefully they will soon get the message. 

Grow up. 

I will 'waste' both my time and money going to watch at least one of the test matches next year.  I don't go holding out any hope, even less so in the unlikely even that Bennett is offered and accepts a new contract. Even in the event we lose heavily, I won't turn down the chance to watch world class players especially when it is close by.

Also, I have never seen England / GB beat Australia in person and would kick myself if I missed a win. I have been to nearly all of the Australia games at the JJB / DW since the turn of the century and a couple more at other grounds, the one I missed was 2004. I thought that I just wouldn't bother that time, and we won!

In fact, reading that last sentence, maybe I shouldn't go in 2020?

I plan to go to the Spurs game, but give the CC Final miss this year. I will be going regardless of the manager. I do agree we need a change - some amazing decisions over the past 6 weeks - starting with the 9s when Tomkins was on fire, and more or less controlled the team and still got sent back - that's before we get to the wingers and the lack of use of Clarke..........

Roll on the Ashes... ish...

My support for England/GB isn’t contingent on me agreeing with the coach or tactics so I’ll support them regardless and go to whichever games I can.  Sport’s a funny thing and you never know when things will click, whether or not Bennett’s still there.

I will be there.

I have waited a long long time to see us beat the Kangaroos. Maybe next year will be the one, maybe it won't but I will still be there because when we do win it will be something very special and I don't intent to miss it.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Copa said:

That’s appalling that some staff appear to be speaking outside of school. Lack of professionalism must permeate everything.

Hints at disharmony, doesn’t it.

You could see elements of it on the field, such as Josh Hodgson trying to replay the Grand Final for Canberra by himself in a GB jumper.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

That isn't the point Scubby, I love to attend International Rugby League contests wether be it GB or England, and I want to be entertained by the fare on offer I cannot recall ever being as underwhelmed with this present way we are playing under Bennett, I would even as go as far to say that with the same squad a different coach would have them performing in a far more expansive entertaining manner, the tactics and strategies are deplorable. 

PS get rid and I will be there, wherever!

You willl be there no matter what Harry...you won't be able to stay away...quit the false bluffing.

As far at the Gr. Britain team goes they certainly didn't have much flair or ability to create..no real flow or inventiveness...I agree with you that the coach has to go.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

This is one of my concerns. There seems to be a lack of awareness. In the first two games we made fewer errors than our opponents, but looked far more clueless than them.

In game 3 we started to make more errors, but still had a completion rate of 75%

Completions were put at the heart of everything and this obsession with not making errors is clouding everything. 

In many of the games out stats held up quite well.

Archived