Fri 30th Oct SL : St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45 SKY

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

5 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

How is that not a red card? 

Wigan deserve to win but that’s ridiculous.

It'll make no difference; only 2 minutes left in the game. But the important thing is what happens next week at the disciplinary. He can't now count "sent off" as a part of any resulting punishment, therefore over all sin binning is the better option. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dkw said:

I'm started to worry its not going to end well, there's a lot of injuries the last few weeks and its only going to get worse with the way they are overplaying the players.

Yeah I understand some of those concerns, but are we heading back to one game a week now? 

First half was as great a game of rugby as you could hope for. All it lacked was fans. Second half we made mistakes, were out fought and couldn’t get outside our own half. But when you’re total playbook starts and ends at Plan A, you’re going to get found out by good sides. 

Thought Willie Isa deserved man of the match.  Never stopped.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Just now, Saint 1 said:

What different selection would you have made? I thought we lacked go forward and I rate Peyroux more highly than Bentley, but that's it really. Without Walmsley our go forward looks pretty limited

I’d pick my Mum over Paulo, for a start. Her knees are shattered but you’d get more go forward from her than the Ghost. 

Why do some Sky commentators, either Barry or Terry, insist on referring to Lachlan Cote as the best full back in Super League? 

This is clearly false. Both Sam Tomkins and Bevan French are far superior full backs.

Saints over play under pressure, it is simply that we haven’t applied it for long enough. French had it right, we held our composure and concentration better, for longer. I didn’t think Lam could prepare us to win a game of this magnitude, but the beauty of that performance was that we can repeat what we did this evening. 

Woolf was graciousness personified, I thought. If he had long enough, he would have been able to moan about the shade of yellow we were wearing. As to the mistimed tackle at they end, if they apply the Walmsley tariff, then Greenwood gets yellow sufficient, if the Smithies tariff applies it’ll be 2022 before he plays again. 😇

1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

What different selection would you have made? I thought we lacked go forward and I rate Peyroux more highly than Bentley, but that's it really. Without Walmsley our go forward looks pretty limited

I'd have had Simm at centre over Welsby and my nan ahead of Paulo. The other changes would have been tactical as we needed to do something to turn the tide in the second half. Wigan did a number on us after the break but we didn't do anything to mix things up or adapt and just kept getting pushed further back leading to more mistakes.

Well that was pants.  We've reverted to the Saints of pre lockdown which I hoped the covid version of RL would have banished into touch.  Alas, no.  Woolf has killed what was a great attacking side and it's sad to see it as a Saints fan.  We don't do up the middle rugby very well.  I'm sure Naiqama still had a white shirt by the end of the game so rarely was he or any of the outside backs actually involved.  Boring stuff in the first half; boring rubbish from Saints in the second.

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Saints over play under pressure, it is simply that we haven’t applied it for long enough. French had it right, we held our composure and concentration better, for longer. I didn’t think Lam could prepare us to win a game of this magnitude, but the beauty of that performance was that we can repeat what we did this evening. 

Woolf was graciousness personified, I thought. If he had long enough, he would have been able to moan about the shade of yellow we were wearing. As to the mistimed tackle at they end, if they apply the Walmsley tariff, then Greenwood gets yellow sufficient, if the Smithies tariff applies it’ll be 2022 before he plays again. 😇

Mistimed ? 😂

It was a geographical mistake , he hit him in the head , obviously looking to take over from Sean 

Archived