Ryan Hall to Hull KR

Hullfan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He went to the wrong NRL club, but that's pure hindsight. Best of luck to him at KR.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He will do a good job at Hull KR and will make valuable carries clearing the line. Pace is shot and isn't as agile as he was but is a clever professional and finisher.

Let's not forget what a world class winger he was 2010-2015. Age catches up with everyone.

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

He will do a good job at Hull KR and will make valuable carries clearing the line. Pace is shot and isn't as agile as he was but is a clever professional and finisher.

Let's not forget what a world class winger he was 2010-2015. Age catches up with everyone.

Was. Not now. 

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

At his peak he was genuinely world class and as good as any winger around. That was a long time ago now though.

Absolutely. I’ve always thought that when he 1st broke into the rhinos side was his best and ideal shape pre bulking up. I honestly think he could have been even better being lighter.

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Absolutely. I’ve always thought that when he 1st broke into the rhinos side was his best and ideal shape pre bulking up. I honestly think he could have been even better being lighter.

Totally, the last few years he has just looked like a big forward on the wing with the same kind of pace and agility.

If he'd gone to a NRL club that actually gave him quality ball in an attacking situation once in a while, he would have done okay. But by the end, even he was laughing at the frustrating situation, as try after try was scored down whichever side of the field he wasn't on. But the Roosters didn't really need him, and some other sides would have used him better.

To be honest, I'd have urged him to join the Titans, who look like Justin Holbrook has unlocked whatever it is that sparks a club into life.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Going back and watching some old clips, he's been big for a while hasn't he? I thought it was more late career that he bulked up but he's been a fair size for a while now. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Sport is full of 'what if's' and with Ryan Hall the big what if is how his career at the Roosters would have panned out if he hadn't suffered a season ending ACL injury for Leeds just 3 weeks after announcing his move.

He didn't make his debut for the Roosters until round 10 of the 2019 season after his rehabilitation and then he dislocated his knee after 6 games.

If he had gone to the Roosters and had a full pre-season in 2019 and played as we all know he could then it could have turned out very differently.

But that is sport.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived