Jump to content

Toulouse sign historic long term stadium agreement


Recommended Posts


This is fantastic news. The cooperation mentioned between the powerful, popular and established rugby union club and the up and coming rugby league club in Toulouse will be a huge help for the Toulouse rugby league club achieving wider local fan appeal and commercial sponsoring prospects.

I have been to Ernest Wallon 15 years ago, and Stade Gilbert Brutus 10 years ago. If both are still the same then Gilbert Brutus has two more modern stands than Ernest Wallon, with recently built facilities, but Ernest Wallon has greater capacity and a great view from almost all seats.

Toulouse are now a must to enter Super League in 2022. If this necessity is belatedly realised then Toulouse will need all of Ernest Wallon's capacity for the local derby, and perhaps also for when Leeds, Warrington, St Helens and Wigan come to town.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for anyone trying to get a taxi to the ground.

  • Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Promoted by achievements on the field, the correct way in Sport. 

That is not how the National Football League (NFL) in the USA works. That is not how Major League Baseball (MLB) works in the USA. This is not how the National Basketball Association (NBA) works in the USA. That is not how the National Rugby League (NRL) in Australia and New Zealand works. This is not how the Australian Football League (AFL) works in Australia. They all work on the basis of licensing and franchise. They do not have promotion and relegation.

The American competitions cited are the three of the top four sporting competitions in the world. The Australian competitions are the two sports competitions biggest in Australia. They are all examples of very popular and very successful sport competitions. 

Those competitions I have mentioned are examples of 'the correct way in Sport," as you put it. The NFL, MLB, NBA, the NRL and the AFL should be the models for Super League (Europe) and the RFL Championship.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

That is not how the National Football League (NFL) in the USA works. That is not how Major League Baseball (MLB) works in the USA. This is not how the National Basketball Association (NBA) works in the USA. That is not how the National Rugby League (NRL) in Australia and New Zealand works. This is not how the Australian Football League (AFL) works in Australia. They all work on the basis of licensing and franchise. They do not have promotion and relegation.

The American competitions cited are the three of the top four sporting competitions in the world. The Australian competitions are the two sports competitions biggest in Australia. They are all examples of very popular and very successful sport competitions. 

Those competitions I have mentioned are examples of 'the correct way in Sport," as you put it. The NFL, MLB, NBA, the NRL and the AFL should be the models for Super League (Europe) and the RFL Championship.

Totally alien concept to U.K. sport. P&R can work if done correctly.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Totally alien concept to U.K. sport. P&R can work if done correctly.

P & R cannot work in a sport that is massively under resourced, because of its limited geographical location of clubs.

P & R can only work in the case of a nationally popular sport like football (soccer), where commercial sponsorship is abundant. Although even in cases of nationally popular sports such as the American team sports, and the Australian team sports, it has been rejected in favour of licensing and franchising..

P & R cannot work when most of the clubs are located in the M62 corridor. It is a guarantee that the sport will not grow, and will not get abundant commercial sponsorship, and thus never overcome its material poverty. It is obvious.

How pathetic it is that the Super League rugby league competition now depends on a gambling organization for its sponsorship and impoverished survival.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manfred Mann said:

P & R cannot work in a sport that is massively under resourced, because of its limited geographical location of clubs.

P & R can only work in the case of a nationally popular sport like football (soccer), where commercial sponsorship is abundant. Although even in cases of nationally popular sports such as the American team sports, and the Australian team sports, it has been rejected in favour of licensing and franchising..

P & R cannot work when most of the clubs are located in the M62 corridor. It is a guarantee that the sport will not grow, and will not get abundant commercial sponsorship, and thus never overcome its material poverty. It is obvious.

How pathetic it is that the Super League rugby league competition now depends on a gambling organization for its sponsorship and impoverished survival.

Sorry you, a well known NRL aficionado, are criticising British rugby league for an over reliance on the gambling industry? Those machines in the league clubs aren't arcade games you know?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Sport is different in France, a lot is financed by local authorities 

And so it should be .

* Gives the kids something to do

* Sense of well being 

* Keeps them fit 

* Cuts down the teenage crime rate 

 

When I was a teenager we had 4 divisions in the local football league 40 + clubs in one town now ZERO:(

 

Paul

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2021 at 04:34, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Sharing a stadium with union in France, is like car pooling with the Taliban... 

My initial thoughts 

 

Or maybe they have been converted on the road to Damascus 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Sorry you, a well known NRL aficionado, are criticising British rugby league for an over reliance on the gambling industry? Those machines in the league clubs aren't arcade games you know?

Sorry Keith, but the NRL does not depend on poker machines to stay afloat. It does not even approach gambling organizations for sponsorship. Instead it has a range of commercial sponsors, from the tech giant Telstra to the retail shopping titan Harvey Norman. 

Leagues clubs poker machine profits help sustain individual rugby league club operations. But the machine owners are not part of any commercial sponsorships for the rugby league clubs.

I really hope that the information that I have provided enables you and your family to keep on top of what is happening in Australia. Keith. Keeping you well informed is a social obligation that means a lot to me and my family.

Edited by Manfred Mann
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Leagues clubs poker machine profits help sustain individual rugby league club operations. But the machine owners are not part of any commercial sponsorships for the rugby league clubs.

Glad we're in agreement.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

That is not how the National Football League (NFL) in the USA works. That is not how Major League Baseball (MLB) works in the USA. This is not how the National Basketball Association (NBA) works in the USA. That is not how the National Rugby League (NRL) in Australia and New Zealand works. This is not how the Australian Football League (AFL) works in Australia. They all work on the basis of licensing and franchise. They do not have promotion and relegation.

The American competitions cited are the three of the top four sporting competitions in the world. The Australian competitions are the two sports competitions biggest in Australia. They are all examples of very popular and very successful sport competitions. 

Those competitions I have mentioned are examples of 'the correct way in Sport," as you put it. The NFL, MLB, NBA, the NRL and the AFL should be the models for Super League (Europe) and the RFL Championship.

Promotion and relegation are traditions in this country Promotion rewards hard work relegation rewards failure. 

 

Same across Europe, Africa and South America in many sports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rugby&soccerfan said:

Promotion and relegation are traditions in this country Promotion rewards hard work relegation rewards failure. 

 

Same across Europe, Africa and South America in many sports.

But you missed my main point — not in geographically limited sports which have no significant national following and insufficient financial resources.

European rugby league is impoverished, unable to attract sufficient local playing talent or significant fan base, and remaining as a mostly M62 restricted sport will ensure that it will remain as such.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...