Fri 23 Apr: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 17:30

Linnet's 2nd, conversion missed.

Rervers 20 Leeds 6.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be hilarious if Leeds only won one out of their first four matches.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Good to see Leeds have their big guns back.

By the way, what's the score?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

26-6 full tarm.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Where's Sir Kev, he laughed at me when I said I had a sneaky feeling HKR would win, suppose he was correct no way was it a sneaky result just an emphatic win.

Well he was right,you were miles away,it was a mullering 😂

One of the best all-round Rovers performances I’ve seen for a while. I’ve doubted Abdul’s ability to run a whole game tbh, thought we needed to replace him with a better half until Lewis is a couple of years older, but he did that today.

3-try Linnet is our best 2nd row since Newton I think. Imagine being on a team’s right edge defence and being faced with Linnett-SKD-Hall as the attacking 3 coming towards you... very potent. 

Smith’s decision to put Takairangi at right centre seems inspired, hope that’s the long-term pick rather than as a warm-up for a move to stand-off later. All of our defeats this year have really been because of the defensive issue on our right edge, Brad seemed able to solve that today, and looks very dangerous going forwards with ball in hand. Keep him in the centres and that means in some portions of games we’ll basically be playing with 3 halves and 2 hookers on the pitch... Kevin Keegan style 😂

Anyway after that structured, mature display there’s zero relegation fears for me now, even without Leigh being a safety net. Time for optimism..! 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Rovers have been threatening this and were thoroughly deserved winners.

When you look at the Rovers team from 1-17 it is actually pretty good. The new players have added a lot but there were some very good players already like Abdull, Linnett, Parcell and Kenny-Dowall.

Last week we got 2 shocking VR decisions which made the game closer than it should have been but frankly Leeds never looked like turning this one round.

Rovers now have 3 very difficult away games but I'm not in the least concerned about relegation. We're aiming higher than that now.

9 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

One of the best all-round Rovers performances I’ve seen for a while. I’ve doubted Abdul’s ability to run a whole game tbh, thought we needed to replace him with a better half until Lewis is a couple of years older, but he did that today.

3-try Linnet is our best 2nd row since Newton I think. Imagine being on a team’s right edge defence and being faced with Linnett-SKD-Hall as the attacking 3 coming towards you... very potent. 

Smith’s decision to put Takairangi at right centre seems inspired, hope that’s the long-term pick rather than as a warm-up for a move to stand-off later. All of our defeats this year have really been because of the defensive issue on our right edge, Brad seemed able to solve that today, and looks very dangerous going forwards with ball in hand. Keep him in the centres and that means in some portions of games we’ll basically be playing with 3 halves and 2 hookers on the pitch... Kevin Keegan style 😂

Anyway after that structured, mature display there’s zero relegation fears for me now, even without Leigh being a safety net. Time for optimism..! 

I’m pleased HKR won, i have a friend over in East Hull and id imagine she will be waking up with a nasty hangover. She said it was 2018 since they won back to back league game’s. 

In pre season I said Leeds' squad was bang average and they wouldn't make the playoffs. But since then I had been impressed with the fight they had shown in the face of their injury problems and thought that maybe they might be competitive this year after all.

Turns out I was right the first time. Not even close to being a top side.

Rovers on the other hand might be going places. They have been competitive in every game (I even include St Helens in that), and now that they have got that monkey off their back and won a tight game last week I think they will go from strength to strength. Despite myself I enjoy the way they play and Tony Smith has quietly put a decent squad together.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

In pre season I said Leeds' squad was bang average and they wouldn't make the playoffs. But since then I had been impressed with the fight they had shown in the face of their injury problems and thought that maybe they might be competitive this year after all.

Turns out I was right the first time. Not even close to being a top side.

I wouldn't be so quick to make such rash judgements.

Leeds were very poor, and as one of their players said embarrassing. Hull KR totally outplayed them in all facets.

Its one game and many teams look poor on some games, whilst others look outstanding in some games,,,  It seems to me thread commentators go from one extreme to another each game.

Leeds as often in last number of years over egg their youngsters and consequence have limited consistent SL standard cover.   It's a familiar picture that key positions have limited contingency cover.

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

Leeds were very poor, and as one of their players said embarrassing. Hull KR totally outplayed them in all facets.

Its one game and many teams look poor on some games, whilst others look outstanding in some games,,,  It seems to me thread commentators go from one extreme to another each game.

Leeds as often in last number of years over egg their youngsters and consequence have limited consistent SL standard cover.   It's a familiar picture that key positions have limited contingency cover.

A sobering result for Leeds.  I have thought KR were underrated for a while even with out results.

Leeds will get some playmakers back, but there has been something missing even last year when they won the cup.  Wigan were useless in their game, but they faced up to that and later played a blinder against Saints.   Leeds need to do the same, but they have got a lot to do.

Archived