Andre savelio - is he British

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The storm said:

The lad has lived here most of his life 

He is currently the best 2nd row in the competition 

Can he get an England spot

Another one with an ego far greater than his actual talent.

Flopped at Saints, Flopped at Wire, Flopped in the NRL, Done nothing so far at Hull !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

6 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Flopped at Saints, Flopped at Wire, Flopped in the NRL, Done nothing so far at Hull !!!

He had a bad illness when he was about 19

It set him back a year and a half or more 

I'm not really a hull fan but this lad is doing the business this season 

43 minutes ago, The storm said:

He had a bad illness when he was about 19

It set him back a year and a half or more 

I'm not really a hull fan but this lad is doing the business this season 

I'm well aware of his past illness.

He was a stand-out at junior levels, largely because he was pretty big for his age, but once he got to 1st team level he never kicked on. He stayed at Saints for a couple of years post his illness but never showed any signs of improving, despite constantly demanding a big contract. In the end they just said no you aint worth it and he left for Wire.

He never did much of note at Wire either and all he ever talked about was going to the NRL.

But he never made any impression there either.

In the Hull games i've watch so far this year I haven't seen anything to convince me he's improved much at all, certainly not a level to be considered for an England place

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

He's no longer at Saints so therefore he's not worthy.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

He was only 21 when he left Saints after making 40 appearances.

He scored 9 tries in his only season at Warrington and was offered a deal at Brisbane,where he suffered a serious injury in preseason,calling him a flop is ridiculous & petty,at 26 he should be in his prime and has looked in good form at Hull.

5 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Self-awareness isn't a strong point of yours is it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Yeah, he’s born in Warrington. His mum is definitely local. 

He had a load of potential at Saints but never quite kicked on. He looked very good at Academy level, he was big and tough to put down and come in to the first grade and showed flashes of quality but also did get bullied a bit, at times, though he was young still and he was recovering from a pretty serious illness. He also played under Kieron Cunningham and kids who did show potential, namely him and Joe Greenwood, never quite kicked on at the club.

He went to the NRL and did his knee almost immediately so it’s incredibly unfair to say he flopped. He went to Hull and like Hull, has had weeks where he looks very good and weeks where he looks like he’s never played the sport before. That said, he’s started well this year. 

As for International honours, I’m not sure. I think we have better players, who have performed consistently over a longer period, than Savelio. I’m not sure if he qualifies for “Combined Nations” under the criteria but as “best of the rest”, he’d be in with a shout if the game was this weekend. 

40 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Yeah, he’s born in Warrington. His mum is definitely local. 

He had a load of potential at Saints but never quite kicked on. He looked very good at Academy level, he was big and tough to put down and come in to the first grade and showed flashes of quality but also did get bullied a bit, at times, though he was young still and he was recovering from a pretty serious illness. He also played under Kieron Cunningham and kids who did show potential, namely him and Joe Greenwood, never quite kicked on at the club.

He went to the NRL and did his knee almost immediately so it’s incredibly unfair to say he flopped. He went to Hull and like Hull, has had weeks where he looks very good and weeks where he looks like he’s never played the sport before. That said, he’s started well this year. 

As for International honours, I’m not sure. I think we have better players, who have performed consistently over a longer period, than Savelio. I’m not sure if he qualifies for “Combined Nations” under the criteria but as “best of the rest”, he’d be in with a shout if the game was this weekend. 

He was born in New Zealand. Lower Hutt.

moved to England when he was 1.

Archived